News: Mary Love R I P

Guest Brian Fradgley

So sad, our icons are not immortal in earthy terms but will always remain in our hearts.

This lady certainly turned my bitter into sweet

Brian Fradgley

Social source share

Guest topseyturvey

been out of the loop for a few days just catching up will have to dig a few out of the box for her and bobby rip

Social source share

Mary Love Comer was the first live artist to make me cry during a performance and that was when she performed "Come out of the Sandbox" at the first Cleethorpes Weekender.

I went backstage to meet the fine lady, she was so humbling, and I was taken aback when she admitted that she was extremely nervous before her performance, I had to pinch myself, how could this songstress be nervous about performing in front of us, but she was, & it proved what a lovely genuine lady she was.  She kindly gave me her autograph, with a few simple words, that seem fitting to reciprocate now ................................. God Bless You Mary Love 

Rest in Peace Mary

Alison x

Here's a lovely photo of Mary the night we met  

post-16505-0-79376600-1372104062_thumb.j

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Guest northernsoul62

Mary Love i remember searching through records in hanway street london and finding Mary,s records lay this burden down one of the first soul records i bought.....Mary Love  thank you. 

Social source share

Ady got me to interview Mary (with much help & assistance given by Paul Dunn on the day) at that early Cleggy weekender.

The interview took place in a Cleggy fish & chip shop.

'Normal folks' were coming in to eat their dinner as we occupied a booth and questions & answers were exchanged as the video cameras rolled.

I asked her how a lady so diminutive in stature came to possess such a BIG voice, she thought for a few seconds & then just burst straight into a gospel song.

At the end of her rendition, everyone in the restaurant just burst into applause. Mary truly was a special person. 

• Helpful 1
Social source share

• 2 weeks later...
Guest RobbieLove

Thank you to everyone here that spoke such kind words about my Mom! You have touched my heart so deeply, and my Mom would be smiling knowing so many people around the world loved her and her music. She was and is the love of my life and I miss her terribly, but God is taking care of her now, and he's taking care of me & my family too. God bless you all!

Robbie Love

robbielovemusic@gmail.com

Social source share

Guest RobbieLove

Sad to read this Ady, I can see her smile now as she sat opposite me at breakfast on the Monday morning after her appearance at Prestatyn some years ago.

R.I.P. Mary Love (Comer)

Mark R

Hi Mark! 

I just unpacked by luggage from my unfortunate trip to California to take care of my Mom, and I just put the tee-shirt from that event in my drawer!!! I saved it to keep forever! Yes, she has a big. beautiful, delightful smile! Thank you for your kind words!

Robbie Love

"Mary's daughter"

Social source share

Thank you to everyone here that spoke such kind words about my Mom! You have touched my heart so deeply, and my Mom would be smiling knowing so many people around the world loved her and her music. She was and is the love of my life and I miss her terribly, but God is taking care of her now, and he's taking care of me & my family too. God bless you all!

Robbie Love

Robbie you are beautiful just like your mom, & she will live on in you, & in our hearts.

I lost my mum 14 years ago & it's the worst thing I've ever had to endure, (& am still overcome with grief at times) but time is a great healer, & you have god on your side who will carry you through.

Stay strong & cherish the memories of your irreplaceable mom. She really was a special lady.

Sending love & special thoughts to you & your family

Alison x

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!