Last Night @ Shake Down, Stafford

Went to Shake Down at Stafford last for the very first time.

What a great night I had there! The residents Bob Morris, Paul Bennett, Merv Parnell and the guest DJs Ted & Nashee all played us some amazing sounds throughout the night.

I can honestly say I didn't hear a track I didn't like all night and more importantly from my point of view is that a good 80% of the tunes played were new to me!!! It was heaven!!

Plenty of sales boxes there too. Had a good night myself selling and trading.

This venue is now on my list of regular nights to visit. If you've not been yet and have an open mind and readily accept new RnB, popcorn and early soul sounds....... do yourself a big favour and give the place a try!

I came away from the venue with only one regret..................... I WISH I'D PAID THIS PLACE A VISIT A LOT SOONER!!!!!

Bob, Paul and Merv.........keep up the good work guys. We need venues like this wink.gif

• Replies 7
  • Views 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

What a great night I had there! The residents Bob Morris, Paul Bennett, Merv Parnell and the guest DJs Ted & Nashee all played us some amazing sounds throughout the night.

I can honestly say I didn't hear a track I didn't like all night and more importantly from my point of view is that a good 80% of the tunes played were new to me!!! It was heaven!!

This venue is now on my list of regular nights to visit. If you've not been yet and have an open mind and readily accept new RnB, popcorn and early soul sounds....... do yourself a big favour and give the place a try!

I came away from the venue with only one regret..................... I WISH I'D PAID THIS PLACE A VISIT A LOT SOONER!!!!!

Bob, Paul and Merv.........keep up the good work guys. We need venues like this :P

You liked it then?

Bob, Paul and Merv.........keep up the good work guys. We need venues like this :P

Free drinks all night was it? :wicked:

Guest lostsoul2

Bob, Paul and Merv.........keep up the good work guys. We need venues like this :wicked:

Guest lostsoul2

Hi Kev

Thanks for the feedback... much appreciated. We do our best to play unknown but good R&B and popcorn... there's so much good music out there to "re discover " it is criminal not to be playing it. From a personal perspective it is clubs like Hideaway, Sink, Doggin' , The Crown that have kept me on the soul scene.. so new so fresh.

I've seen Nashe and Ted play loads over the years but last weekend their sets were exceptional.

I haven't yet had the chance to attend this since the venue change but totally agree with RnB Rookie in that it's certainly a night not to be missed. Look forward to seeing you all soon (possibly Sat! whistling.gif )