Cania "visions" Tammy Jo Re-issue?

Guest sigher the gutter snype

the reason i ask this questions is i had been in contact with the producer

of the record and he is the label owner.

he seemed fairly surprised to myself when i asked him about the record and said

he got all fed up with the record business in the early 1980's as rap music had come along

and people wasnt really interested in the cania release or soul stuff

he did tell me he would try and send me a copy and we had an in depth chat

and he spoke of some new material he may be releasing.

all in all a very nice fella

unfortunately i havent heard from him and cant seem to contact him (only answer machine)

i had asked a u.s digger/dealer who had turned up some copies if he recieved these of the group or the producer?

he seemed a little concerned at my question and this is his reply on the matter

"I have licensed these tracks, and I have a long relationship with the producer.

I'd appreciate if you did not complicate matters with questions of records, etc.

This is not a threat, this a statement of respect for a relationship that will yield a wealth of incredible and fully licensed reissues."

i have left the persons name out but wondered what you boys and girls thougtht

does this mean the ones that are being sold and ive now seen a few around are rre-issues then...if so most dont say so on the listings etc.....

he said he had a long relationship with the producer, but on my contact the producer seemed chuffed that i had contacted him :)

am i just sticking my nose in where it doesnt belong or does this lie a lot deeper

than what i thought?

Edited by sigher the gutter snype
Social source share

• Replies 20
  • Views 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

the reason i ask this questions is i had been in contact with the producer

of the record and he is the label owner.

he seemed fairly surprised to myself when i asked him about the record and said

he got all fed up with the record business in the early 1980's as rap music had come along

and people wasnt really interested in the cania release or soul stuff

he did tell me he would try and send me a copy and we had an in depth chat

and he spoke of some new material he may be releasing.

all in all a very nice fella

unfortunately i havent heard from him and cant seem to contact him (only answer machine)

i had asked a u.s digger/dealer who had turned up some copies if he recieved these of the group or the producer?

he seemed a little concerned at my question and this is his reply on the matter

"I have licensed these tracks, and I have a long relationship with the producer.

I'd appreciate if you did not complicate matters with questions of records, etc.

This is not a threat, this a statement of respect for a relationship that will yield a wealth of incredible and fully licensed reissues."

i have left the persons name out but wondered what you boys and girls thougtht

does this mean the ones that are being sold and ive now seen a few around are rre-issues then...if so most dont say so on the listings etc.....

he said he had a long relationship with the producer, but on my contact the producer seemed chuffed that i had contacted him huh.gif

am i just sticking my nose in where it doesnt belong or does this lie a lot deeper

than what i thought?

Don't think they are re-issues, rather the guy who you obviously spooked - i.e the 'US Digger' - more than likely got a load off someone connected with the band (the producer) hence them being everywhere. Whether or not they've all been 'farmed' out is another matter. Actually, now you mention it, what is odd is how this has the producer's name on it... https://cgi.ebay.com/CANIA-45-Monster-Moder...1QQcmdZViewItem

and this :) doesn't https://cgi.ebay.com/Rare-OH-Modern-Soul-45...1QQcmdZViewItem

Either two different pressings or one of them has been creative with photoshop editing out the all important contact info thanks to your recent sleuth work. Strange though. :)

Edited by J-Brew
Social source share

Don't think they are re-issues, rather the guy who you obviously spooked - i.e the 'US Digger' - more than likely got a load off someone connected with the band (the producer) hence them being everywhere. Whether or not they've all been 'farmed' out is another matter. Actually, now you mention it, what is odd is how this has the producer's name on it... https://cgi.ebay.com/CANIA-45-Monster-Moder...1QQcmdZViewItem

and this :) doesn't https://cgi.ebay.com/Rare-OH-Modern-Soul-45...1QQcmdZViewItem

Either two different pressings or one of them has been creative with photoshop editing out the all important contact info thanks to your recent sleuth work. Strange though. huh.gif

ive pm you mate

Social source share

ive pm you mate
Seen a few coming up over the last month - dont know if its just the scans but colours ranging from a creamy colour to very lt blue to slightly deeper sky blue.

cant discern any differences in the printing all look the same and all are mint!

all around £180 and in a few cases only 1 bidder .

