Next Eastbourne Do Sold Out

Guest vespastu

Guest vespastu

Hi all Just a a bit of info about the next Eastbourne do as it's less than 3 weeks away!Thanks to everyone who has bought a ticket. I'm sure you won't be disappointed. With a great Dj line up and a full house I'm sure we are in for a good night. I was a bit worried about doing an all ticket event at first but it has exceeded even my expectations with the response. Sold 140 tickets and could have sold 200 if the venue would have allowed but 140 is the max. blush.gif The nice thing is i don't have to worry about how many people i get through the door and can enjoy myself from the start! whistling.gif For those of you who have a ticket don't forget the do will start at 3pm for an open deck session so get there as early as you can.Thanks again for your support and look forward to seeing you on the 17th of June.STU. :thumbsup: unfortunately Steve who i run the club with can't attend this one so be gentle with me. :shades:

• Replies 50
  • Views 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Guest partytimegirl

Hi Stu

Really hope you have a top night, sorry i wont be able to make this one, i really renjoyed the last one had such a good laugh.

Keep an eye on Molly, mind you i dont know why iam asking you to do that your as mad as him.

Enjoy the night you deserve it and see you at Cardiff Saturday for another top nighter.

cant wait.

tracy xx whistling.gif

Guest vespastu

Hi Stu

Really hope you have a top night, sorry i wont be able to make this one, i really renjoyed the last one had such a good laugh.

Keep an eye on Molly, mind you i dont know why iam asking you to do that your as mad as him.

Enjoy the night you deserve it and see you at Cardiff Saturday for another top nighter.

cant wait.

tracy xx thumbsup.gif

Hi Tracy. Cheers. Looking forward to it. Shame you can't make it. You'll be missed :lol:

See you both in Cardiff Saturday :lol: STU

Guest vespastu

Have a good one Stu, only sorry Helen & I can't make it!

Thanks Paul :) Only 1 room out of the30 in the hotel is empty now and i left that one in case i forgot anyone. I do things like that :) With that many people in the hotel i feel a party coming on :D

See you out and about soon. STU

Just a note to let everyone know that Stu's wife & I will be celebrating our birthday that week-end.

There is also another lady celebrating her birthday then, but her name escapes me at the minute...... :)

Col.

3 Birthdays. This could be an expensive night :yes: . STU

• 2 weeks later...
Guest andrew bin

Thanks Paul :wicked: Only 1 room out of the30 in the hotel is empty now and i left that one in case i forgot anyone. I do things like that :shhh: With that many people in the hotel i feel a party coming on :P

See you out and about soon. STU

3 Birthdays. This could be an expensive night :wicked: . STU

looking forward to this, in the words of Mr Chapman it's going to be a Monster C'mon !

hope the weather's good :P

Guest vespastu

looking forward to this, in the words of Mr Chapman it's going to be a Monster C'mon !

hope the weather's good :P

Can't wait mate. Real buzz about this one.Fill house!! Might have to do ticket only for the next one. Takes away the stress :wicked: Starting at 3 so get there early :wicked:

Lookin forward to seeing the Welsh conection down in Eastbourne.

All the best and see you Saturday. STU.

Looking forward to this one, we are leaving early and getting down on the beach, look for the fools with a gheto blaster, flared trunks, and cap sleeved water wings and I might sew some patches to my towel, Oh s***t better not , it might be thought of as holding the scene back!! :lol: but I'm still taking my wigan bucket and spade. Stu tell Sarah I will bring her t-shirt Saturday :lol:

:D:lol::D:shades: all in the Car

Guest vespastu

I'm thinking it's going to be a HOT one Saturday so i've hired a big fan for the front of the dance floor biggrin.gif

What a considerate promoter i am laugh.gif

2 days to go!!

In the words of Mr Chapman. C'mon !

See you there! STU laugh.gif

Edited by vespastu

HELP!

I've got my little girl staying over tonight and she keeps playing me rubbish 'urban' RnB songs from her phone whistling.gif

I NEED SOUL! :shades:

Edited by clanger
Guest vespastu

Oi Stu, Isn't it about time you stopped promoting your sold out do

& started promoting semebody elses do!

Just a thought........ whistling.gif

Oh yeah. Forgot to mention there is a great warm up do i'm dj'ing at in Fleet on the day before my Sold Out do (see link on events page) This will be a great night with top Dj playing quality 70's Crossover and Rare Yes RARE soul.. Get yourselves along and help celebrat Col's Birthday. (TOP GUY)

See you there. STU

Guest vespastu

HELP!

