John Newman Love Me Again

cress

• 4 weeks later...
Guest OntheScene

Seems strange seeing NS dancers to this type of tune as I don't feel there's much soul to it. Not that its bad, maybe I'm just getting old. Would be great if some new artist really tried to emulate the authentic soul sound of the sixties but in a new song/s. May start a new craze, I think the kids are ready for it.

Social source share

And if this is the best that the UK has to offer when it comes to getting to number one in the singles chart, it's a pretty poor showing. The song is terriible.

To be honest Dave, I've seen far worse get to No. 1 in the UK singles charts over the past couple of decades, which doesn't say a great deal at all for the taste in modern music in the UK! 

Edited by Gene-R
Social source share

This is at least the third thread on this song. Why ?

It's not Soul music.

It's not Northern Soul music,

It's got absolutely nothing to do with either musical genre.

Having read his playlist (See link above) I'd suggest that he's not into the scene at all, rather a pastiche of it that has been created for him. I can't think of ANY venue that would have a playlist like those ten tracks !

And if this is the best that the UK has to offer when it comes to getting to number one in the singles chart, it's a pretty poor showing. The song is terriible.

Spot on Dave - I really wonder why tosh like this even warrents mention on this site - how easy the marketing people suck people into believing this is the next big thing - first we had Plan B or whatever and he soon nailed his colours to the mast and sailed off to try another direction.

The whole thing epitomises what we all steadfastly tried to avoid in the 60s and 70s.

Social source share

Spot on Dave - I really wonder why tosh like this even warrents mention on this site - how easy the marketing people suck people into believing this is the next big thing - first we had Plan B or whatever and he soon nailed his colours to the mast and sailed off to try another direction.

The whole thing epitomises what we all steadfastly tried to avoid in the 60s and 70s.

We've always had people mentioning pop shite in the same breath as northern.

It's nowt new. I remember over the years having arguments with people trying to associate stuff like Dexy's, Jo Boxers, Katrina & The Waves, Edwyn Collins and even that  Weller effort with Northern Soul.

It's not, it never was and it never will be. Simple!

Social source share

• 4 weeks later...

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!