Soul Shack News - Solar Radio, Future Guests And More

Just a brief update on everything Soulful in the Soul Shack on Solar Radio - www.solarradio.com CHANNEL 0129 SKY DIGITAL - Every Sunday night from 8pm - 10pm UK and between 9pm - 11pm Central Europe and www.solarradio.com - Some superb guests to follow in the next few weeks with Mick Howard coming in on Sunday 19th June which should be a musical feast, also The Orwell Boys, Barry Maleady and Mr Steve Plumb will be joining me real soon which i'm so looking forward too, Chris Anderton is also coming up in the very near future, also listen out for The Rare Soul Man's selections via Mr Manship which is a new feature of the show from time to time.

For requests, mentions, dedications please send those all important emails to bicknellmark@aol.com

Solar is a perfect place to advertise your events etc. so please get in touch directly at the station or email me bicknellmark@aol.com

Current popular spins on the show include - The Scott Brothers - We Like Girls - Zachron, The Heartbreakers - I've Got To Face It - Derby City, Willie Wade - When Push Comes To Shove - Nite Life DJ, The Quotations - I Don't Have To Worry - Di - Venus and many others, CD and re issue reviews and previews, artist features and loads more........thanks for your support.......... www.solarradio.com

Regards - Mark Bicknell.

Social source share

• Replies 29
  • Views 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Just a brief update on everything Soulful in the Soul Shack on Solar Radio - www.solarradio.com CHANNEL 0129 SKY DIGITAL - Every Sunday night from 8pm - 10pm UK and between 9pm - 11pm Central Europe and www.solarradio.com - Some superb guests to follow in the next few weeks with Mick Howard coming in on Sunday 19th June which should be a musical feast, also The Orwell Boys, Barry Maleady and Mr Steve Plumb will be joining me real soon which i'm so looking forward too, Chris Anderton is also coming up in the very near future, also listen out for The Rare Soul Man's selections via Mr Manship which is a new feature of the show from time to time.

For requests, mentions, dedications please send those all important emails to bicknellmark@aol.com

Solar is a perfect place to advertise your events etc. so please get in touch directly at the station or email me bicknellmark@aol.com

Current popular spins on the show include - The Scott Brothers - We Like Girls - Zachron, The Heartbreakers - I've Got To Face It - Derby City, Willie Wade - When Push Comes To Shove - Nite Life DJ, The Quotations - I Don't Have To Worry - Di - Venus and many others, CD and re issue reviews and previews, artist features and loads more........thanks for your support.......... www.solarradio.com

Regards - Mark Bicknell.

mark

i listed on sunday and loved the other side of troy dodds

nice tune.

keep it coming.

Social source share

Regards - Mark Bicknell.

Hi Mark,looking forward to what will be my third guest appearance in the soul shack,as on my previous slots bringing a right old mix up of styles and tempos,early sixties,storming northern soul and some choice crossover cuts,see you there, can't wait :)

Mick

Social source share

Hi Mark,looking forward to what will be my third guest appearance in the soul shack,as on my previous slots bringing a right old mix up of styles and tempos,early sixties,storming northern soul and some choice crossover cuts,see you there, can't wait :)

Mick

Bring it on Mick.......it will be a blast i'm sure.

Regards - Mark Bicknell.

Social source share

Guest vinylvixen

Solar is basd in Beckenham, Kent but the Shack is in Manchester.

Regards - Mark Bicknell.

....at the bottom of Mark's garden and Jacqui has to stand on the roof with a metal coat hanger so Mark can broadcast his show..... :( Big respect to Jacqui for braving the elements every Sunday night for the last 6 years....Mrs Bicknell, you're a trooper :unsure: Mark, the shack could do with another coat of Cuprinol and some draught excluder round the door for those chilly winter nights.... :( but apart from that - top banana, buddy :( See you soon...Jo

Social source share

====

wheres the soul shack based mark?

is it manchester?

Solar is basd in Beckenham, Kent but the Shack is in Manchester.

I dont think its moved from Croydon has it Mark?

look forward to Baz and Steve's guest appearance!!!!

Regards - Mark Bicknell.

