Lifeline

Guest Trevski

Guest Trevski

Saturday saw another gathering at the Lifeline and what a night it was yet again!

A bit late in arriving (11.30) so we missed your spot Chalky, but heard very favorable things!

Car-park rammed solid upon arrival, so we knew it was gonna be a packer.Plenty of 'Soulsourcerers' in attendance including Jonny-one-trout, Karen C, Shane & Kate, Pikeys dog, and Mike. What can you say about this event exept that if you haven't tried it yet, you REALLY dont know what you are missing!

Dance floor action never let up all night, 'till the usual sweat was dripping from the ceiling-ATMOSPHERE in buckets!

Andy D has put together what has got to be THE premier nighter currently available, I kid thee not! The Country's top names playing everything from classic rarities to new unknowns. Music-wise, this venue cannot be faulted, not a duff choon all night. No point naming 'em 'cos you think of a top class rarity, it was played, alongside those that may not cost £100's, but then class is not about price, and these guys deliver the goods. Despite what others may have you believe, or tell you is so, This IS the 'niter not to miss! O.K. so you don't get 1000 people in, but you don't get "Girl across the street" either, Nuff said! :thumbsup:

Edited by Trevski
  • Replies 30
  • Views 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

A most enjoyable nighter, great buzz to place, top sounds and a laugh
After missed the last two due to allsorts, so was looking forward to this one.

Sounds - lots and I mean lots of quality
Been down this path before - but what are the details of that one of version of emanuel lasky's 70s side Butch played
Got full wack of the best current northen around with all djs dishing out some stunning sounds
Jopseph Webster "knock knock" thing hammered, Instrumental of that Walter Johnson wand thing by butch
 margaret little,hamilton movement,sensations to name a few obvious ones,

Place was full as can be , not as crowded as first one, but there is now a diffence in max numbers, fair few people who knock round these parts around, good to catch up and also put faces to names, am sure had loads of things to do/write/remember/sort but all a bit blank at moment, hopefully come back later. wink.gif
People from all over uk, scotland down to south coast along with all areas in between
Name check of online peopole? - nah, think there be about 40 odd members names to list , maybe more, so just a quick nod

Overall view was a top night , everything was top, sounds, crowd, buzz and venue, Thanks to all involved for great nighter. Northern as it should be imv wink.gif

Fantastic night again!

Nice to meet a few more soul-sourcers - KarenC, Johnny One Trout among others.

Can anyone confirm the details on a couple of Butch plays. I am sure they will be cover-ups. All I know them as are - Surprise & Life-saver. Both female 60s uptempos. Brilliant 45s! So some names etc would be appreciated.

Nice to see lots of friendly faces - too many to mention - which made the night one of the best atmosphere as well as top drawer music.

Shane

Fantastic night again!

Nice to meet a few more soul-sourcers - KarenC, Johnny One Trout among others.

Can anyone confirm the details on a couple of Butch plays. I am sure they will be cover-ups. All I know them as are - Surprise & Life-saver. Both female 60s uptempos. Brilliant 45s! So some names etc would be appreciated.

Nice to see lots of friendly faces - too many to mention - which made the night one of the best atmosphere as well as top drawer music.

Shane

link

Awesome night IMO. The best one yet for me, really enjoyed it. The Surprise track is Gonna Walk Right Out Of Your Life - Rita & Tiaras cover up and Lifesaver is Stormy Wynters on Mercury.

Good to meet up with fellow Soul Sourcerers again, some for the first time wink.gifwink.gif

Edited by chalky
Guest Johnny One Trout

Great to meet all you Northern Monkey's last night. I was a little disapointed that Shane didn't wear his sunday best glasses wink.gif Some great stuff played and i never thought i'd be dancing to Flourescent Smogg at a Northern night.

Top spots for me were from Dutch Bobson and Fartin Barnfarmer quality throughout although i was a little disapointed to have to leave before Mick had played Soul Brothers Inc Teardrops (did he spin it later on?)

