Arthur Prysock I Was A Boy Acetate

Dave, I remember hounding you for a recording of this pretty soon after you had it, Eventually you put it up on the old refosoul I thank you for that.

I found it interesting that the wording had been rearranged - In Tony Orlandos case he was suggesting he was too young (I Was A Boy When You Needed A Man), but Arthur turned it around and the girl was to young (You Were A Girl When You Needed I Woman).

Cheers

Mick

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Dave, I remember hounding you for a recording of this pretty soon after you had it, Eventually you put it up on the old refosoul I thank you for that.

I found it interesting that the wording had been rearranged - In Tony Orlandos case he was suggesting he was too young (I Was A Boy When You Needed A Man), but Arthur turned it around and the girl was to young (You Were A Girl When You Needed I Woman).

Cheers

Mick

Yep, I guessing that the acetate version came before the TO 45, they sound about 4-5 years apart.

Social source share

yep - remember this from Bretby and Lea Manor

up there with "My dear heart" (babara mercer ? /diana ross ? / and gerri granger "why cant it be tonight" in mystic if you know what i mean

Edited by keithw
  • Helpful 1
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!