Social source share

thanks to everyone for bearing with me on this topic

had temporarily closed it over some legal concerns which have been addressed

happy to reopen it now

unfortunately i deleted some of the posts, including two of my own, acidentally while looking at edited versions so apologies for that. pls feel free to re-post the sense of what you posted before but pls keep threats and really bad language out of it and stick to known facts put in a reasonable way. obviously, follow general site guidelines if in doubt.

cheers all

dan

ranting_1.gif

Social source share

Guest Ivor Jones

thanks to everyone for bearing with me on this topic

had temporarily closed it over some legal concerns which have been addressed

happy to reopen it now

unfortunately i deleted some of the posts, including two of my own, acidentally while looking at edited versions so apologies for that. pls feel free to re-post the sense of what you posted before but pls keep threats and really bad language out of it and stick to known facts put in a reasonable way. obviously, follow general site guidelines if in doubt.

cheers all

dan

WELL THIS IS VERY BIZARRE TO SAY THE LEAST. I GOTTA BE HONEST AND SAY I SMELL A RAT HERE....

ranting_1.gif I GOT WHAT I BELIEVE WAS ONE OF THE FIRST COPIES OF THIS WHICH I LET GO TO TO SAM AS I HAD ANOTHER COUPLE COMING. THESE COPIES HAD THE PRODUCERS DETAILS ON AND I BELIEVE THEM TO BE GENUINE BECAUSE THERE WAS NO DEMAND AT THE TIME. STEVE G TOLD ME ABOUT THIS THE OTHER DAY AT SOUTHGATE AND I WAS BEMUSED ABOUT DIFFERENT LABEL DESIGNS BUT LOOKING AT JASONS SCANS I NOW FEEL IT COULD WELL BE A SCAM.....

MY GUT FEELING IS THAT THE "NO PRODUCER" LABELS ARE A SCAM.

WHATS NOT IN QUESTION THOUGH IS THE MUSIC---- I REALLY RATE THIS AS A GREAT 70`S DANCER WITH BAGS OF APPEAL FOR THE NORTHERN SCENE IN PARTICULAR. IT DID SAY TO STEVE THAT ITS A SHAME BECAUSE IT DOESN`T TAKE MUCH TO SPOOK COLLECTORS AND THE RECORD IS TOO GOOD FOR THAT.
Social source share

WHATS NOT IN QUESTION THOUGH IS THE MUSIC---- I REALLY RATE THIS AS A GREAT 70`S DANCER WITH BAGS OF APPEAL FOR THE NORTHERN SCENE IN PARTICULAR. IT DID SAY TO STEVE THAT ITS A SHAME BECAUSE IT DOESN`T TAKE MUCH TO SPOOK COLLECTORS AND THE RECORD IS TOO GOOD FOR THAT.

I agree with you Ivor. A great tune that never gets played out. I'm sure after all the copies have dried up and gone into collections it will become a sought after tune. Great pleading vocals.

Jordi

Social source share

Guest duncanm

I agree with you Ivor. A great tune that never gets played out. I'm sure after all the copies have dried up and gone into collections it will become a sought after tune. Great pleading vocals.

Jordi

Played it at the last Northampton weekender in room 2 to an empty dancefloor ,mate.... :angry: :D:D hope its time will be coming soon, anyway... :rolleyes:

Diego -

Social source share

Agree with all the posts on here - very good song, it hasn't even been played that much (perhaps explaining the empty dancefloor!). Would be a real shame if some greed merchant killed it off before it has it's day.

Sigher - you will encounter all sorts of odd people in your quest for vinyl. I think we often labour under the misapprehension that everyone in the US recording business is friendly, keen and honest as a day is long. Unfortunately for everyone like that there's a greedy rip off merchant - twas ever so, and probably will ever be so.

Social source share

steve i guess its like any walk of life.

you get the good and the bad.

go over to the fryer funk forum and you might have to

cover your ears up on this topic.

luckey jamal davis "its not where you started" highland

whats the price and availibilty on that one steve

superb feel good tune

Social source share

Great toon and one both Taff and I have been harping on about for ages to anyone who'll listen. Steve is spot on, for every decent producer/label owner you come across there's a greedy one waiting in the wings with no clue as to what their actions will do. Always been that way, much like the scene itself these days, C'est la Vie, lol

Social source share

Guest Adam G

superb feel good tune

£10 Classic "modern tune" cheap as chips and very easy

Adam

Social source share

superb feel good tune

£10 Classic "modern tune" cheap as chips and very easy

Adam

does anybody know a chip shop where i can get the above record then please

as i love it.

Social source share

Mentioning chip shops they have some of the best shop names -

The Codfather in N London

The Frying Scotsman in Corby etc etc.... :wicked: Steve

odyssey "battered chips" mowest

not a shop but a good title

Social source share

Guest Adam G

does anybody know a chip shop where i can get the above record then please

as i love it.

Yes its called "Its not where you start its where you fillet".

Social source share

Mentioning chip shops they have some of the best shop names -

The Codfather in N London

The Frying Scotsman in Corby etc etc.... :wicked: Steve

About ten years ago there was a piece in the Lost and Founds of our local rag. It was about a piece of jewelery left in a town centre fish shop:

"Ladies ring found In Tasty Plaice"

Now call me childish but....

Godz :shhh:

Social source share

• 13 years later...
Guest DOUGHBLOW

This ism my Dad Music  Who is the Guy that have license can you tell me so i can contact him. my Dad got out the music business when Kurtis Blow Came with hip hop in 1979 So the guy was right about my dad leave the business in the 80S

Social source share

• 2 years later...

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!