Chapter 5 And John Andrews

Guest squaw

Guest squaw

Looking for chapter five you cant mean it on cbs,and john andrews its just love on parlophone.Demo issues of either pm price and condition cash waiting ta.

Social source share

soul auctionsTap here for 24hr ebay Lists  Sign in to Switch Ebay Lists OFF 

Guest squaw

I'd hate to shop where you do!

Me to ive got a fairly good idea what there worth had em both before,but hindsight is a wonderful thing lol.Got cash waiting if anyone wants to sell.

Social source share

Me to ive got a fairly good idea what there worth had em both before,but hindsight is a wonderful thing lol.Got cash waiting if anyone wants to sell.

I've had at least 5 copies of Chapter Five and I've had two John Andrews demos and one issue.  The last demo I sold about 3 years back for £300.  It sure is a tough record to find but It's not gone up £700 in that time, surely.

Edited by Pete S
  • Helpful 2
Social source share

Guest squaw

I've had at least 5 copies of Chapter Five and I've had two John Andrews demos and one issue.  The last demo I sold about 3 years back for £300.  It sure is a tough record to find but It's not gone up £700 in that time, surely.

I traded a ja demo bout 3 yrs ago to the value of £350 so our prices were more or less in line then,its obviously increased in value.But not that much and i dont buy on jm,s auctions lol.

Social source share

There is a John St John on eBay now with three days left, that's if you don't mind waiting years for one to pop up for sale by which time god knows what it will be going for. As for it being not worth £1000 I would agree but its not far from that, if some of the crap that sells for more than that is anything to go off. This tune will stand up with the best at any Soul Night that's why it's a must have for any decent DJ who loves playing Wigan Classic tunes.

Paul Kidd

Social source share

Guest penny

a record's value is an approximation of what past copies have sold for, not the price a particular person might want to part with one.

For john andrews £3-400 is the former, £1000 is the latter and you can have mine :-)

Social source share

• 2 weeks later...
Guest geoffs

I have a copy for sale - demo -EX + slight scuffs & surface marks that do not affect listening in any way. Interested ?

Social source share

I've had at least 5 copies of Chapter Five and I've had two John Andrews demos and one issue. The last demo I sold about 3 years back for £300. It sure is a tough record to find but It's not gone up £700 in that time, surely.

Pete ...I'm sure there was a chapter five on eBay this week ,with a buy it now of £2000 !
Social source share

Not sure what your point is Nev, are you trying to say that it's worth 2 grand?

Is that £15 Solomon Burke record sold at auction for £400 worth £400?

Not at all Pete ,I was just adding to the thread something that is relevant.

I hate the record and have never had any interest in it ,so when I saw it at that price I was stunned !

Social source share

chapter 5 - my all time no.01 record of all time,,,,remember when we had paper lists and had to phone up days of getting records...ive never shot off a toilet so quick to get chapter 5 over 20 years ago from a john manship list...couldnt believe it when he said he had still got it..never stop jumping around for an hour - then i realised how am i gonna pay the 200 quid lol...managed it and this record will never leave my collection ever.....gr8 record and that intro............

• Helpful 1
Social source share

chapter 5 - my all time no.01 record of all time,,,,remember when we had paper lists and had to phone up days of getting records...ive never shot off a toilet so quick to get chapter 5 over 20 years ago from a john manship list...couldnt believe it when he said he had still got it..never stop jumping around for an hour - then i realised how am i gonna pay the 200 quid lol...managed it and this record will never leave my collection ever.....gr8 record and that intro............

First time I got this, it had been my top UK want forever, Gary White got me one and I knew he'd posted it registered post, except I was a bit mental at the time and was positive my postman was nicking things from me, so I got up at five thirty and actually walked over to the sorting office (it was 200 yards away from where I lived) and I waited for the postman to come out, I then followed him on his round until he came near to my house, got ahead of him, went in the house and waited til he rang the bell, I was hiding behind the door and he jumped out of his skin when I opened it the second he pressed the bell  :lol:  anyway the record was there, though I lost a copy of Harvey on Tri Phi a couple of weeks later...

n.b. I have no idea how following would have helped the safe delivery of the record, as I say, I was slightly hatstand at the time

Edited by Pete S
Social source share

Guest CARL D

Good one Pete! I've been caught in the bath when(assuming) the posties rung and knowing its to sign for a 45,not answered the door in time,and subsequently found myself running down the street tryin to find him,wringing wet in only damp trousers. Could i find him???!!! Bugger must've known i wanted my record and deliberately run off! Or maybe i'm just obsessively paranoid.....;-)

First time I got this, it had been my top UK want forever, Gary White got me one and I knew he'd posted it registered post, except I was a bit mental at the time and was positive my postman was nicking things from me, so I got up at five thirty and actually walked over to the sorting office (it was 200 yards away from where I lived) and I waited for the postman to come out, I then followed him on his round until he came near to my house, got ahead of him, went in the house and waited til he rang the bell, I was hiding behind the door and he jumped out of his skin when I opened it the second he pressed the bell :lol: anyway the record was there, though I lost a copy of Harvey on Tri Phi a couple of weeks later...

n.b. I have no idea how following would have helped the safe delivery of the record, as I say, I was slightly hatstand at the time

Social source share

Guest sharmo 1

First time I got this, it had been my top UK want forever, Gary White got me one and I knew he'd posted it registered post, except I was a bit mental at the time and was positive my postman was nicking things from me, so I got up at five thirty and actually walked over to the sorting office (it was 200 yards away from where I lived) and I waited for the postman to come out, I then followed him on his round until he came near to my house, got ahead of him, went in the house and waited til he rang the bell, I was hiding behind the door and he jumped out of his skin when I opened it the second he pressed the bell  :lol:  anyway the record was there, though I lost a copy of Harvey on Tri Phi a couple of weeks later...

But your alright now though Pete aren't You ?

Social source share

Guest sharmo 1

Mark I can remember the first time you played that record out you sounded  full of elation do you remember the conversation we had at nuneaton just after you bought it and i'd just picked mine up for 70 pence they were the day's old mate regards entire cast of Cats.

Social source share

• 1 year later...