CECIL WASHINGTON — I DONT WANT TO LOSE

MASQURADERS — DO YOU LOVE ME

IVORIES — PLEASE STAY

GENE TOONES — WHAT MORE DO YOU WANT

MANNY COCHADO — POW WOW

Edited by t.o.t.s.s.c
Social source share

JOHNNY THUNDER — GROOVY TWO SHOES

Had this in my box for years but never played it out. Always wondered what the halls re-action would be to it (but i like it).

Social source share

Guest gordon russell

SAMMY DAVIS — I LIKE THE WAY YOU DANCE

ZODIACS — DON'T CHANGE ON ME

CHECKMATES — HEY MRS JONES

CHUCK CORNISH — A TRIBUTE TO MOHAMMED ALI

IKE AND TINA TURNER — STRANGE

HAYES COTTON — BLACK WING'S HAVE MY ANGEL

JIMMY MOORE — CHURCH STREET SALLY

TV TRIBESMAN — FAT MAN

EL CORROLS — CHICK CHICK

MANNY CORCHADO — CHICKEN AND BOOZE

JOHANTHAN CAPREE — GONNA BUILT ME A MOUNTAIN

TEE FLETCHER — HAPPY LOVING YOU

BO.JR — COFFEE POT

MONGUITO SANTAMARIA — HEY SISTER

HECTOR RIVERA — I WANT A CHANCE FOR ROMANCE

DELTONES — GIMME SOME LOVIN

JADES — SNATCH AND GRAB IT

AIREDALES — ILL NEVER TURN MY BACK ON YOU

AIREDALES — CRAZY

MAIN ROOM 4-5

ZODIACS — DON'T CHANGE ON ME

MANNY COCHADO — CHICKEN AND BOOZE

CARL HOLMES — CROSSIN' OVER

ANGELA DAVIS — MY LOVE IS SO STRONG

BAMBOOS — TIGHTEN UP

SLY AND FAMILY STONE — M'LADY

HARVEY AVERNE — NEVER LEARNED TO DANCE

FRANKIE CROCKER — TON OF DYNAMITE

JOHATHAN CAPREE — GONNA BUILT ME A MOUNTAIN

LARRY HALE C/U

OTIS LEE — HARD ROW TO ROE

DEWY BLACK — LOVE WHERE I FIND IT

FREDDIE WILLIAMS — I'VE GOT TO LIVE

DAMON FOX — PACKING UP

WINFIELD PARKER — I LOVE YOU JUST THE SAME

RUBY WINTERS — I DONT WANT TO HURT NOBODY

DEL LARKS — JOB OPENING

CECIL WASHINGTON — I DONT WANT TO LOSE

MASQURADERS — DO YOU LOVE ME

IVORIES — PLEASE STAY

GENE TOONES — WHAT MORE DO YOU WANT

MANNY COCHADO — POW WOW

Funny world.....both dewy black and tina turner "strange"  were big BURNLEY tunes 3/4 years ago....ya know when everyone was saying it,s just an oldies do...ha ha ....these rcords don,t fit anywhere else/they mean nowt in an ordinary set...they don,t have the same passion played at other places.....cos who the f**k would have lept up upon hearing either of em....as they used to at the batcave.........they mean nothing in this set

Social source share

Funny world.....both dewy black and tina turner "strange"  were big BURNLEY tunes 3/4 years ago....ya know when everyone was saying it,s just an oldies do...ha ha ....these rcords don,t fit anywhere else/they mean nowt in an ordinary set...they don,t have the same passion played at other places.....cos who the f**k would have lept up upon hearing either of em....as they used to at the batcave.........they mean nothing in this set

You weren't there to know what they meant in Sean's set. Without seeing dancers reaction or having any feel for the atmosphere on the night, your opinion means nothing. Two records that you heard played at Burnley out of two hours of DJing and you use it to ram Burnley down our throats yet again.....

'If you wanna know.....GO!!!!!'

