News: Happy 80th Tommy Hunt

• Replies 35
  • Views 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Guest peter burke

Once bumped in to him stood at the bar at a do near Mexborough I think about ten years ago, I think he lived locally at the time.

Told him Karen was staying in with the flu and he informed me he had just returned from performing on a cruise liner during which trip he'd also come down with the flu.

A very nice normal conversation with a lovely down to earth guy having a drink at the bar. 

Pete

Social source share

Guest oldsoulgit

Rock on Tommy.

Really nice guy, met him loads of times at soul in the sun, saw him at Wigan in the 70s,

Happy birthday Tommy and may you have many more,

Cheers Jim & Liz and the Macc lads & lasses.

Social source share

Can't remember exactly what year but a long while ago, perhaps very early 80s........... Tommy Hunt did a summer season in Morecambe. That was definitely a step up from the usual offering of Baron Nights, Mud, or Shaking Stevens ....... for a whole summer season too  :thumbup:

Our gang used to go along to see his show (at Bubbles ? A Council run venue thingy on prom) and sit amongst the random families and pensioners going bananas -  that's us going bananas by the way not the  .... Tommy always put on a great show and I seem to remember him dragging our lot down to "dance" with him. Seem to also remember some of the crew being of a highly "animated" disposition at the show :thumbsup: That Boddingtons was strong stuff back then.

I also seem to (vaguely) remember one weekend  after an early show night with Tommy followed by a night on the town we then trooped up to the Carlton for a late soul night with special guest star..................  Mr Tommy Hunt !

Happy Days & Happy Birthday Tommy

Taff

Edited by Saxafone
Social source share

'The Pretty Part Of You'

Superb...just soooo NYC Soul of the highest order...and what a totally totally top vocal performance!

Would love to see Chuck, Maxine and Tommy all together on stage...I would fly over to see that at dare I say Cleethorpes!?!

:)

Social source share

attachicon.gifJPDX 01675 Tommy Hunt.jpg

Helping Kent celebrate its 25th in 2007

HI ADY.

Did you know he is releasing a record today to celebrate his 80th?. Not the usual Tommy Hunt style but something of a rap orientated offering. Available on download from CD Baby.

Had a get together with the man himself and Mandy with Pete Meadows and family on saturday to celebrate both their birthdays and he is still pretty sharp and loving song writing with the occasional performances during the year.

ROY

Social source share

first time I saw Tommy was at the KGB sheffield 1978/79 brill ! then about 2006 Mexbrough then a couple of times at butlins Sceggy then this year he was at Sceggy weekender march always gives 110% 

happy birthday Tommy 

Keep on Keeping on

Richo

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Guest SOULSUPPLIER

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TOMMY. SAW HIM AT SIDAC CLUB, ST HELENS A FEW YEARS BACK. TOP PERFORMANCE AND SUCH A DOWN TO EARTH GENT. TAKING TIME OUT TO SIGN HIS CD AND HAD TIME FOR EVERYBODY.

Social source share

Guest turntableterra

carlise, the collectors heaven, talk of the border............or the one o one club circa 1979. met him back stage, photo and autograph. PROOF I WAS THERE. PMSL

Social source share

Thanks Big Roy for the heads up!  Yep me 'n Tommy share the same birthday and are real Geminian Soul Brothers. 

Some months ago I set myself a task to issue a new recording from Tommy to celebrate his 80th birthday.  He's a prolific songwriter and had written a song about the state of the world today called 'Nation Of Provocation', which I loved at first hearing.  We played around with it until we were satisfied and true to my world, we 'released' it to the world on his birthday.  You can read all about it here: 

https://www.tommyhunt.co.uk/pressrelease.htm

Tommy is also celebrating 62 years in show business this year and so anyone who would like to show their respect and support for this gentleman can do so by downloading the track for much less than a quid from:

https://www.cdbaby.com/cd/tommyhunt2

It's also available on iTunes, Amazon and most major on-line download sites if you've already got accounts with any of these? 

I'm sure we've all enjoyed Tommy's music and performances.  I'm sure he'd be really grateful to know you still love him in 2013!!

Pete Meadows

pete@soulresponding.co.uk

Social source share

Guest Tommy Hunt

Thank you so much to everyone for your kind Wishes and comments, My life has been so much richer for knowing you all.

God Bless Ya

Social source share

Guest sharmo 1

Thank you so much to everyone for your kind Wishes and comments, My life has been so much richer for knowing you all.

God Bless Ya

Hi there Tommy happy birthday my son's also on here (Ashby de la soul ) He was named after you his names Tom Hunt as well regards Simon.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert