Articles: Mary Love Remembered by Ady Croasdell

• Replies 22
  • Views 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Guest SoulMusic Songs

Shame on me... I had never heard of Mary Love before.

I googled all her songs you have mentioned! Truly a great artist. Thanks.

Social source share

I remember meeting Randy Cozens for the first time at that Baker Street pub in 1979 .It always stuck in my memory that he loved Mary Love's music so much that he'd brought his uk 45 copy along!.

Enthusiasm is infectious and I made it my business to investigate all of Mary's recordings after that day.

I am glad I did.  

RIP Mary 

Social source share

• 2 weeks later...
Guest RobbieLove

Oh Ady!!!

This was a very heartfelt article and tribute to my Mom!!! Your beautiful words made me breakdown and cry because I remember so well her relationship with you and how she so loved to come to the UK and perform @ the weekenders!

I want to thank you from the bottom of my heart Ady for your kindness, and just for everything. I and my family are doing okay, it's just very hard to believe she's gone! To us, she was the greatest person on earth and we will miss her dearly. She was & is the most tender, caring, loving person I have ever met, and she is the love of my life, and I am so very, very proud to say, I am Mary Love's Daughter!

Thank you to everyone here who had such kind words to say about my Mom, she's smiling with that big beautiful shining smile God blessed her with!

God bless your precious heart Ady!!!

Robbie Love

robbielovemusic@gmail.com

Social source share

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...
  • 7 years later...

I remember meeting Mary and than husband Brad at the Jazz cafe in Camdem never meet a most hospitable warm person could ever meet and a pleasure to be around. My teenage years in listening to Lay this burden down and Better into sweet came flooding back wow what a lady .She might be gone .But! will never be forgotten R.I.P

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!