• Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

:Dhttps://cgi.ebay.co.uk/NORTHERN-SOUL-THE-TO...1QQcmdZViewItem

WHY ON EARTH WOULD YOU PAY £50+ FOR THIS

is it desperation , lack of knowledge

or just plain :D:hypo::hypo::hypo::hypo::hypo::hypo::hypo: lunacy

...........or even stupidity? Anyone collecting NS vinyl must surely know that it was extensively booted in this fomat - OK, he doesn't say whether it's a boot or original, but working on the theory that there's a sucker born every minute...

Hippo.

Social source share

Guest Matt Male

OK, he doesn't say whether it's a boot or original

is it a real one??????

There's more

DEAD WAX THERE

THAN IN A USED CANDLE FACTORY..

THE gasher

Is it me, is it the lighting, or is it green? :hypo: Aren't both boots and original yellow? What's the difference, just the width of the deadwax? Isn't this one usually hard to spot, or am i just being thick.. :D ?

For comparison the deadwax on an original looks about the same width. Apart from the colour, which could be lighting, and the very clean label i can't see a difference. Easy to see how people would be fooled.

Edited by Matt Male
Social source share

Is it me, is it the lighting, or is it green? :hypo: Aren't both boots and original yellow? What's the difference, just the width of the deadwax? Isn't this one usually hard to spot, or am i just being thick.. :D ?

For comparison the deadwax on an original looks about the same width. Apart from the colour, which could be lighting, and the very clean label i can't see a difference. Easy to see how people would be fooled.

Hi

The original is a touch deeper yellow than an M-G-M Demo.

It is on Vinyl, has a 17mm Deadwax from label to playing area and of course the "Nashville Matrix" in the Deadwax.

Although not Mint mine has a clean Label hence comparison to M-G-M Demo.

An aged Label, poor lighting etc on a scan and it becomes difficult to tell.

It really does come down to the deadwax & Matrix.

Edited by 45cellar
Social source share

Is it just me or does anyone else think it is quite wriong not to say whether you are selling an original or a bootleg?

But, if I remember correctly Ebay terms state that selling of bootleg items isn't permitted. So surely all records for sale on there are legit. :D

Social source share

I got caught out, bought a 'light green' Incredibles 'there's nothing else to say baby' under the assumption that it was original (seller even stated this fact!)....even Manship's guide to bootlegs has conflicting answers, it actually say's "boots are an olive green" and originals are 'light green' which this was....

...still turned out to be a boot though!!! :D

Luckily I only paid £27 and not £79 like the Washpan eventually went for!!!

If buying from a Uk buyer you have to be very careful as most of the 70s boots are over here, you're more likely to get an original from a USA seller (but not always, especially with newer stuff).

Edited by Soul-Slider
Social source share

i sold my copy for £4 couple of years ago to a local dj who played it a couple of months later telling everyone how he had just paid big money to get a copy lol

Isnt the seller one who was selling vinyl carvers acetates in the past and people were paying silly money for them , i may be wrong but i recognise the name from somewhere.

Social source share

i sold my copy for £4 couple of years ago to a local dj who played it a couple of months later telling everyone how he had just paid big money to get a copy lol

Isnt the seller one who was selling vinyl carvers acetates in the past and people were paying silly money for them , i may be wrong but i recognise the name from somewhere.

hi dave, long time no see, i wonder who that dj was :D

sold mine crack n all for a fiver

russ

Social source share

Guest Trevski

Yup, thats him, from Preston, goes to the Wilton, if anyones got a dispute :hypo::D

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!