Soulful Blog

Guest MrJ

I didn't know where to put this.

But since there are so many audio/video links in the blog, I thought I'd put it here.

It's my first blog.

The site's going to hopefully help budding writers as well as promote my novel.

Have a read of the blog, and if you have time, you might want to read my synopsis for 'Wood, Talc and Mr.J' - a novel set around the Northern Soul scene...

Chapter 2 is in 'extracts', too.

I'll be interested to read what you think.

Have a good un, and KTF!

https://woodtalcandmrj.com/blogsarticlesnews/

Social source share

• Replies 6
  • Views 531
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Got to stop you there Mr.J, Arthur Conley actually says "Y'all" not "Yo"!  Sorry, I ruined page 1, enjoyed the rest though

Done. Thought about leaving a 'courtesy of Pete S', but thought it might look a bit daft  :shhh:  :rofl:  

Social source share

When you're a kid and you hear lyrics, they tend to stick with you forever, whether they are right or wrong, I must have 20 or 30 favourites on which I know I'm singing the wrong words, I remember a T Rex track called Raw Ramp which was the B side of Get It On, I was amazed to discover he was singing "You think you're a champ but girl you ain't nothing but a raw ramp", I thought he was singing "You fill your champer cup you ain't nothing but a raw ramp", it doesn't matter that there's no such thing as a "champer cup", thats what I thought it was. Honky Tonk Women, I thought the first line was  "I met her jean so far aquaine in Memphis", again, made up words, I think I was about 28 when I realised he was singing "I met a gin soaked bar room queen in Memphis"  :lol:

Social source share

When you're a kid and you hear lyrics, they tend to stick with you forever, whether they are right or wrong, I must have 20 or 30 favourites on which I know I'm singing the wrong words, I remember a T Rex track called Raw Ramp which was the B side of Get It On, I was amazed to discover he was singing "You think you're a champ but girl you ain't nothing but a raw ramp", I thought he was singing "You fill your champer cup you ain't nothing but a raw ramp", it doesn't matter that there's no such thing as a "champer cup", thats what I thought it was. Honky Tonk Women, I thought the first line was  "I met her jean so far aquaine in Memphis", again, made up words, I think I was about 28 when I realised he was singing "I met a gin soaked bar room queen in Memphis"  :lol:

:D  :lol:  Oh God, yes! Could do a whole thread on this!

Thing is, it kind of reinforces what the blog's about, really... The words are almost secondary, more a feeling.

Diana Ross' I'm Still Waiting:

'Then someone finally came,

He told me that he loved me,

I put him off at last,

He could see I had no ass...'

I can't get away from that  :D

ps: T.Rex's lyrics were nonsense anyway, weren't they. Genius, that man, genius!  :yes:

Social source share

:D  :lol:  Oh God, yes! Could do a whole thread on this!

Thing is, it kind of reinforces what the blog's about, really... The words are almost secondary, more a feeling.

Diana Ross' I'm Still Waiting:

'Then someone finally came,

He told me that he loved me,

I put him off at last,

He could see I had no ass...'

I can't get away from that  :D

ps: T.Rex's lyrics were nonsense anyway, weren't they. Genius, that man, genius!  :yes:

They were. Fantastic at the time and the singles are still great but the lyrics are just appalling.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!