I Want Two Of These

Barry

Look awesome, but apart from the obvious smaller size, I don't really see much advantage to the SL-1210s really,

as the 1210s play both 12" and 7". and you can pick up a decent pair of 1210s for the same price.

If you don't want a pair of them, there's summat up wi ye lad ;0)

Social source share

Looks like at some point his neck chains could be a problem, the smaller the moving parts the better .   would technics just make one pair, ? would imagine they are worth a fortune ( and cost a fortune to make )   if there are only two of em ,   

Social source share

They're in battle Mode :D

I know how to turn em on Davie, anything after that is a battle. If I turned up and they were that way round I'd have my arse to the 'crowd' lol

I reckon the sound guy has tried to tuck him up: "kin show-off. Turn em round Charlie, see how he likes them apples!"

Edited by PhilT
  • Helpful 1
Social source share

Already a thread started on these - in Look At Your Box and entitled "I want two of these"

Maybe the Mods could merge?

oops, Tony beat me to it.

merged

always best if you "report" the "mod request" as well, that way mods are aware instantly

thanks

mike

Social source share

Well spotted Tony, the tone arms are different, well that makes three of them out there at least ( unless the tone arm was changed at some point )

"The always entertaining Clown Prince of Hip-Hop is known to be a collector’s collector and he has made many outlandish claims that only he could live up too (a promo copy of Bob James Mardi Gras 12"³ without the famous Run-DMC bells on the break in a mysterious CTI record suitcase) but had no photograpic evidence to back them up. Apparently these technics were made specifically for Biz in 2011 in Japan and the straight tonearm modification was made by JDG. These pictures just go to prove Nobody beats the Biz!”"

Social source share

Are there two models of these ?

Barry's original post looks like a slightly curved tonearm, yes, or is it my eyes.  :(

the DJ dude pics look like a straight tonearm. ????  :D

I think straight tone arm better for scratching (so I'm told! Lol). I want one even if I'd barely use it!!

C'mon Panasonic/Technics...You know you want to. You surely can't just be content with the living legend that is the "SL", without putting this baby into production!!

• Helpful 1
Social source share

:hatsoff2: HI ALL...These 7" decks were first made in 72, in a attempt to get into the disco market, TECHNIQUES decks initially were marketed to HI-FI ADDICTS, The most common decks were GARRARD SP2, SP3 DECKS never had the same feel as the SP2,  I REMEMBER the 7" Techniques decks in RONNIE SCOTTS CLUB, but only for a short time, as the booth at UPSTAIRS at RONNIES had TECHNIQUES 1200, this tells me that at that time DJ did not like them or, and more to the point in 74 the record company started to put out 12" DICO RECORDS, The 12" record play at 45 rpm, had a far superior sound to the 7" disc, however the music I treasure is 7" vinyl as did most people who collected soul & reggae, back to them decks, if there are different types the later ones are probably bespoke & rare worth well over £200,

:shhh: DAVE K

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!