Social source share

Guest PayneyJnr

Hi Mark,

I stumbled across the show whilst looking for some 'background' music to a dinner party (I can vote labour and use that term now apparentley) and although I didn't catch every track it was a great show. And sorry for those insulted by the idea of using NS has background music - but it was either that Chris Moyles singing Wilson Pickett........

I'm now off to listen again on line, is that possible?

Social source share

Hi Mark,

I stumbled across the show whilst looking for some 'background' music to a dinner party (I can vote labour and use that term now apparentley) and although I didn't catch every track it was a great show. And sorry for those insulted by the idea of using NS has background music - but it was either that Chris Moyles singing Wilson Pickett........

I'm now off to listen again on line, is that possible?

Glad i was also on the menu........hope it helped with the main course....lol.

Regards - Mark Bicknell.

Social source share

I would just like to add and confirm that Steve Plumb will be joining me in The Soul Shack on Sunday July 2nd 2006, selecting what promises to be some outstanding music for this two hour special, more great guests to follow over the next few weeks.

Check out www.solarradio.com 8pm - 10pm UK Time, 9pm - 11pm Central Europe CHANNEL 0129 SKY DIGITAL - For requests,mentions,dedications contact bicknellmark@aol.com

Regards - Mark Bicknell.

Social source share

I would just like to add and confirm that Steve Plumb will be joining me in The Soul Shack on Sunday July 2nd 2006, selecting what promises to be some outstanding music for this two hour special, more great guests to follow over the next few weeks.

Check out www.solarradio.com 8pm - 10pm UK Time, 9pm - 11pm Central Europe CHANNEL 0129 SKY DIGITAL - For requests,mentions,dedications contact bicknellmark@aol.com

Regards - Mark Bicknell.

Looking forward to this :yes:

Hope you've got some tinnies in the shack's fridge Mark :lol:

Cheers

Steve

Social source share

Mark ,

Listened to your show for last 3 or 4 years, got most of them on video or audio tape and more recently Sky+.

Excellent show, far superior to anything else broadcast on line or TV ( won't mention any names or might get myself in to bother)

Music and guests are always quality and over the years we have heard lots of top sounds which we rarely heared at main venues although I feel that is slowly changing.

Spoke to you recently at The Orwell where you played 2 or 3 requests for us (Lee Williams,Andrea Henry and Two People). Deserved a bigger audience but nevertheless great spot from you and Neil.

Thanks for that and keep up the good work

Hope to see you out somewhere again soon.

Paul & Sue, Doncaster.

PS. Next time don't forget Buck Rogers,only ever heard it on your show.

Social source share

Mark ,

Listened to your show for last 3 or 4 years, got most of them on video or audio tape and more recently Sky+.

Excellent show, far superior to anything else broadcast on line or TV ( won't mention any names or might get myself in to bother)

Music and guests are always quality and over the years we have heard lots of top sounds which we rarely heared at main venues although I feel that is slowly changing.

Spoke to you recently at The Orwell where you played 2 or 3 requests for us (Lee Williams,Andrea Henry and Two People). Deserved a bigger audience but nevertheless great spot from you and Neil.

Thanks for that and keep up the good work

Hope to see you out somewhere again soon.

Paul & Sue, Doncaster.

PS. Next time don't forget Buck Rogers,only ever heard it on your show.

You are a gentleman Paul, i think i've pretty much repeated your requests in recent shows....lol if not coming up soon mate, i will be at The Orwell Mini Allnighter on August 25th and hope to be out and about on a more regular basis soon, thanks for your support and kind words it makes it all worth it.

Regards - Mark Bicknell.

Social source share

You are a gentleman Paul, i think i've pretty much repeated your requests in recent shows....lol if not coming up soon mate, i will be at The Orwell Mini Allnighter on August 25th and hope to be out and about on a more regular basis soon, thanks for your support and kind words it makes it all worth it.

Regards - Mark Bicknell.

Mr Bicknell

We haven't told anyone yet about the two room mini all nighter at The Orwell on Friday 25th August, seems like a good place to break the news though :tumbleweed3:

Orwell tunes in one room and Quality Northern in t'other.

Expecting to hear loads of those gems you've been spinning on Sunday nights down there..............currently contracts signed in blood by your good self, Neil Jones, Soul Sam and some geyser called Butch (Orwell room only) plus the residents Flanny, Barry Maleady, Steve Connor & meself.

