Jm Mystery Auction

Can someone just say what the bl**dy hell it is, instead of talking in initials!! If people know, they know, it's not as though anyone is going to get prosecuted for giving it away is it?!

I know, ask the US Government 'Prism' operators.... they're bound to know!

Social source share

Interesting to see him auctioning a Freddie Scott - Mr Heartache, I've listed one three times now without so much of a sniff of a sale, so I shall now withdraw it, wait for the auction to end, and sell it at double what I was originally asking for it which will still be half the price it sells for at auction, and the buyer will be dead happy because he got it at half the auction price.

Strange strange world of northern soul...

Freddie Scott was £25 in one box at the weekend.

Social source share

Interesting to see him auctioning a Freddie Scott - Mr Heartache, I've listed one three times now without so much of a sniff of a sale, so I shall now withdraw it, wait for the auction to end, and sell it at double what I was originally asking for it which will still be half the price it sells for at auction, and the buyer will be dead happy because he got it at half the auction price.

Strange strange world of northern soul...

Pete,

I was sending you the money for that and a couple of others tomorrow !

That's pissed on me bonfire !

• Helpful 1
Social source share

It is the Mello Souls believe me, the Supremes reference is because Shifty told his American contact that if he ever heard a record that sounded like the beginning of a certain Supremes track contact him straight away which is what he did and that was years ago not now just in case a few still don't get it :lol:

Edited by Ted Massey
  • Helpful 1
Social source share

:wink: Better give the BM a ring then.. :ohmy: 

It is the Mello Souls believe me, the Supremes reference is because Shifty told his American contact that if he ever heard a record that sounded like the beginning of a certain Supremes track contact him straight away which is what he did and that was years ago not now just in case a few still don't get it :lol:

Edited by john parker
Social source share

Just seen the post on JM s site...not really sure Id call Mello Souls alluring

Now Sandy Golden...thats a different story

Might not be to you mate, but it sure is to plenty of others.............

Edited by markw
Social source share

Might not be to you mate, but it sure is to plenty of others.............

It was a reference to the adjective alluring which to my mind has more feminine connotation..Sandy Golden is alluring..

Would describe Mello Souls as the dogs b....cks..masculine descriptor

Social source share

If the current number of page views for this topic were all individuals and they all chipped in £13.96 each, it'd be ours! Or at least ten grand towards it.

Viz referring to the lottery as being for the 'hopelessly optimistic', prevents me from ever owning such a disc.  :(

Social source share

So, assuming it isn't a mystery anymore and is Mello Souls, what do the panel think the finishing price will be?

Somewhere between Larry and Frank??

Ted, if you want to sell some of those battered to death, overplayed oldies you've had knocking about for years to fund a bid, let me know. I may even give you what you paid for some of them back in the 70's and 80's :thumbsup:

• Helpful 2
Social source share

Guest Seagrave

So, assuming it isn't a mystery anymore and is Mello Souls, what do the panel think the finishing price will be?

Somewhere between Larry and Frank??

Ted, if you want to sell some of those battered to death, overplayed oldies you've had knocking about for years to fund a bid, let me know. I may even give you what you paid for some of them back in the 70's and 80's :thumbsup:

Between Larry and Frank? ... most probably.

However, let's not forget there were other recent items in-between those two as well:

Eddie Parker - £8.2K+

Counts - £8.5K+

Prophets - £9.9K+

All very rare and very good records (and, perhaps not surprisingly, the last three are all now residing in Japan I believe).

But personally I would rather have any of those five ahead of the Mello Souls.

It might well exceed the price for the Prophets; but then again, travesties happen all the time. Give me One Gold Piece any day of the week.

We Can Make It is not for me though, and as the Mello Souls might say, 'I Got My Pride' ...

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!