Tuesday Northern & Modern Soul 45S For Sale

Hi Good Soulies, hoping you're very well indeed with Sunny Boy showing his face again. Here's a mixed list of Northern & Modern Soul on 7" for your consideration. If there's anything here that you'd like to buy then please Reply via Soul Source or phone 0161 834 7783 to order or reserve an item.

Tickets available for Martha Reeves & The Vandellas concert at The Ritz, Manchester August 10th...........£26.50p each (Includes £1.50p booking fee).

1. In The Sunshine - THE MARVELLOS (Modern demo).........Mint-.................a cross between Northern and Wimbledon.........."no strawberries and cream on the dancefloor.....please!"............£65

2. Where Are You - JOHNNY DIXON (Boss)............magnificent Northern mid-tempo dancer with a mighty dramatic backing such as you've heard on many a great Beat Ballad, big boost to anyone's playlist........................£90

3. Stay For The Summer - THE DUPONTS (Atlantic demo)...............VG++................Sweet Soul/Modern with great harmonies from Intruders-type group on this 1969 release...................£15

4. You Bring Out The Best In Me - THE DELLS (ABC)...............Mint-..............beautiful two-stepping Modern Soul from this much-loved group, 1978 quality release that would sound great played out.........£10

5. Don't Make Me No Promises - THE DRAMATICS (Cadet).......Mint-............when, oh WHEN, is this superb mid-paced Modern Soul dancer going to be taken seriously; it's brilliant intro gives it the ability to be loved right away. If you can remember the first time you heard "Seven Day Lover" by James Fountain, thinking "wow, what's this?", then upon hearing this cracker those same goose-pimples will pop up again!........£10 (TUESDAY'S TOP PICK)

6. You're Gonna Get Next To Me - BO KIRKLAND & RUTH DAVIS (EMI)..........big Ritz All-Dayer fave, summer of '76.................£10

7. Operator Operator - JOHNNY BAKER (Cisco).....................VG++.........................£20

8. Ten Percent - DOUBLE EXPOSURE (Salsoul).........Mint-.......one of the first MASSIVE Mecca/Ritz Monsters, good-timey Philly Soul dancer right in step with with "Party Time Man" should you wish to play them side-by-side...................£15

9. When Love Slips Away / I.O.U. (A Lifetime Of Love) - THE FASHIONS (20th Century demo).......first-rate double-sider, both sides going to sound great played out in public, nowt to be scared of DJ-wise, no need for shin pads..........................£20

10. Watch Out Girl - THE HOLIDAYS (Golden World).........Mint-...............sold Detroit Northern dancer, sounds great!..........................£25

11. Struttin'  - DR STRUT (Motown)..............Mint-............ do you remember this 1980 release? It was used as the opening theme tune to Alexis Corner's Saturday evening Soul/R&B Show on Radio 1.................£7

12. Playgirl - PAT HODGES (Keymen)...........VG++..........................£35

13. Ride On - THE LAMP SISTERS (Duke)..........................VG++..........................£20

14. Boogie Woogie Jones - CURTIS WOMACK (Playboy).................Mint-...............great, upbeat, Bobby Womack-style Crossover dancer with it's call-to-arms intro: "I'm ready for the weekend.....cuz it's Friday night!".............................£15

15. One Wonderful Moment - THE SHAKERS (ABC).................VG++........................£10

16. I Gotta Keep My Bluff In - FREDDIE HUGHES (Wand)...................Mint-.................Summer Northern Crossover dancer, class in abundance here.................................£20

17. You Can't Bypass Love - WILLIE KENDRICK (RCA demo)...............VG++....................All-Nighter Classic................................£75

18. This Is The Thanks I Get - BARBARA LYNN (Atlantic)...........Mint-.............this has ALWAYS been one for the Northern Soul Connoisseurs.........................£35

19. We Go Together - EVE BARNUM (Checker)................Mint-......................£20

20. That's How Heartaches Are Made - BOBBY HUTTON (Blue Rock)..........VG++............another of those classy Blue Rock Crossover dancers from 1968/69...........................£20

21. Happy Days - THE MAGICTONES (Westbound)........Mint-...............can't fail to please if played out...................£40

22. Just Ain't No Love - BARBARA ACKLIN (Brunswick)..........VG++........................Brunswick Northern of the very best kind..........................£20

23. You Don't Wanna Love Me - BOBBY DIXON (ABC-Probe)..........Mint-....................£35

24. These Things Will Keep Me Loving You - LINDA CARR (Capitol).............Mint-.................brilliant, done here Spanky Wilson style..............................£25

25. I Wish You The World Of Happiness - SHIRLEY TURNER (Beatin Rhythm white demo).......Mint-.........£20

Thank you very much for looking through the list,

Cheers, Carl (Beatin Rhythm)

Edited by Beatin
Social source share

soul auctionsTap here for 24hr ebay Lists  Sign in to Switch Ebay Lists OFF 
  • Replies 1
  • Views 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Get involved with Soul Source