Pee Wee,shuck And Huey On Flagg

KevH

• 4 years later...

Guest woolie mark

I read that this is a current play for Butch.  Damn, I knew I should have bought a copy of this years ago....one of my all-time favourites.

I was surprised to see this on a historic Stafford playlist recently.  I didn't realise it had been well known for such a long time.

Can someone educate me on the history of this being played on the northern scene please?

Social source share

Guest woolie mark
1 hour ago, chalky said:

Bout 91/92,wasn’t a Stafford play. 

Maybe I've got the venue wrong then, can't remember where I read it.  It was something about a DJ who was a resident at a top venue but packed it in and sold up, and this was on a list of records he played.  I was surprised to see it on the list, because it seemed from too early a time.

Sorry if I've got that wrong.  I never went to Stafford, although I could have done because one of my best mates was a regular.  Regret not going now!

Social source share

8 hours ago, Chris Turnbull said:

Maybe I am alone in thinking 'Beside myself' is a horrible racket that makes me want to cover my ears

I believe so!  It's one of my favourites.  Though that doesn't mean much.  I'm sure I posted up a scan of it with the hand written comments on the label from the manager.

Social source share

• 4 months later...

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!