Top night all round wink.gif

Von Trout

Mike, if you are on about "Id' Rather Leave On My Feet" by Emanuel Laskey, it might have been the version by Clyde Milton on Disco Tac. The first and original version apparently. Not a one off though, even if it is the rarest version, so maybe just wasting forum space here. wink.gif There is a nice version by Fourth Day on DT as well, less expensive than EL too. And can someone please provide me with a soundfile of Soul Bros Inc, or do I have to buy the CD just to hear it?? I'll swap a sound file of Clyde Milton for a Soul Bros Inc "Teardrops" one...

Mike, if you are on about "Id' Rather Leave On My Feet" by Emanuel Laskey, it might have been the version by Clyde Milton on Disco Tac. The first and original version apparently. Not a one off though, even if it is the rarest version, so maybe just wasting forum space here. wink.gif   There is a nice version by Fourth Day on DT as well, less expensive than EL too. And can someone please provide me with a soundfile of Soul Bros Inc, or do I have to buy the CD just to hear it?? I'll swap a sound file of Clyde Milton for a Soul Bros Inc "Teardrops" one...

link

you never waste forum space christian wink.gif

"Id' Rather Leave On My Feet" - yep - Clyde Milton - Disco Tac - mmm as said had an answer to this before - and Clyde Milton doesn't ring bells, though doesnt mean not it, think one off was wrong - very rare may have benen a better term, so if matchs more than likely

On john's q about teardrops, hassled Mick again for it , this time by sign language "t" , but as had to leave before him and andy d finished, didnt get to hear it (or maybe he thought was asking him wanted a brew)

All could dig up was a 30 sec clip of "teardrops" and its in sounds

as only 30 secs misses some of best parts but gives an idea

goto sounds

A mate of mine bought the Clyde Milton off ebay for under $40 earlier this year. Bargains are still out there if you know what to look for, it seems.

link

$40 is indeed a bargain considering that two copies (both scruffy condition too) went for around £400 on ebay in the last 6 months or so. It is not better than Emanuel Laskey IMO, just different.

A wonderful night, great Music, hard to fault........

Arrived at 10.30, unfortunatly had to leave early ( 3.00 ) due to having to pick our little lad up early this morning. Bumped into Johnny One Trout, fleetingly, nice to put a face to a name....... Also Brett was there, boy can that guy move on the dance floor, impressive stuff mate.

Got to say what a great spot Nige Mayfield did, thank goodness someone is prepared to play something different, well done mate, let's hear more crossover stuff, the dancefloor loved it. wink.gif

Had a fine old night out,personally enjoyed Sams spot, love the Out Of Sights on Saru, great talking with all my fellow sources,good meeting Chalky, and throughly enjoyed the company of John May,John "Trout" and Mark Etheridge.Cheers to Shane and Kate for taking me there and back.

ps what was that Jimmy Hughes track played by Butch? (may be totally wrong on that one,far to much alcohol wink.gif )

Shane didn't we say it was Jimmy Hughes, i honestly cannot remember, probably did get it all wrong wink.gif

link

I am sure he said it was Jimmy Hughes. I will take the blame if its wrong. Dont tease my mate Brett please, he is very sensitive and will not play with us all again. wink.gif

Shane

I am sure he said it was Jimmy Hughes. I will take the blame if its wrong. Dont tease my mate Brett please, he is very sensitive and will not play with us all again.  wink.gif

Shane

link

Shane you forgot to add "Shy" and "Retiring" who has a problem with not talking often enough wink.gif

Guest Johnny One Trout

Shane you forgot to add "Shy" and "Retiring" who has a problem with not talking often enough :P

link

:):)smile.gif Yeah right wink.gif

loved it personally last night probably danced more last night than i have at a Northern Nighter in years. We'd not been up to Sherries in a good while probably since the first Lifeline and it was a little like coming home, seemed at times like we knew everyone in there, you've gotta love that feeling wink.gif even got a freebie drink from Rods smile.gif can't be bad wink.gif Just working on the free records from Andy next laugh.giflaugh.gif