Social source share

Guest gordon russell

You weren't there to know what they meant in Sean's set. Without seeing dancers reaction or having any feel for the atmosphere on the night, your opinion means nothing. Two records that you heard played at Burnley out of two hours of DJing and you use it to ram Burnley down our throats yet again.....

'If you wanna know.....GO!!!!!'

i,ve heard him play em a few times and .....zilch reaction!!.....and in future you need,nt bother replying to my comments......because it seems you,ve sold yaself down the line.....MOVE ON!!!....

Edited by gordon russell
Social source share

Guest gordon russell

Mick Smith was playing Dewey Black at the 100 club years ago

Thats why mate...you,ll never get it.....mick also discovered  franky and johnny    says it all.....it,s not about who plays it first...it,s about who makes it rock....you,ve got "strange" but hardly play it...because in reality it don,t work for you.

Edited by gordon russell
Social source share

i,ve heard him play em a few times and .....zilch reaction!!.....and in future you need,nt bother replying to my comments..because it seems you,ve sold yaself down the line.....MOVE ON!!!

Cheers Terry, nice to know I needn't bother replying to your comments. God forbid anyone actually disagrees with your never ending fountain of incorrect, biased and self opinionated shite posts.

I'll reply to them as and when I want to Terry  :yes:   :D

Almost missed your little edit you added on at the end there Terry.....makes me laugh that you think I've sold myself down the line :lol: .  

Edited by Guest
Social source share

Guest gordon russell

Cheers Terry, nice to know I needn't bother replying to your comments. God forbid anyone actually disagrees with your never ending fountain of incorrect, biased and self opinionated shite posts.

I'll reply to them as and when I want to Terry  :yes:   :D

Almost missed your little edit you added on at the end there Terry.....makes me laugh that you think I've sold myself down the line :lol: .  

see ya at lifeline :thumbsup:

Social source share

Guest gordon russell

No its because ive got loads of better records :P  :lol:

well why did you buy it without even hearing it :yes:  :P

Social source share

Guest gordon russell

Oh come on Guys give Terrance a break his a big cutie really if a little misunderstood at times (most times). :lol:

Dave

hello dave.....no one need give me any kinda break....i,m a big boy and can look after myself :wicked:  :D

Social source share

see ya at lifeline :thumbsup:

Yep. Though I'll try my best to keep you happy by not replying to any comments you make whilst there :D  

Social source share

Guest paul ledden

:lol:

as usual your wrong again Terrance

Oh Dear......Ted uses 'your' instead of 'you're' and you don't say anything Sian.......is this a clique or something????? :ohmy:  :ohmy:  :ohmy: (not to mention his crap ties!!!!) :D  :D  :D

As Jimmy the Gent said in Goodfellas...'What's right is right'!!! :yes:

Edited by Paul1958
  • Helpful 1
Social source share

Guest t.o.t.s.s.c

Sean did not post this. he emailed it to me after i enquired about what he was playing at the moment. i thought it was different and worth a read so posted it on here to share.

Pete Tebbutt.

Social source share

well there you have it then,...case thrown out of court and well done to the like minded jurors for declaring a miscarriage...there's always some bloody highwayman trying to carry out an ambush, unfortunately well timed retribution is swift...WHY KNOCK ANYONE'S PLAYLIST?...people like to read these because by and large, it can determine weather they get in their car and give the venue and/or dj a try as well as comparing to what they're hearing elsewhere...I WISH...just like sales,...SOUNDCLIPS COULD BE POSTED THERE AS WELL,....BECAUSE youtube actually DOSN'T have everything...surely it wouldn't take too long to post up 20 ( an hours average ) tunes with clips...there's just so much, even after 40 odd years that even i've never come across.

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Pete

It's about time you and Sean got together again and put on a do mate, no politics, no fuss just a bloody great soul night out. Respect to you and Sean, all this back stabbing and one up man-ship is what totally ruins the scene not the playlists but egos.

Without the sodding records no one can DJ and all the respect should go to the artistes, a DJ gets my vote when they play tracks I like or I can appreciate.

