Unknown? Northern Soul 45

Guest kov6262

Guest kov6262

Hi I am wondering if anyone has any info on this 45 that I found while sorting through 45s in Cleveland.  I can't find any info on it online.  I posted both sides on youtube a few months ago.  I contacted one of the members and he was ecstatic that I had posted it online.  He was surprised that I had found a copy since very few were pressed.  He stated that this was the only music they released and were poised to be signed to a major label but it all fell through because of poor management.  Any info would be appreciated!

Joey Joy & Zazzarak

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=na3by6mKQPA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c_lNcUCaSU0

Social source share

• Replies 8
  • Views 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Guest kov6262

Too bad that they weren't successful, but this isn't soul music.

'You Make Me Everything I Am" sounds like a soul song to me but then again I am not as versed as most of the people on this site. What type of music would you classify it as? Thanks.

Social source share

sounds just like a pop song to me. i like it on repeat listening though, it's catchy. the lead singer pseudonym and group name imply pop to me though.

just my opinion if someone else wants to offer one. what kind of music did the group members think it was?

Social source share

Guest kov6262

I actually already did contact one of the members through FB but I neglected to ask what genre they considered their music to be. I'll have to do that. He told me they were about to be signed but poor management ruined their chances of making it big. He was very surprised that I had come across this record. He said most members of the band don't even have a copy themselves. They were very excited that I had posted it on youtube so it can be heard again by them and their families

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert