Northern Soul - Summer Of 2013 Poll

Northern Soul in the summer of 2013 Poll  

1. 1. Northern Soul in the summer of 2013 is....

• As good as its ever been
    • Ok - not the best or the worse its been, but ok
    • Not very good

In terms of access to music, I can now discover tunes I've not heard before, or get information, on the press of a button...that's the main "good thing" today.

Against that is the fact that there are too many events which has fragmented the scene, resulting in real difficulty in keeping some events going.

All in all at least there's plenty to choose from and you can get to see what to expect of an event, to a greater extent.

...so not the best but not the worst of times either. 

Edited by back street blue
  • Helpful 1
Social source share

Guest Garry Huxley

as good as it gets at the events ive been recently,  whitchurch soul club week last friday at archibald wmc was outstanding.

Garry

Social source share

I realise everyone is nostalgic for the good old days when we were 15 instead of 50 but to be honest, the sheer choice of do's nowadays... God if I was rich and didn't have to work I could go to a different alldayer or allnighter every weekend for years, and as for do's lasting a few hours, well theres loads nearly every night of the week.

Do's were few and far between when I was a nipper.

• Helpful 1
Social source share

• 2 weeks later...

Agreed,  it's only down to the music played the crowd your with and the enthusiasm. Just because it's a massive well known do with no room to dance for elbows and talc and sweaty bodies doesn't mean you've had a good night. I've had some great nights when I didn't expect to.

Social source share