Sounding my age now getting old and less tolerant but still love the music

Dave Halsall

• Helpful 2
Social source share

Guest t.o.t.s.s.c

Pete

It's about time you and Sean got together again and put on a do mate, no politics, no fuss just a bloody great soul night out. Respect to you and Sean, all this back stabbing and one up man-ship is what totally ruins the scene not the playlists but egos.

Without the sodding records no one can DJ and all the respect should go to the artistes, a DJ gets my vote when they play tracks I like or I can appreciate.

Sounding my age now getting old and less tolerant but still love the music

Dave Halsall

we no longer have any local venues to use but never say never

Social source share

we no longer have any local venues to use but never say never

sean, i know you'll rise above this hot air, top dj and you know me so when i say it, i mean it :thumbsup: if you don't put up another playlist then it'll be a travesty because everyone pays attention to this thread...it's where people get the ideas from to buy records to compliment their own playboxes...who cares who played them first and where...too right

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Had this in my box for years but never played it out. Always wondered what the halls re-action would be to it (but i like it).

I've been playing this at Pumping Hearts goes down well so get it out of ya box and on them decks needs airing again.

Gaz

Social source share

Just a reminder for some people who may find this a handy self moderating option ... did you know there is a very handy switch on here to exclude someone's mutterings if you find them too darn awful to suffer and it also helps to as the volumes would say.....maintain your cool   :rofl:

Back on topic...Thank you Pete for putting Sean's playlist up I can see from the list of records he played from his heart ( his personal choice) which is always commendable in my book, he must have had so much pleasure playing them which is lovely to see.

And to all the others that have defended the right to respect someones choice and not rip them apart for making it .. :hatsoff2: there is hope !

Edited by Anais nin Carms
Social source share

HAYES COTTON — BLACK WING'S HAVE MY ANGEL.........Big Scotty.....spun at Blackburn and most major venues by him thru the 90's.......made me night every time! .............WOOOOHOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!TUNE!!!x

NEVER heard of most of your set Sean....Goody 2 shoes would get me off me chair....different init!...!x Tina's tune is tame for her but I see the appeal! The Hevtor Rivera tune is groovy too but as a 'dancer' I still prefer this Hector tune which i spun at the 100 Club xmas party...!x

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FXy0fW0jnAw

You have come a loooong way since your 90's re-commitment and proud of u mate....X

LUV
SOOTY
X

Thanx for posting Seans or anyones play list...I appreciate the education and information....especially from those doers out there......!X

Social source share

Guest gordon russell

why is sean's set being knocked and why is my best uncle getting knocked as well??...what's with all this bloody oneupmanship?.....not everybody can be in burnley all at the same time and it aint a holy shrine for tunes...see totw or 100 club or the cats, torch, wigan, mecca or any of the legendary venue's...even your own rose room, frequented by messrs searling and taylor. ted's ties are as colourful as his tunes which, are second to none and if he bought strange without hearing it first, then he has fantastic intuition,...lets face facts, how many duff tunes have I&TT EVER made...they may not all be northern orientated but its still quality soul. sean is just one of the most bangin' djs on the scene...his passion & commitment is right on true blue giving it everything he's got...i can't believe after the recent hiatus on this thread that a guy like this, posts up his playlist WHICH, is something he dosn't usually do and gets dissed!!...ffs terry, stop taking the bloody moral highground, life's too short to keep winding up the key...LIGHTEN UP!! :excl:

His set was not being knocked.....the point l made was that records in his set were being played up to 3/4 years ago and at the time the venue where they were being played was rubbished in the main for being an oldies venue (which was not true).....fast forward 3/4 years and people are bigging up seans set  which included a few more tunes from said venue....as being great....well if they wern,t great back then...how come they are now!!........l will make one observation without being rude (in a personal way) you say seans a bangin dj with passion and commintment.....well how come i,ve NEVER seen him at a venue as a soul fan/punter  and how come the only records he dances to are his own set...never anyone elses...as i,ve said have nowt against the fella ,but action speak louder than words and l observe what l see not always what people tell us.

