Everything Ok With Your Royal Mail Guys?

ok, it happened to me twice now. i don't usually send registered and everything was always cool, but now i've sent 2 packages to the UK recorded and they both didn't arrive.  when i track from my end, i see all the steps with the final one entering the UK... but when i use it on royal mail site it shows nothing

does anybody know what could be the problem?

Social source share

• Replies 9
  • Views 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

I can't remember the last time that i had to sign to receive a package, although many of them had been sent by recorded mail.

Social source share

Judging by what has been happening with loads of 45s, they have probably been borrowed by HM Customs so that they can work out how much duty is payable on them.

I wonder how much it's costing Royal Mail spending all this time checking certain packages? Can't help thinking it's mostly more than what they're getting back off us in fees and charges. 1984 rings some bells don't you think?

Social source share

coincidence,  one just arrived where it should be  (no custom).  took 10 days from the moment it entered the UK, and there is still nothing on royal mail site. they don't bother to do the work or just don't update.. or what?

the other package, once returned as it had uknown address, probably will go back again.

so all good, aside that tracking numbers are useless and i can't know if it's delivered

Social source share

Someone at Royal Mail has stolen them as they entered the country.

Happened to me before with stuff sent from the states but not sent tracked all the way. They are tracked to the point of exit from the originating country then not tracked until signed for. Amazing how many of these apparently get "lost" between the originating country and the UK. Someone has obviously worked out thatthey can swipe them and nobody can trace where it has been done.

Shit service and not worth the money.

Social source share

The UK Government are getting ready to sell off Royal Mail.

So everything that increases profits is being done at present & nothing that takes any time (getting packages signed for) is being undertaken.

.......AND when it's sold off & run by a private outfit ......... THINGS WILL ONLY GET WORSE !!!

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Guest julesp1905

Someone at Royal Mail has stolen them as they entered the country.

Happened to me before with stuff sent from the states but not sent tracked all the way. They are tracked to the point of exit from the originating country then not tracked until signed for. Amazing how many of these apparently get "lost" between the originating country and the UK. Someone has obviously worked out thatthey can swipe them and nobody can trace where it has been done.

Shit service and not worth the money.

What Qualifies you to make that statement, they are not scanned as they enter an aircraft, they are scanned at mail handling centres, just because tracking says it has left a country, doesn't mean it has.

HMRC, who are not royal mail employees handle items to be delivered by Royal Mail. 

What about baggage handlers? An industry always tarnished with a bad reputation.

There will always be bad apples in all walks of life but I suppose it's always easy to blame the postman when you have no understanding of the process.

Social source share

Guest MissHongkongfuey

I never blame our Postie... I love him more than most of my family! He takes care of business when I'm not home, makes several attempts some days. Although pricey compared to some European countries, I still think we have a good system here. A friend of mine posted something to me from Spain almost 2 weeks ago. It only left Spain yesterday!!!

It's one Christmas tip that I actually enjoy handing over!

Social source share

The UK Government are getting ready to sell off Royal Mail.

So everything that increases profits is being done at present & nothing that takes any time (getting packages signed for) is being undertaken.

.......AND when it's sold off & run by a private outfit ......... THINGS WILL ONLY GET WORSE !!!

When they sell it off, postal charges will go through the roof, just look what happened to gas prices, rail fares, etc.,

It will not be about providing a service, but making a profit and as much money as possible for shareholders.

Edited by Supercorsa
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert