Leonard Howard "i Got A Love" On Heres?

Hey all, hoping someone here can help shed some light on this record for me. I recently got a copy of it, appears to be a very under the radar tune. Most scans I've seen of the label show that there's 2 songs on either side, making it an EP?

A side: I Got A Love / There's A Girl

B side: If You Want To Be True pt. 1 / pt. 2

The copy I got only has the A side tracks, though. So there must be two pressings of this song. I've listened to clips from the other "EP" version and it appears to be the same recording. 

Thanks!

Social source share

• Replies 9
  • Views 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Hey Fish, I actually found your old posting searching for more info on this record, so grabbed the mp3 from there :)

So I gave this another spin just now, and actually the mix I have on this 45 has sax throughout, don't know how I missed that. So I guess it is a different recording. The sauce thickens. 

Social source share

Hey Matt, I'd be willing to wager given those similarities in names and the b-side of the other pressing of the 45 I have being a funk tune (which I still haven't heard actually, just going off of info from here and other sources) that its the same artist we're talking about. 

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!