Edited by gordon russell
Social source share

Oh Dear......Ted uses 'your' instead of 'you're' and you don't say anything Sian.......is this a clique or something????? :ohmy:  :ohmy:  :ohmy: (not to mention his crap ties!!!!) :D  :D  :D

As Jimmy the Gent said in Goodfellas...'What's right is right'!!! :yes:

Thanks, I can't believe I missed his little faux pas... :wink:

Although I could have pretended my laugh was at his incorrect use of grammar... :)

Social source share

yes interesting in the history of tunes to know where and when but as I said personally for that only..not as 'we played it first' and to go on and on stating various venues and djs..who really knows?..whos been everywhere?..

...I 'bigged' seans set up for playing something different at a venue and room he could and not having to do the big oldie thing like he has to so much, despite him playing tunes ive heard others play first SO WHAT!...he even sold me the ruby winters himself for a fiver years ago before he obviously got it....but ive never knocked burnley for being oldies only , ive never been..(going for seans Hs 50th though :) )...wouldn't slag a venue/night/playlist off if hadn't been there first....I like to see playlists not to go hunting for  those tunes but just to see whats being played where in the country at venues I couldn't get to and those im thinkin of getting too if poss...agree maybe some djs are too lazy but after this im sure there will be those who will think twice!

by the way not his PA but sean has been to gogo as a punter...and he normally doesn't dance to others sets because hes  playing later and scribbling all the tunes played in his little black book!..but have recently seen pics on fb of him dancing at black bee club

anyway that's my last word on the subject (I think)...how about we all play nicer in future :thumbsup:

dean

Edited by spacehopper
  • Helpful 1
Social source share

His set was not being knocked.....the point l made was that records in his set were being played up to 3/4 years ago and at the time the venue where they were being played was rubbished in the main for being an oldies venue (which was not true).....fast forward 3/4 years and people are bigging up seans set  which included a few more tunes from said venue....as being great....well if they wern,t great back then...how come they are now!!........l will make one observation without being rude (in a personal way) you say seans a bangin dj with passion and commintment.....well how come i,ve NEVER seen him at a venue as a soul fan/punter  and how come the only records he dances to are his own set...never anyone elses...as i,ve said have nowt against the fella ,but action speak louder than words and l observe what l see not always what people tell us.

Don't you ever get bored of posting complete rubbish Terry??? Sean doesn't need defending against those (polite and non personal) digs,which are so inaccurate to the point of being ridiculous.

If Sean had played those two sets at Burnley, they would have gone down a storm and you'd be banging on about how he raised his game and got into the proper 'Burnley sound' and how only Burnley gets it right along with your usual cr*p. 

Social source share

"l will make one observation without being rude (in a personal way) you say seans a bangin dj with passion and commintment.....well how come i,ve NEVER seen him at a venue as a soul fan/punter  and how come the only records he dances to are his own set...never anyone elses...as i,ve said have nowt against the fella ,but action speak louder than words and l observe what l see not always what people tell us."

I had half an hour Gordon...so devoted it to you to assist with your future assessments...X Before i show it....i;'ll tell it as it is...I got a dis-claimer. Sean's from Grimsby.....I lived there as a kid for years too and many of my relatives live there. He looks like he could be me Cousin Mark...spit and image of him...so I naturally have warmed to him since we first met. Sean came to my gigs when he re-visited the scene in the 90's after serving his Country globally within our armed forces....and has done throughout the 90's and 2000nds. Being the decent chap he is... he was one of the many who actually came up to me and thanked me for re-kindling his faith through the functions and approach I had towards promoting/entertaining and music policy. We are of similar ilk I found. He was excited then...danced to all...that's what I saw. For 9 years I see him get involved.....collect.....become 'active' and indeed i gave him spots at my does to reward his re-commitment to the scene. I left him with it in 2000. That was my experience of it and him for those 9 years I was 'active'. 