I've got my little girl staying over tonight and she keeps playing me rubbish 'urban' RnB songs from her phone whistling.gif

I NEED SOUL! :shades:

I would say get yourself down to Eastbourne Saturday but i can't as it's sold out (Have i said that before :lol: ) So get yourself over to Fleet on Friday instead. All the best :lol: STU

I would say get yourself down to Eastbourne Saturday but i can't as it's sold out (Have i said that before :shades: ) So get yourself over to Fleet on Friday instead. All the best whistling.gif STU

when you say sold out do you mean

full up?

no more room?

packed to the rafters?

rammed?

gosh it sounds like the place to be :lol:

ok ok ill promote your do

colins birthday bash be there or go out and have a good night :lol:

I would say get yourself down to Eastbourne Saturday but i can't as it's sold out (Have i said that before :lol: ) So get yourself over to Fleet on Friday instead. All the best :lol: STU

I shall be at Eastbourne on Saturday, as will be Colin (who was kindly returned to me last week :lol: )

Looks like I shall have to introduce myself Stu.....

Guest vespastu

I shall be at Eastbourne on Saturday, as will be Colin (who was kindly returned to me last week :lol: )

Looks like I shall have to introduce myself Stu.....

Look forward to meeting you on Saturday :lol: STU

Guest vespastu

belated congrats to the organisers for the sell out - nice to see such good support, and it's an enviable position to be in to know you are getting a guaranteed good crowd!

Hope you have a great night :lol:

Martin

Thanks Martin. Still getting stressed though wacko.gif Why do we do it :lol:

Every time i stress out but it always go's ok :lol: STU

Look forward to meeting you on Saturday :lol: STU

I met you last Saturday in Rochester, and the Saturday before that in Cardiff, and at Bisley and at Stoke and at a few other places too :lol:

I dont look like my picture tho....it would be too hot if I wore that out :lol:

Guest vespastu

I met you last Saturday in Rochester, and the Saturday before that in Cardiff, and at Bisley and at Stoke and at a few other places too laugh.gif

I dont look like my picture tho....it would be too hot if I wore that out :wicked:

OK i'll re phrase. I look forward to meeting you again on Saturday :yes:

You must be Alan!!!

Edited by vespastu

Stu,

Im starting to get the feeling that this is sold out!! :D Will see you at Cols party Friday.

Al

one things for sure...cols b/day aint sold out :D

Guest vespastu

:lol: Hi Stu, we will have the T- Shirt stall, as I now have staff and have managed to restock and get laods of new stuff, if thats still O.K. :lol:

Thats fine Anton. See you there mate :ohmy:

Make that 4 - It's Marolyn's birthday too!

You got plasma screens for football?

J.

They have a tv in the bar John :D

Guest vespastu

Right 1 O'clock lets go see you on the beach :(:(

and ready for a night of silly antics

It's 1:30 and you ain't left. Ypu must be waiting fo a woman :D

I'm thinking it's going to be a HOT one Saturday so i've hired a big fan for the front of the dance floor :thumbsup:

That wasn't a fan mate.....that was a gesture :D

I've shrunk in the heat, I'm only 3' 6" now :yes:

Shame the landlord thought we should only have background music on, but that didn't spoil my night too much. Thoroughly enjoyed myself mate.

Did I tell you I won an Eeyore? :)

Guest soul diva

Well done Stu - another brilliant soul night

Hot it may have been....... but the music was FANTASTIC :yes:

Everyone up dancing and having a great time - except Col ( anyone see him?)

Guest andrew bin

Well done Stu top night, you deserve it mate :yes: the music as usual was to notch

for any one who doesn't know Stu he allways puts a 100% in to his events and makes every one feel very welcome plushe also travels all over the country supporting others so it's really nice to see his do rammed and every one with a smiles on their faces enjoying them selves, :yes: one of the nicest people on the scene

keep up the good work mate :D

..........Andrew

Well done Stu - another brilliant soul night

Hot it may have been....... but the music was FANTASTIC :yes:

Everyone up dancing and having a great time - except Col ( anyone see him?)

Absolutely gutted, holding my head in shame right now.

As Wid so profoundly put it - next time I'll bring my pygamas & stay out a bit longer!

Nice to see everybody in upbeat mood. Well done Stu.

Great night as usual with a very knowledgable and friendly crowd all out to enjoy themselves. Fantastic sets by all the DJs and lots of improvised fans to combat the heat.

Hope the sound level problems get sorted out because this is a great venue with probably the cheapest accomodation plus entry around. Can't wait for the next one.Well done Stu

Thanks to Maxine Woon for putting together another deeply soulful compilation cassette for me. It's going to make my journey to work and back a whole lot more pleasant.

Hope you all can make it down to the Volks in Brighton on the 25th looks like a pretty good DJ lineup.

All the best

Manus

Edited by manus
Guest vespastu

Thanks to everyone for your kind words. Despite a few hiccups I think everyone had a good night with our largest crowd todate, unfortunately, it was a hot night and even though I tried to ease the problem with some fans it was still very hot due to the amount of people.