Should be a goodie :tumbleweed3:

Also i can't wait for the 2nd July to get a chance to play a few tunes in the shack ranting_1.gif

Cheers

Steve Plumb

Social source share

Mr Bicknell

We haven't told anyone yet about the two room mini all nighter at The Orwell on Friday 25th August, seems like a good place to break the news though :)

Orwell tunes in one room and Quality Northern in t'other.

Expecting to hear loads of those gems you've been spinning on Sunday nights down there..............currently contracts signed in blood by your good self, Neil Jones, Soul Sam and some geyser called Butch (Orwell room only) plus the residents Flanny, Barry Maleady, Steve Connor & meself.

Should be a goodie :)

Also i can't wait for the 2nd July to get a chance to play a few tunes in the shack :lol:

Cheers

Steve Plumb

I'll leave it to you Steve to plug all you like on July 2nd, then i can give it my full attention leading up to the event.....then Barry can take over when he comes in....lol

Looking forward to it mate,

Regards - Mark Bicknell.

Social source share

Regards - Mark Bicknell.

quick reminder,(alright,blatant self promotion)for sunday june 18th's show,Mick Howard guesting on Mark's excellent soul shack 8-10 pm,early sixties soul,touch of R+B,storming northern soul and a few seventies/crossover things

Mick

Social source share

quick reminder,(alright,blatant self promotion)for sunday june 18th's show,Mick Howard guesting on Mark's excellent soul shack 8-10 pm,early sixties soul,touch of R+B,storming northern soul and a few seventies/crossover things

Mick

did any one record the show last night?all the technology went tits up,managed to listen to it but wouldn't mind a copy of the show any one help?

Mick

Social source share

did any one record the show last night?all the technology went tits up,managed to listen to it but wouldn't mind a copy of the show any one help?

Mick

Hi Mick

Great show last night mate - recorded it from about 8.30pm onwards (from 21st Century on Dot)........missed the beginning cos got engrossed in the footie :D

Will cut it for you - no probs.

Loadsa quality stuff last night matey - well done whistling.gif

Got the go ahead for me spot in the shack - scheduled for Sunday 2nd July :lol:

Cheers

Steve Plumb

Social source share

Hi Mick

Great show last night mate - recorded it from about 8.30pm onwards (from 21st Century on Dot)........missed the beginning cos got engrossed in the footie :lol:

Will cut it for you - no probs.

Loadsa quality stuff last night matey - well done :thumbsup:

Got the go ahead for me spot in the shack - scheduled for Sunday 2nd July blush.gif

Cheers

Steve Plumb

thanks for that steve,I had a go at recording from the media player,but being a total technophobe gave up think I need some software is it nero? look forward to your show,just wondered if someone had the full show,how did flanny get his show uploaded?the ripple blast singers seemed to strike a chord with dave lucas........quality mate

Mick

Social source share

thanks for that steve,I had a go at recording from the media player,but being a total technophobe gave up think I need some software is it nero? look forward to your show,just wondered if someone had the full show,how did flanny get his show uploaded?the ripple blast singers seemed to strike a chord with dave lucas........quality mate

Mick

will be even better quality if and when i get me hands on one :thumbsup:blush.gif

regards

dave lucas

Social source share

will be even better quality if and when i get me hands on one rolleyes.gif:lol:

regards

dave lucas

dave might be able to help you out on that,I'll let you know :thumbsup:

Mick

Mark, Give us a call mate and we will sort out a date....looking forward to it!

Cheers, Chris

think he's on his jollies at the moment chris,stateside
Social source share

Mick

I record it onto dvd-r straight from me telly box - then cut it to an mp3 file on me laptop.

Actually, i'm looking for a copy of Flanny's guest appearance - Mark doesn't have a copy and neither does Flanny.

It was uploaded to Soul Source at one time - i need to check if it is still around? If so i need to download it as i've promised Flanny i'd try and get him a copy of the show. Maybe one of the mods could tell us?

Looking forward to guesting on the 2nd July..............and there's a rest day in the World Cup that day too so hopefully we'll get a few people tuning in whistling.gif:D:D

Cheers

Steve

Social source share

Mick

Mick

Drop a PM; I have a recording from Sunday night and am happy to supply.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!