Value: Jenny Wren - Chasing My Dreams

Mandy

You know what us women are like, we see something we like and we've got to have it ... so long as it falls into the budget!!

I NEED a Jenny Wren - Chasing My Dreams (Fontana UK) .. but can I afford one?

Price please!

Edited by rachel
Social source share

• Replies 4
  • Views 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

You know what us women are like, we see something we like and we've got to have it ... so long as it falls into the budget!!

Price please!

=======

hi mandy

youre looking at least a ton

sold mine a few years ago for £125

rarely turns up

wished id have kept it

ah well

Social source share

=======

hi mandy

youre looking at least a ton

sold mine a few years ago for £125

rarely turns up

wished id have kept it

ah well

whistling.gif I bet you did ... ooops don't think the tax credits will stretch that far just yet :thumbsup:

Social source share

Price please!

I know what you mean Mandy , I saw a scertain KAREN SUE on ebay with 30 bids on it :thumbsup: .Doyou know what I mean whistling.gif ?

Social source share

Got a little story about this.

I've had 3 or 4 of these, going back to the late 80's when it was £25.

I sold one 2 years ago for £100, but prior to that, I got one off Ebay in 2000 for £4 and it was a little beat up but I thought I'd keep it for myself.

Anyway, without mentioning any names, an infamous DJ was plundering my collection at the time, taking records I didn't really want to sell by his powers of persuaion, and they were mighty powers believe me.

So he finds out I'd got jenny Wren, and I say it's only about VG, I don't want to sell it. So he starts...50 quid...75 quid...100 quid..125 quid...this goes on for about an hour with phrases like "you don't collect, let me have it", "it's only VG, I'm making you a fantastic offer" and so on. It gets to £150 and I couldn't refuse that, so after 60 minutes of begging and pleading, I give in and sell it.

Two years later when the DJ sells his collection, Mick Smith comes across the copy of Jenny Wren that I sold him, and the DJ says "Pete Smith really ripped me off with that record, charged me double what it was worth". whistling.gif:thumbsup:

p.s. Jenny Wren was from Dudley! Rob Pheasant once found an acetate containing a track not released on here sole 45.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!