Lou Courtney-I Don't Need Nobody Else/in The Need Of Love / German Epic

Mal C

Lou Courtney - I Don't Need Nobody Else / In the Need of Love

Just got this on German Epic, as far as I can see this coupling from the LP,  didn't come out anywhere else, wonder if anybody can confirm that? Great double sider, with a nice pic / Graphic sleeve.. 30Euros well spent me thinks, I have the LP but you gotta have the good stuff on 7 as well..

I wondered other that the LP, and tracks released from it on 45 from this time period, say 74 ish, what else did Lou put out, cause he was on top of his game IMO...

Grabbed the scan of the net, looks the business as well..

Malcolm

post-2025-0-48760300-1374068244_thumb.jp

Edited by Mal.C.
  • Helpful 1
Social source share

I have an issue copy, Mal. Same record but with yellow label and a nice picture sleeve advertising some CBS pop albums (langspielplatten bestsellers) on the back.

I don't collect EU 45s but I have a few nice things by Howard Tate and Tony Borders etc which were hard to resist.

Social source share

yeah, its the coupling sometimes, I'd have bought two 45's to get those two tracks, and the yank epics are mostly styrene, so a vinyl release with the two is a real winner..

what are the tate, and Borders tunes, 7ts?

Social source share

Yes the Tony Borders 45 is on Maxi/Gemini which was a French CBS-distributed label. They also issued Howard Tate's 'That's What Happens' / 'These Are The Things' on the JAD label in the Gemini series, same year - 1969 I think.

Both had picture sleeves but just with text, no photos.

Other French 45s I have are 'How Do You Spell Love' / 'Right On Jody' on Calumet, Eddie Parker's 'Love You Baby' on Googa Mooga and some French Atlantic (via Barclay) EPs by Percy Sledge.

I have another French or German 45 by Howard Tate but I don't recall which one.

Not many others that I can think of, at least nothing special, a few Atlantic 45s from Holland and a couple of Tamla Motown LPs issued in Holland by Artone who were later bought by CBS.

That's about all I can think of, I'm more into UK 45s.

Social source share

This is the German 45 issue mentioned by Paul - takes pride of place in my plays box :))attachicon.gifLOU COURTNEY 001.JPG

The tasty sleeve certainly gives it much added value, Glyn.

You're very lucky to have a copy of this most treasured and sexy 45 which I expect many other sensible DJs and collectors will now be desperate to obtain if they happen to know anyone here   :wave:  who has a beautiful mint copy and might be foolishly persuaded to part with it in return for a tempting offer.

Probably.

:facepalm: 

Social source share

Guest sharmo 1

Ben E King does a stonking version too, LP only I think. It was on refosoul here but not sure its on You Tube, although its a great album so just buy it! 

Which lp is this on jocko ? regards S.

Social source share

Ben E King does a stonking version too, LP only I think. It was on refosoul here but not sure its on You Tube, although its a great album so just buy it! 

Refosoul post says it's on the "Supernatural" album. But there's no such title on the album. Only track on it written by Lou Courtney is called "What do you want me to do". Is this the one?

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!