Mid-Week Mix Of Modern & Northern 45S For Sale

Hi, Soul Diggers, hope your week's going well. Here's a list of Northern and Modern Sevens to check out; if there's anything here that you'd like to buy then please Reply via Soul Source or phone 0161 834 7783 to order or reserve an item (10.00 am - 5. 15 pm).

1. Happy Days - THE MAGICTONES (Westbound)...........Mint-..................fast-moving, feel-good 1973 release in the same vein as "Since You Said You'd Be Mine" by Lou Ragland, so quality IS ASSURED......£40

2. I Love You Yes I Do - THE INDEPENDENTS (Wand)........VG++...............speaking of quality, this gem's a long way from being over-played but always comes out sounding great...............£15

3. Just Believe In Me - GERALDINE HUNT (Roulette).......Mint-................time for a re-think on this one, released 1972, soulful, brassy and very uptempo, not a typical '72 sound yet all the way Northern..........£15

4. Gotta Have Your Love - THE SAPPHIRES (ABC-Paramount).................VG++.............£35

5. You Can't Run Away - LENNY WELCH (Mercury).............VG++...................mostly you'd hear only slow but nice Beat Ballads from Lenny but this really takes you by surprise as it's a quality 1971 release akin to the style of Jerry Butler from that time, string-laden, fast-paced with the essential Northern beat........£25

6. Play The Thing - MARLOW MORRIS QUINTET (Columbia)..........VG++.............Rare R&B/Mod instrumental with a good-fun flavour right from the beginning, absolutely ideal for events where Mods gather being a Hammond organ-led groover in the "House Of Bamboo" mode, two minutes of act-daft happiness!......................£15

7. Love Lights / One Of Those Yesterdays - CHUCK JACKSON (All Platinum)...........Mint-...........Mecca crowd-pleaser from 1975...................£10

8. Time's Running Out - BRASS FEVER (ABC-Impulse)...................VG++..................£15

9. Barefootin' In Chinatown - LESTER YOUNG (Barry)....................VG++.................big Torch play..........1971/72...................£15

10. Ain't It Funny What Love Can Do - KENNY YOUNG (Share).........................Mint-..............£15

11. Got My Mojo Working Pts. 1 & 2 - JIMMY SMITH (UK Verve)........VG++................Mod-era Twisted Wheel biggie, cool R&B/Jazz instrumental..................................£15

12. You Got to Pay The Price - GLORIA TAYLOR (Silver Fox)......................VG++.....................£10

13. Pigtails - TIMOTHY WILSON (Buddah).....................VG++.........................£20

14. Just Like A Yo-Yo - RUBY WINTERS (Diamond)......................VG++..............................£12

15. Use Me - THE SATISFACTIONS (Smash demo)..............VG++.....................£35

16. Messin' With My Mind - CLARENCE CARTER (Ichiban).....................VG++....................£40

17. I'm The One - JERRY BUTLER (V-J)....................Mint-...............cool-as-you-like Impressions-style mid-tempo Northern dancer, beautiful play-out...........................£20

18. I Wanna Come Back Home To You Baby - TOMMY BRYANT (T-Neck)...............VG++......thoroughly recommended if you're itching to throw on a "new discovery". Chuck Jackson-type vocals over a rampant Northern beat that was either a 1970 or '71 recording and is not lacking in soul feel either...........£35

19. Show It - BETTY HARRIS (Sansu)............VG++.................New Orleans recording, so genuine good-time feel guaranteed over a thumping Northern beat....................£30.

20. I Gotta Keep My Bluff In - FREDDIE HUGHES (Wand).......Mint-...............no bluffing when we say this is INCREDIBLE, a genuine soul feel, probably best suited to the Modern Room but it's ear-syringe time if you can't find anything to like in this gem.................................£20

21. Can't Stop Loving You - OTIS LEAVILL (Brunswick)............Mint-..............sweet soul rarity..............£200

22.Come Back In A Hurry - ROSE BATTISTE (Revilot)............Mint-.....................£70

23. Stay Mine For Heaven's Sake - EDDIE HOLMAN (Parkway).......VG++........be nice to hear this great oldie played out again, well worthy of it........................£20

24. Safe And Sound - FONTELLA BASS (Checker)......................Mint-....................£10

25. Such A Pretty Thing - GENE CHANDLER (Checker).............Mint-..................£25

Many thanks indeed for looking through the list, get them deck chairs out!

Cheers, Carl (Beatin Rhythm).

Social source share

soul auctionsTap here for 24hr ebay Lists  Sign in to Switch Ebay Lists OFF 
  • Replies 0
  • Views 600
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source