Soul Quiz

Just a quick quiz for a bit of fun - Most are easy but one or two might need a bit of internet research!!!

1. What record is cataloge number TMG 555

2. Sandy Wynns' real name

3. What song are these lyrics from - " Since I met you girl I've been walking into closed doors"

4. A Smokey Robinson record covered by the Beatles

5. Dead or Alive - Otis Williams

6. Which member of Earth Wind & Fire once played with Ramsey Lewis

7. What label did the Isley Brothers T-Neck recordings come out on in the UK

8. Stevie Wonder's real name

9. Under what other name did Stevie Wonder release a single on the Gordy label

10. Edwin Starr's real name

11. Who was born Thomasina Montgomery in 1945 but died in 1970 more famous for her work with Motown than James Brown

12. What song are these lyrics from - "Another day is passing by and here I sit in sorrow, tears streaming down my face, I'm afraid to face tomorrow"

13. Who did Kim Weston marry at motown

14. What was Anthony White's only album on Philadelphia International called

15.Who is the soul connection between Marc Bolan and Mark Almond

16. Dead or alive - Barbara McNair

17. Which female soul artist who recorded for Atlantic and Motown, played "Kizzy" in Alex Haley's dramatisation of "Roots"in the 70's alongside black comedian Ben Vereen

18. Name at least four record labels that Willie Hutch recorded for either as a solo artist or as a member of a group

19. Name at least 3 artists that recorded "Open the door to your heart"

20. What song are these lyrics from - " I can't keep lying to myself, I know there'll never be nobody else"

Social source share

• Replies 18
  • Views 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Just a quick quiz for a bit of fun - Most are easy but one or two might need a bit of internet research!!!

1. What record is cataloge number TMG 555

ISLEY BROS _ THIS OLD HEART OF MINE

2. Sandy Wynns' real name

EDNA WRIGHT

3. What song are these lyrics from - " Since I met you girl I've been walking into closed doors"

I'D RATHER GO BLIND :P

4. A Smokey Robinson record covered by the Beatles

YOU REALLY GOT A HOLD ON ME

5. Dead or Alive - Otis Williams

THANK GOD... STILL ALIVE!

6. Which member of Earth Wind & Fire once played with Ramsey Lewis

MAURICE WHITE

7. What label did the Isley Brothers T-Neck recordings come out on in the UK

EPIC

8. Stevie Wonder's real name

STEVEN MORRIS - STEVELAND JUDKINS (DEPENDING ON SOURCE!)

9. Under what other name did Stevie Wonder release a single on the Gordy label

EIVETS REDNOW

10. Edwin Starr's real name

CHARLES HATCHER (RIP)

11. Who was born Thomasina Montgomery in 1945 but died in 1970 more famous for her work with Motown than James Brown

TAMMI TERRELL

12. What song are these lyrics from - "Another day is passing by and here I sit in sorrow, tears streaming down my face, I'm afraid to face tomorrow"

BLOODY ALZHEIMERS!!!

13. Who did Kim Weston marry at motown

MICKIE STEVENSON

14. What was Anthony White's only album on Philadelphia International called

COULD IT BE MAGIC

15.Who is the soul connection between Marc Bolan and Mark Almond

GLORIA JONES (Wife & Cover Version)

16. Dead or alive - Barbara McNair

VERY MUCH ALIVE!

17. Which female soul artist who recorded for Atlantic and Motown, played "Kizzy" in Alex Haley's dramatisation of "Roots"in the 70's alongside black comedian Ben Vereen

LESLEY UGGAMS

18. Name at least four record labels that Willie Hutch recorded for either as a solo artist or as a member of a group

RCA ABC MOTOWN WHITFIELD

19. Name at least 3 artists that recorded "Open the door to your heart"

DARRELL BANKS - JACKIE WILSON - BETTY WRIGHT

20. What song are these lyrics from - " I can't keep lying to myself, I know there'll never be nobody else"

TOO DARN SOULFUL

By Jove i Needed That!

Bed Time!

:):)beer.gif

Sean Hampsey

Social source share

Tell me it's just a rumour baby...

Social source share

Guest WPaulVanDyk

i wouldn't have known them all, but i have general music quizes i could post on here if you wanted.

Social source share

'since I met you darling' Frankie Beverly - If thats what you wanted.

Social source share

:lol: It took him 12 minutes to read, know the answers, type them up and post to ss.....

...kin ell, it took me longer than that to read the questions... :P

well done that man.... whistling.gif

Many thanks for that!

Hate to be a smart arse ( but I just can't help it) it actually took me less than 5 minutes. :lol:

Sign of a mis-spent youth?

Got stumped on the lyrics though... couldn't quite place them. T'old greymatter doesn't function too well after midnight... especially since the girlfriend was shouting me to come to bed at the time :P

:lol:

Sean Hampsey

Social source share

Guest WPaulVanDyk

and with the question about Open the door to your heart i believe there was non soul version in 1989 or 1990 by Paul Varney one half of the duo Yell.

Social source share

and with the question about Open the door to your heart i believe there was non soul version in 1989 or 1990 by Paul Varney one half of the duo Yell.

Never knew that - I had Darrell Banks, Jackie Wilson, Doni Burdick and Tyrone Davis - didn't know Betty Wright had done a version either.

Kev

Social source share

Guest lifeandsoul

Never knew that - I had Darrell Banks, Jackie Wilson, Doni Burdick and Tyrone Davis - didn't know Betty Wright had done a version either.

Kev

Na Allen (not very good as i recall, always play other side), Capitols I think also

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!