Unfortunately the landlord decided to be an arse and turn the music down, although I tried to rectify this he ended up locking the control box so it was then out of my hands. It wasnt drastically quiet but it wound me up and spoiled my night after so many people had travelled such a long way to attend and as a promoter you just want everything to be perfect as its my name on the line. He must have made a packet on the day as the hotel was sold out and people were drinking from 3pm to 2am! His loss as I shall now seriously consider looking for a new venue ranting_1.gif . Despite this and the heat it didnt seem to spoil the night for the people who attended.

A big thank you to the DJ's Nige Brown, Roger Banks, Dave Evison and Molly for supplying us with top quality soul all night long and a big thanks to everyone who attended, hope to see you again at the next one. :lol::D:D

STU :D (still smiling)

Guest GrooveJunkies

:Dblush.gif had to be one of the hottest nights this year

your right ,time to change venue i think, ,I'm sure lots of hoteliers would be grateful of the trade let face it, the guy was on a winner that night, 66 rooms at 50quid a room and 140 people spending 25pound each over the bar

140x25=3500 :D

66x50=3300 :D add together 6800 :lol: not bad for a Saturdays nights work :thumbsup:

so bearing this in mind i don't think it would of hurt having the volume up to a reasonable level

:Dblush.gif had to be one of the hottest nights this year

your right ,time to change venue i think, ,I'm sure lots of hoteliers would be grateful of the trade let face it, the guy was on a winner that night, 66 rooms at 50quid a room and 140 people spending 25pound each over the bar

140x25=3500 :D

66x50=3300 :D add together 6800 :lol: not bad for a Saturdays nights work :thumbsup:

so bearing this in mind i don't think it would of hurt having the volume up to a reasonable level

i couldnt agree more

i get the same agro at my event with ..turn it down...no talc....and other rubbish

all this from a club that gets excited over 30 people in playing bingo

thing is john good venues are hard to find but im sure wherever stu finds he will make it a top night

moldie

Guest matt tees

Well done Stu top night, you deserve it mate :thumbsup: the music as usual was to notch

for any one who doesn't know Stu he allways puts a 100% in to his events and makes every one feel very welcome plushe also travels all over the country supporting others so it's really nice to see his do rammed and every one with a smiles on their faces enjoying them selves, rolleyes.gif one of the nicest people on the scene

keep up the good work mate :lol:

..........Andrew

Hi Stu, been away for a few days only just got back, read all the fantastic threads, well done mate on what was obviously a superb night. I agree with andrew, top guy, excellent servant to the soul scene, although he has a small willy!, andrew told me to say that!

Guest Rowly

It unfortunately clashed with my Wedding Anniversay or I would have been along!

Not been since you moved from the Town Hall - Really must try to make it along to another one soon, as it's on me bloody doorstep virtually! whistling.gif

:D:( had to be one of the hottest nights this year

140x25=3500 :(

66x50=3300 :D add together 6800 :D not bad for a Saturdays nights work whistling.gif

The averaged spend over the bar is around £7.60 somthing :(

Thanks to everyone for your kind words. Despite a few hiccups I think everyone had a good night with our largest crowd todate, unfortunately, it was a hot night and even though I tried to ease the problem with some fans it was still very hot due to the amount of people.

Unfortunately the landlord decided to be an arse and turn the music down, although I tried to rectify this he ended up locking the control box so it was then out of my hands. It wasnt drastically quiet but it wound me up and spoiled my night after so many people had travelled such a long way to attend and as a promoter you just want everything to be perfect as its my name on the line. He must have made a packet on the day as the hotel was sold out and people were drinking from 3pm to 2am! His loss as I shall now seriously consider looking for a new venue :unsure: . Despite this and the heat it didnt seem to spoil the night for the people who attended.

A big thank you to the DJ's Nige Brown, Roger Banks, Dave Evison and Molly for supplying us with top quality soul all night long and a big thanks to everyone who attended, hope to see you again at the next one. :lol::lol::lol:

STU :lol: (still smiling)

It was a top night Stu give yourself a pat on the back mate you done great,

Everyone looked like they had a great time ,the only one thing missing that could have made it even better was Nelly.. :D

All the DJ's played some great tune's but I must say Yourself and Molly played a particularly superb set :D

Guest vespastu

Might have just found another venue smile.gif Spoke to the guy and he has 2 rooms we could use and go on till 6am and use the 30 rooms he has in the hotel. Not getting too excited til i've seen the venue. Will keep you posted wink.gif

Ps Seem to have a record missing from my box after the weekend (100% Pure poison) Probably just me being scatty i hope!!! Let me know if you see it. Cheers. STU. :ohmy:

Ps Seem to have a record missing from my box after the weekend (100% Pure poison) Probably just me being scatty i hope!!! Let me know if you see it. Cheers. STU. :yes:

ill check my box

u played it on fri nite

Guest vespastu

sorry stu

i aint got it

steve was on after you

he put his records all over the place

its easy done

moldie

I know mate i may have put it in another box by mistake on Saturday. Only got it last week. Gutted :yes:

Source Advert