Great Records With Truly Awful Intros?

Guest ShaneH

Guest ShaneH

We have had the 'awesome intros thread' but what about the 'awful intros thread'

i will start with this great tune by the Charades

https://www.soulclub.org/stream/The_Charade..._Believe_It.ram

If i am skipping thru a cd of new stuff this one would probably get overlooked as I sometimes only listen to the first 5 seconds :)

any more great songs with awful intros?

Shane

Edited by ShaneH
Social source share

• Replies 42
  • Views 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Lady in Green - Magnetics nuff said :)

:yes:

Wouldn't say it was a bad intro......Just bloody sticks in your head and you cant get rid, its going over and over in my head now.....Dun, um Den um Cha....Dun um Den um Cha :)

Social source share

Guest ShaneH

i didnt think you liked this one? :)

Shane

ps. look away from BB live for a few minutes and read the header properly this time :yes:

Social source share

:)

Wouldn't say it was a bad intro......Just bloody sticks in your head and you cant get rid, its going over and over in my head now.....Dun, um Den um Cha....Dun um Den um Cha :D

You see , it's appalling :yes:

i didnt think you liked this one? :D

Shane

ps. look away from BB live for a few minutes and read the header properly this time :P

:):D Oh god yes, sorry Shane, Lady in green is an awful record with an awful intro :)

I must read the header properly, I must read the header properly

Edited by KarenC
Social source share

Guest mark shepherd

ADAMS JOHN - I LOVE YOU - SILVER BULL

poor intro ( which seems to last forever)

then they make a shortened version of the intro into the chorus

shame because the body of the record is brilliant :)

Social source share

We have had the 'awesome intros thread' but what about the 'awful intros thread'

i will start with this great tune by the Charades

https://www.soulclub.org/stream/The_Charade..._Believe_It.ram

If i am skipping thru a cd of new stuff this one would probably get overlooked as I sometimes only listen to the first 5 seconds :)

any more great songs with awful intros?

Shane

Might suprise you here Shane but the majority of Soulful House intro's get right on my tit's :yes:

They sound great if they're played out by a dj who knows how to play & mix them properly but when you're sat at home & you just want to listen to some music they just don't work.

Why on earth don't they squeeze in a radio edit somewhere.

I'm sure you know what i mean :):):D

Edited by CUNNIE
Social source share

One of my fave reocrds has a god damn awful start

Cynthia & Imaginations - Love Is Real

Its all echoey talking and then boom boom boom Loooove is Reeeal, Loooove is reeeal - and I'm a throbbing mess on the dance floor. :) Well actually I would have been on the dance floor with my hands on my hips waiting for the singing to begin.

Social source share

isn't that your all-time favourite song Karen?????? :yes:

probably sacrilege, but the first bit of Challenge my Love annoys me...............!

Also Groovy Situation -Gene Chandler...................the use of nursery rhyme tunes in soul songs should be FORBIDDEN!!!!!!!

Edited by soulster
Social source share

Guest Gogse

Be's That Way Sometimes - Bobby Wells.

Reminds me of an American nursery rhyme:

Mamma's Little Baby Loves Shortening Shortening

IMO

Social source share

Guest andycambs

Rockin Co-You Live Only Once, about 40 seconds of hell, the rest of it is staggering though so more than makes up for the intro

Andy

Social source share

Guest in town Mikey

Surely the worst ever.....

whistling.gif:thumbsup: theres a new girl living in my neighbourhood.

URGH.

Always hated those spoken build-up intros too, eg Soul bro's inc, great tune but toe curling start. :lol:

Mark, you'll have Dan after you now :thumbsup:

Oh by the way, did you bring your guitar?

Social source share

Awful intro?

I'll vote for the Adventurers Easy Baby.

Sounds like an out of tune college marching band. Probably deliberate. Having said that, it sticks in your head, and I actually rather like it.

Col

Social source share

Mark, you'll have Dan after you now :thumbsup:

grrrr...clean out your ears...no taste...keep taking the tablets...etc etc laugh.gif

actually, i dispute that call anyway, mark.

pyramid starts with bass and piano

then into bongos and flute

then drums, guitar, brass and strings

then vocals, which are admittedly a bit chatty first up.

so it's not a spoken intro anyway :thumbsup:

Social source share

Guest mrs norman maine

Buddy Smith 'When you lose the one you love'. The intro used to remind me of Kermit the Frog channelling Barrington Levy. I've always loved the record anyway tho'.

Social source share

Just for Dan

In 1972 a crack commando unit was sent to prison by a miltary court for a crime they didnt commit. These men promptly escaped from a maximum security stockade to the Los Angeles underground. Today, still wanted by the government they servive as soldiers of fortune. if you have a problem, if no one else can help and if you can find them maybe you can hire the Soul bro's inc.......i i i im your guy and your my :)huh.gif

Social source share

Buddy Smith 'When you lose the one you love'. The intro used to remind me of Kermit the Frog channelling Barrington Levy. I've always loved the record anyway tho'.

Love the intro to this, I take it he's saying 'When you lose the one you love' but said it so fast it sounds like 'whim ziggada wah' thumbsup.gif

Social source share

Guest ShaneH

Don't know the name of the tune, but it starts with the US Marine anthem as the intro !!!

I have it on some CD someone gave me.........................

Tennn...........hunnnnnnnnnnn

Chris

:P:wicked:

see the very first post :wicked:

i think this is the one

Shane

Social source share

Just for Dan

In 1972 a crack commando unit was sent to prison by a miltary court for a crime they didnt commit. These men promptly escaped from a maximum security stockade to the Los Angeles underground. Today, still wanted by the government they servive as soldiers of fortune. if you have a problem, if no one else can help and if you can find them maybe you can hire the Soul bro's inc.......i i i im your guy and your my whistling.gif:thumbsup:

:huh::P:D

Social source share

Guest Kevin J

The Dealers - You Got It (Big Bunny)

This would be a great song if the first 8 measures werent complete doo-doo.

Social source share

Guest johnm

what about "my heart is calling you " by the Magnificents ...........

Social source share

Guest Andy BB

Calvin Williams - It won't matter at all. Which gets double points as it also has a distinctly dodgy middle bit too but still rises above it to be brilliant.

The Miracles - Everybody's got to pay some dues.

Social source share

Calvin Williams - It won't matter at all. Which gets double points as it also has a distinctly dodgy middle bit too but still rises above it to be brilliant.

The Miracles - Everybody's got to pay some dues.

=====

fugitives - human jungle ...............is there any worse?

Social source share

• 1 month later...

You see , it's appalling :unsure:

:D:( Oh god yes, sorry Shane, Lady in green is an awful record with an awful intro :tumbleweed3:

I must read the header properly, I must read the header properly

But the B side is great " heart your made of stone"

Regards ..Bazza

Social source share

Archie,s in love..... Archie Bell and the Drells. Intro sounds like a truly awful country ,n, western ditty :thumbsup: , then BANG!. Breaks into what typically is the same as all their atlantic classics.....Showdown.. Here i go again.. Don,t let the music slip away.. Giil you,re too young. whistling.gif , know what i mean.

Bri.

Social source share

DON HART & THE FYVE= SOLDIER COMIN HOME.....i reviewed this in my last soul up north fingy...if the title alone wasnt enuff to put you off...the intro is dreadful...im always expecting to hear a pipe band ... whistling.gif ...but what a cracking choon :thumbsup:

cookie :ohmy:

Social source share

Guest Northern Nige

The Younghearts - I got love for my baby

Intro like something from carry on up the kyber, spoils otherwise ok track

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!