2 Years later....i'm in some town somewhere up t'norf......and found a gig was on. I popped in for half an hour. By co-incidence....Sean was DJing. He was rocking the joint. I went and gave him a hug....and left. It made me proud to know i had a part in that 'progression'....I had never heard one of the tunes he played whilst i was there....!!!x A Year later....I turned up to Kings Hall and nobody knew what i was doing...I just did it. Here is a section out of the film I came up with......and as Sean doesn't contribute to 'chat' in these threads.....i'll let him do his own talking....albeit 10 years ago....but still valid...I reckon...!x

https://youtu.be/asz2cdRcXuY

LUV
SOOTY
X

...in essence Gordon....your comment above is perhaps a worse character assessment and'efforts' of Sean than you made of mine in another thread which I ain;t asking u to qualify...in my opinion mate!x  So.....not being rude in a personal way...it's an opinion based on just wot i know...!x

@@
~

I'll leave you wiv a message from one of 'our' own....and trust you are all carrying that torch still around his way....and look forward to finding out for meself at some point in the future........X

https://youtu.be/6XceSH-5430

Edited by SOOTY
  • Helpful 1
Social source share

well there you have it then,...case thrown out of court and well done to the like minded jurors for declaring a miscarriage...there's always some bloody highwayman trying to carry out an ambush, unfortunately well timed retribution is swift...WHY KNOCK ANYONE'S PLAYLIST?...people like to read these because by and large, it can determine weather they get in their car and give the venue and/or dj a try as well as comparing to what they're hearing elsewhere...I WISH...just like sales,...SOUNDCLIPS COULD BE POSTED THERE AS WELL,....BECAUSE youtube actually DOSN'T have everything...surely it wouldn't take too long to post up 20 ( an hours average ) tunes with clips...there's just so much, even after 40 odd years that even i've never come across.

Sense ...at last!

You... or should I say I look at the playlists and decide whether or not to go to a an event...seems sensible enough?

I went to Rugby without seeing a playlist , it wasn`t for me.... but may well be to others liking so knocking it makes no sense if you like whats been played go if not give it a miss...simples.

Social source share

Guest gordon russell

It can take years for a record to eventually make it "big" nationwide or shall I say gain exposure to a wider audience. One of the records you mentioned which you claimed to be a Burnley sound and not an oldie was played many years before by at least two other Dj's and in that respect is a bit of an oldie and was widely known by those who attended the 100 Club, Lifeline and other venues the two said Dj's appeared.

Was it Cliff who played it at Burnley? He no doubt, knowing Cliff, had it tucked away for years before giving it turntable action. This and the fact it is an obscure and tough to find record make it hard to gain wider exposure on the scene. Butch's Parliaments another example. It wasn't until the likes of Sam and Mick got copies and played it up an down the country that it broke nationwide,I could give other examples but it would be pointless.

As for who cares who played what first, many do, I for one like to see respect and credit where it is due. As for playlists most no longer post them not just because they get picked apart but because all the lazy sods then go and hoover up the records listed that said Dj has worked hard to find, put the hours in, if they wanna know what a DJ plays go out and listen to them.

Chalkey....l never said anytune was a burnley tune, what l said was that when these tunes were being played at this venue a few years back......they were rubbished by all and sundry and the venue was tagged as an oldies venue. Years later they're played in seans set and his set is hailed as great (thats as maybe)....how is that?.....the fact that one or two my have given one particular record the odd airing...is not the same as a dj realising instantly that a record is a great storming dancer.

As far as who played what first.....thats a joke,it,s totally irrelevant...because why didn,t they get behind said tune?...this has happened many a time and the respect would be there had they stuck with the record especially a bloody good dancer.

My original post was meant to be a bit ironic really.....that in one year they're dissmissed and then all of a sudden flavour of the month.....as you say  Cliff got behind db after potsy played it ....and  big Danny got behind  tt ......sean gets the credit, ah well thats life.  atb mate tezza

Edited by gordon russell
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!