Maxine Brown It's Torture

Markd

Hi,

Can't find out much info on the web so could some kind soul put me out of my misery.I know this was released on a Kent single and a white label EP but was this ever released on an original 7" or on an album.

Thanks

Edited by markd
Social source share

Guest Ivor Jones

Previously unreleased until Kent put it out. However, I'm not sure which came first, the Kent single or the Kent LP of the same title.

Think it was the LP first from memory.... Captain Croasdell will know

Social source share

• 3 years later...

Ady, Firstly thank you for a great all-nighter at crossfire amazing sounds from the DJs and a great night, secondly i bought the Kent single from an All-Nighter in Warrington, Parr Hall, in 85 i was always told and believe the Kent Single is the original could it be possible to re confirm as the OVO police will have me the next time i want to play this when i DJ.  

Social source share

Guest son of stan

I remember it being played at 100 Club when unreleased and buying it on the LP like the week it came out which I recall from the time was the first release. Would have already got it on 7" if it had come out that way.

Social source share

Son of Stan, 

I am sure what you say is true but the 7 inch came out at the same time so why does the LP get the original status,when i purchase the record i was told this is an unreleased sound and its the first issue 

Even Ady is unsure which came out first LP or single someone in the northern soul world should know ? 

Social source share

2 hours ago, ady croasdell said:

The Kent single was the first 45: nobody would expect you to lug around an LP because it was 6 months before 

Quite. Aside from the fact you could play Porgy & The Monarchs too :D

I'm sure the 45 came out a few months after the LP.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!