Sensations

Guest micksmith

YOU'RE JOKING-YOU GO TO A DO-DJ PLAYS "THE SENSATIONS" AND YOU STAND THERE AND COUNT HOW MANY TIMES THEY SING "DEMANDING MAN". HOW TIMES HAVE CHANGED IF A RECORD AS GREAT AS THAT  YEARS AGO AND I MEAN "GREAT" PEOPLE WOULD GET UP AND DANCE-NOT STAND THERE COUNTING ON THERE FINGERS. MUST TRY THAT DOWN THE 100 CLUB-WHEN IT'S PLAYED GET EVERYONE TO COUNT-PRIZE FOR THE PERSON WHO GETS IT RIGHT.

link

BETTER STILL WE'LL DO IT THIS SATURDAT DOWN CROSSFIRE.

Social source share

soul auctionsTap here for 24hr ebay Lists  Sign in to Switch Ebay Lists OFF 
  • Replies 60
  • Views 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

There are other places than clubs for hearing records Mick, like at home. I might be unnormal but not to the degree that I would stand around counting in a club. It is a great record so I would most likely dance to it, at least that is what I have done on the occasions I have heard it out.

Edited by Guest
Social source share

did you know demanding man isnt even mentioned till 110 seconds into the song!

Yes... but then they manage to mention "demanding man" 20 times during the last minute or so... The tune does nothing for me and it has got absolutely awful lyrics. Nice punchy sound and harmonies, but it doesn't go anywhere IMO. However... their "Lonely World" on Way Out... now THAT is a proper stomping tune with a nice flipside as well. Top stuff for £15-£20. whistling.gif

Social source share

Yes... but then they manage to mention "demanding man" 20 times during the last minute or so... The tune does nothing for me and it has got absolutely awful lyrics. Nice punchy sound and harmonies, but it doesn't go anywhere IMO. However... their "Lonely World" on Way Out... now THAT is a proper stomping tune with a nice flipside as well. Top stuff for £15-£20.  whistling.gif

link

Seb, yep "Lonley World" - great tune, but not as good as the just as cheap "I wont be Hurt"

Both still not as good as "Demanding Man" though...

And I still think (to my ears) that Demanding Man was recorded neraer the time of I wont be hurt and not 4 yerars later (1970). But then I know F' All.

Oh, Just reminds me Janine - Demanding Man - 1970 - surely you still dont want this bit of disco trash LOL

Social source share

Guest micksmith

Yes... but then they manage to mention "demanding man" 20 times during the last minute or so... The tune does nothing for me and it has got absolutely awful lyrics. Nice punchy sound and harmonies, but it doesn't go anywhere IMO. However... their "Lonely World" on Way Out... now THAT is a proper stomping tune with a nice flipside as well. Top stuff for £15-£20.  whistling.gif

link

I'LL HAVE TO PLAY MINE AND COUNT.

Social source share