24Th July - Dcgs Pt. 26 & 45's Of Fury W/special Guest Dj Ruben Molina

Please join us on dublab.com as we host the next installment of the Divine Chord Gospel Show radio broadcast scheduled for Wednesday 24th July 2013 at 2pm US PST (10pm UK time) 

For pt. 26, I'll be reliving some of the highlights of my recent 2 month European tour, playing some of the cuts that I debuted including the Gospel Dynamics and Pearl Farano. And I'll have an extended section dedicated to my NYC Downlow set at the Glastonbury Festival....just an amazing experience, so please tune in to share it one more time!

For those of you that missed the last show, here's the mixcloud link;

Also, please feel free to explore and subscribe to our youtube channel featuring some of the choicest 45's to be played on the show. 

And then, get ready for a special 45's of Fury show, featuring;

East LA DJ and music historian Ruben Molina and his deep crates of sweet, sweet soul.

Ruben's selection is stuff of legend and you can catch him playing as part of the Southern Soulspinners crew around California. He's also the author of the essential book 'Chicano Soul' and is the foremost authority on Chicano recordings out of Los Angeles.

Man, it's gonna be somethin' special!

1. Reggie Soul and the Soul Swingers 'World Of Ecstacy' (Capri 11712) [1968]
What a beautiful Chicago production. This record has it all: a nice groove, jazzy flute, great lyrics and it fits perfectly into the low rider style. This is the type of record that steps up a collector’s game.

2. Passionetts 'My Life Depends On You' (Soul Burst 501) [1969]
A Haunting ballad. Philadelphia female group harmony at its best. It’s not until 1:20 into the song that that you even hear Juanita Stewart’s lead vocals. 

3. Kickin Mustangs 'Take A Miracle' (Plato 80286) [1968]
Fantastic ballad out of Ashland, KY. A mixed group lead by Danny Shortridge. The record was actually recorded in Cincinnati. Made its way out to Los Angeles on one of the Lost Soul compilations.

4. Deceptions 'Of All The Hearts' (Brooks 323) [1968]
Sweet soul magic from Norfolk, VA’s Deceptions. Another one of those beat ballads that became popular among Chicano “oldies” buyers in the mid-nineties. 

5. Masqueraders 'One More Chance' (La Beat 6705) [1967] 
Dallas’ Masqueraders have a long history with the low rider culture. With the popularity of songs like “I’m Just An Average Guy” and “I Ain’t Got To Love Nobody Else” from the moment of their release it didn’t take much for this gem to be on everyone’s want list.
Edited by Greg Belson
Social source share

• Replies 2
  • Views 656
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!