John

Shane you forgot to add "Shy" and "Retiring" who has a problem with not talking often enough wink.gif

link

No probs being laugh.gif:) Brett.... I'm sure you'll let the music do your talking on the 12th wink.gif

First Lifeline I've managed to get to.... after arriving at 8.45ish, I only intended to stay whilst about 3-4ish so I could get a couple of hours kip before Sunday morning footy with the young 'un.... not to be.... plans eh!.... finally managed to pull myself away just gone 6ish.... absolutely "cracking night" wink.gif:)smile.gifsmile.gif

Great to see my fellow South Yorks peeps there.... you know who you are.... plus too many others to mention who I met.... laugh.gif

Will deffo be back.... when's the next one Chalky?.... just to make sure I keep the diary date clear....

Will deffo be back.... when's the next one Chalky?.... just to make sure I keep the diary date clear....

Good to meet you Mark and rest of Soul Sourcerers :)whistling.gif

Next one is New Years Eve and the Lifeline will be joining forces with Soiultown Soul Club for one heeuva party whistling.gif:)

Representing the Lifeline Soul Club will be Andy Dyson, Mick H, Tim Brown, Arthur Fenn & Chalky and for Soultown Soul Club we have Carl Willingham, Rob Thomas, Mark Bicknell, Paul Sadot & Andy McCabe. A feast of quality Soul is guaranteed.

The night will start at 10pm and finish 8 (ish) the next morning. There will be 200 tickets only for this night and they will be priced £15. Feedback about the night has been excellent and fully expect tickets to go quickly.

Tickets available now from.....

Andy Dyson @ Dysonsoul@aol.com or telephone 01302 744927

Mick H @ Trentsoul@aol.com or telephone 07968 030464

Andy McCabe on 07792164683

Chalky @ chalky@soultown.eclipse.co.uk or telephone 07743 863523

Good to meet you Mark and rest of Soul Sourcerers  biggrin.gif   :)

Next one is New Years Eve  and the Lifeline will be joining forces with Soiultown Soul Club for one heeuva party whistling.gif   laugh.gif

Representing the Lifeline Soul Club will be Andy Dyson, Mick H, Tim Brown, Arthur Fenn & Chalky and for Soultown Soul Club we have Carl Willingham, Rob Thomas, Mark Bicknell, Paul Sadot & Andy McCabe. A feast of quality Soul is guaranteed.

The night will start at 10pm and finish 8 (ish) the next morning. There will be 200 tickets only for this night and they will be priced £15. Feedback about the night has been excellent and fully expect tickets to go quickly.

Tickets available now from..... 

Andy Dyson @ Dysonsoul@aol.com or telephone 01302 744927

Mick H @ Trentsoul@aol.com or telephone 07968 030464

Andy McCabe on 07792164683

Chalky @ chalky@soultown.eclipse.co.uk or telephone 07743 863523

link

Like wise Chalky.... I'll have that pint next time :)

That's New Year for me sorted laugh.gif

Just need to clear it with "head office" whistling.gif well that's what she says she is.... wink.gif

Edited by vaultofsouler

Just in case missed photos
There's a few photos from lifeline going ons taken by Karen C up on site

as a footnote
everytime I make that ****** trip across the pennines to yorkshire usually something goes wrong
This time felt quite pleased with myself that managed to get there and back ok
This turned out to be a false feeling, as my Monday morning recovery was interupted by Sue enquiring politely why the car has no exhaust
errrr........

• 2 weeks later...

Chalks it's also Sheridan's 3rd birthday on 16th February, twas

at 10.00am on the 16th February 2002 that we opened

the doors of the club as new owners. doesnt seem like three

years...more like 23 years! Joke! :P

Guest Johnny One Trout

Chalks it's also Sheridan's 3rd birthday on 16th February, twas

at 10.00am on the 16th February 2002 that we opened

the doors of the club as new owners. doesnt seem like three

years...more like 23 years! Joke! :shades:

link

Cor blimey Chrissy it is and all doesn't seem like that at all...............

John