I Keep Tryin' Fred Hughes

Never booted in the 70's or 80's - Was easy to find, so no need. I'm not considering modern day booters though. If there was a chance of selling half a dozen as real ones at a good price (eg recent Dana Valery boot of boot of pussycat boot) before anyone clocked on, then that almost covers half the cost of making it in the first place, as it appears to be so cheap to do, especially if you aren't to bothered about the reproduction quality.

Having said that, I'm pretty sure there are no modern boots of this.

Yet.

Cheers

Mick

Social source share

Never booted in the 70's or 80's - Was easy to find, so no need. I'm not considering modern day booters though. If there was a chance of selling half a dozen as real ones at a good price (eg recent Dana Valery boot of boot of pussycat boot) before anyone clocked on, then that almost covers half the cost of making it in the first place, as it appears to be so cheap to do, especially if you aren't to bothered about the reproduction quality.

Having said that, I'm pretty sure there are no modern boots of this.

Yet.

Cheers

Mick

Mick , a mate of mine , who's not one of us :wicked: but loves Dana Valrey , keeps asking me to get him one but I won't pay much for a boot , is there a cheap version as he just wants it to play at home

Social source share

Mick , a mate of mine , who's not one of us :wicked: but loves Dana Valrey , keeps asking me to get him one but I won't pay much for a boot , is there a cheap version as he just wants it to play at home

Yes, the recent boot is now down to £10 on eBay. If you do a search on the UK site / records, you will find it there (it's buy it now). But it may be cheaper if you wait a while - the seller also lists stuff at £2 and £3 if they don't sell too good). All these recent boots are generally poor sound reproduction though, so you may be buying a bag of bones. Can't say if this title has a good reproduction or not though.

Cheers

Mick

• Helpful 1
Social source share

• 1 year later...

I have 2 issue copies and the labels are slightly different on the I keep tryin side.

One copy on right hand side has 'Bunky's Pick' and a small star below and the other doesn't. The Bunky's pick copy printing on both left hand and right hand side is slightly larger and the lettering at bottom of label slightly thicker . The Bunky's pick copy dead wax reads I keep tryin lightly etched.

The other copy the dead wax reads EX 1023 

Can anyone explain why there is a difference?

Social source share

A demo copy of this just turned up on Manship's web site. It has all the information you might need on

how to tell the difference between the original copy and the bootleg.

Thanks for the heads up.

https://www.raresoulman.co.uk/index.php/auction/9573/i-keep-tryin-cw-weve-got-love

Mine are issue copies so I am still none the wiser.

I wasn't aware the record had been bootlegged, just assumed minor variations on the label depend on where they were pressed.

I guess with JM behind the record it will reach £200 at auction.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!