Ebay ! - Ever Been Relieved You've Been Outbid On A Record

embedded_4f5ae59dee8715.23358000.jpg

A want of mine Lp came up on Ebay in the last few days and I bid high straight away to get it , not even a sniff of the sniper !!! ,  fully accepting the oncoming days of the last drawn out moments of the auction whilst debating my finances until pay day in the quest for my want !!!

THEN  , a member on here offers me a copy , seeing my bid user name and a deal is done !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It  was a great non buying experience when I was outbid , knowing I did'nt have to pay twice !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Helpful 1
Social source share

I was extremely lucky when the first Royal Esquires appeared on eBay (10 / 12 years ago ? - seems like a lifetime) - bidded about $1800 (about £1000 in those days) and got pipped in the dying seconds - I was actually the third highest bidder. I was sort of disappointed, but only for about half an hour until an email appeared offering me a "spare" copy. Alarm bells rang especially as I wasn't the second highest, but third. Needles to say, I never took up the very kind offer, and so as the weeks and months went by with copies constantly appearing and obviously going for less and less, I felt very lucky not to have won in the first place. I eventually bought a fair few when it bottomed at about $25 / 30, think they were 3 or 4 for $100.

Cheers

Mick

• Helpful 1
Social source share

two weeks ago, placed a bid on a cheap record I was really after.

20 secs to end of auction I was still winning bidder, 10.20 euros (my max bid was something like 17.50).

Got nervous about my max bid being high enough so intended to raise bid via the mobile. Due to my clumsyfingers I almost bid 210.21 euros instead of 21.21. By the time I corrected it and pressed "send" auction ended @ 17.51. I got overbid by 1 cent!

Edited by Benji
  • Helpful 1
Social source share

Happens all the time, I put bids on then decide I dont want the record, I'm euphoric when I get out bid!!! :rofl:

just bidding on some Aussie stuff yesterday, two I already had, third was very rare, sods law, lost the rare one and Now I have double copies of the two.. no matter they are very nice and will be appearing in the sales section very soon..

I wonder about record collecting, think were all F***** Mad to be honest...

M

Edited by Mal.C.
  • Helpful 1
Social source share

Was once bidding on an item & the Wife was secretly bidding against me to buy me the record for my birthday.
She outbid me & several others but bid way over the going price for it but luckily someone outbid her with a snipe in the last few seconds.
Do feel rather guilty as it was her fault the winner had to pay way over the odds for it.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!