Percy Milem - Call On Me - Goldwax

• Replies 13
  • Views 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Guest MissHongkongfuey

I'm really interested to know this one too. I have a green Stateside and also the US Goldwax but didn't realise it might have been booted. I've also seen a French Stateside P/S too which seems to come up quite often.

Social source share

HI ALL :hatsoff2: GREAT RECORD, AND TYPICAL OF THE TYPE THAT STARTED OFF THE RARE SOUL SCENE, A UK DEMO on $TATESIDE IS RARE,

However it did get a release in Europe not sure what country's but I sold a French $tateside for £100 a few weeks ago, as for a bootleg I have not seen one but I have a feeling it was booted? :wicked: DAVE K

Social source share

Guest MissHongkongfuey

HI ALL :hatsoff2: GREAT RECORD, AND TYPICAL OF THE TYPE THAT STARTED OFF THE RARE SOUL SCENE, A UK DEMO on $TATESIDE IS RARE,

However it did get a release in Europe not sure what country's but I sold a French $tateside for £100 a few weeks ago, as for a bootleg I have not seen one but I have a feeling it was booted? :wicked: DAVE K

I had a real turn up with the demo, think it was around Christmas time and went far cheaper than I thought...think it was around £80 but then picked up a Goldwax  at an unbelievably cheap price from that Coinop warehouse on the bay too.

Social source share

the coinopwarehouse fella sells jukeboxes as a rule....he was part of a warehouse find just before christmas and he ended up with 14 copies of ann sexton on impel ..there were a few boxes of the percy milem goldwax 45. last time i looked he was sellin em at £30 buy it now......dont know if he has any left... he has multiples of a few goldwax 45...spencer wiggins lonely man, o.v wright etc

Edited by dave pinch
Social source share

:hatsoff2: Hi All £80 for a DEMO is a great steal "well done", It's always worth reminding yourself, the golden rule in colleting SOUL 45's... a UK copy ISSUE or DEMO is always worth more than the US copy, although many collectors these days seem to want the USA copy and don't bother with the UK records or they just want the UK top rare SOUL only, however top collectors still love the UK stuff pre 73 :ohmy: DAVE K

Social source share

:hatsoff2: Hi All £80 for a DEMO is a great steal "well done", It's always worth reminding yourself, the golden rule in colleting SOUL 45's... a UK copy ISSUE or DEMO is always worth more than the US copy, although many collectors these days seem to want the USA copy and don't bother with the UK records or they just want the UK top rare SOUL only, however top collectors still love the UK stuff pre 73 :ohmy: DAVE K

would be nice to be able to affored the lot dave..imo the best tunes are on usa only 60`s originals so as far as i can say if i had chance of a usa orig at £10 rather than the uk counterpart at £100 its the usa copy for me

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Guest MissHongkongfuey

Yep, think I made a pretty low best offer with coin-op and it was accepted. "Sold as seen" I think they are and mine cleaned up beautifully...just really dusty but in fab nick.

I don't usually go after UK as a rule as my funds don't allow it, but it also leads me into temptation as I now want the French one and really can't afford to go down that multiple copy madness.

For me, it's usually best condition and best price and that's always my limit when buying.

For how cheap the Goldwax is at the minute, I can't see why on earth its been booted.

Social source share

:hatsoff2: Hi All....On our collectors part of the Rare Soul Scene, there have been many many changes, as discussed before todays scene is made up from middle aged people who's kids have flown the nest, and have indulged themselves in a very expensive hobby, which in many cases replaces old addictions that were common on the scene? also appeals to the MOD values of being elite,

To be honest the interest in buying bootlegs of any record baffles me, why spend good money on fake goods? there are many people on the scene today who not educated in the many appealing aspects the pre-internet scene offered, back in the early 70s  most of the top records were not even 5 years old, yet to find them, it was hard work, and when you did get a rare find, it was easy to find a collector to buy it,

The other week I was doing my yearly look at old record lists, if you take a comparison between a mid 70s SOUL BOWL list to those of today, it's amazing to see how few rare records are on Johns list and he sold no UK items, to find rare UK soul, you needed to no people like PETE WID MICK SMITH IAN CLARKE ADY C, To even stand a chance of getting the rare records that we call BRITISH.

As for BOOTLEGS apart from SOUL SOUNDS LABEL no dealer would sell them and no DJ would play them, reissues have some place on the scene but they are not collectable as an example Grapevine is  still a collectable label, however the Grapevine 2000 series started of selling limited demos at £20 10 years on and most are available for a £5 note, this makes the current pressed records at best worth 50p, reissues & bootlegs have as much appeal as a CD, the are a intrusion and mislead many,

My point is this you are not on the rare soul scene if you don't buy RARE SOUL! :D DAVE K

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert