Friday Sales Inc Moses Smith, Marty Hill, Some Rare Bits

Pete S

pete.smith@freeuk.com

A FEW NICE BITS AND PIECES TODAY

AL JAMES - SOCKA TING - BIG BEAT                                                                                                                           EX            15

Another dance craze that never caught on!

DEAN PARRISH - TELL HER - BOOM                                                                                                                          EX            30

Another lovely Boom issue

THE THRILLS - WHAT CAN GO WRONG - CAPITOL                                                                                            EX-           50

Their rare one - very light use and a bit of ring wear/ small wol but still a nice copy - oh and an added bonus, there's a monster beat ballad on the flip

BUNNY SHIVEL - TOP TWENTY - CAPITOL                                                                                                            EX            25

One of two good singles by this girl...cracking dancer

RICHARD BROWN - SWEET AND KIND - STEELTOWN INC                                                                           EX            35

Stafford classic - what a record

DON HART - KEEP ON HOLDING ON / I CAN MAKE IT - COOL SCHOOL                                                 EX            75

This is a rare 45 - was withdrawn and titled changed to "Soldier Coming Home"

THE PEACHES - BABY THINK IT OVER / MUSIC TO MY EARS - CONSTELLATION                             EX            25

Two girl group thumpers

GAIL KELLY - WHO DO YOU THINK YOU'RE FOOLING - CAPITOL                                                               EX            25

Rare blue eyed midtempo dancer - uptempo dancer on the B side too

MOSES SMITH - KEEP ON STRIVING / COME ON LET ME LOVE YOU - COTILLION DEMO            EX            250

Top early 70's rarity - beautiful copy too

CAMEO - FIND MY WAY - CHOCOLATE CITY                                                                                                         EX            10

Ah happy memories...

DEVONNES - I'M GONNA PICK UP MY TOYS - COLOSSUS                                                                               EX            25

Nice and pretty scarce original stock copy

MARTY HILL - MR. ORACLE OF LOVE - COLUMBIA DEMO                                                                               EX            100

A superb Columbia demo but with a very rare promotional photo and biog card included!

BILLY JOE ROYAL - YO YO - COLUMBIA DEMO                                                                                                     EX            25

Torch dancer

CAPT JESSE FOUNTAIN - I'M MARCHIN' - CAMEO                                                                                               EX            15

Someone paid something like £800 for an acetate of this on ebay recently thinking it was an unreleased track...

THE DELLS - RUN FOR COVER - CADET                                                                                                                   EX            50

All time classic

MARLENA SHAW - LET'S WADE IN THE WATER - CADET DEMO                                                               EX            60

Rare one sided demo

THE THRILLS - SHOW THE WORLD WHERE IT'S AT - CAPITOL DEMO                                                   EX            20

Good girl group tune but a bit fast for the old legs nowadays, think Pat Powdrill at double speed

THE HUMAN BEINZ - NOBODY BUT ME - CAPITOL                                                                                            EX            15

Needs no introduction

JIMMY RADCLIFFE - MY SHIP IS COMING IN - AURORA                                                                                    EX            30

A stunning record in every way...actually I love The Walker Brothers version of this, and Walter Jackson's, but this one tops the lot

BILLY WATSON - GET MYSELF TOGETHER - BARRACUDA                                                                             EX            25

Used to get tipped a lot this one, never did become popular though - label is not the Detroit one

PAYPAL TO pete.smith@freeuk.com please (PLEASE MAKE SURE ITEM IS AVAILABLE BEFORE SENDING ANY MONEY!)

1ST CLASS RECORDED IS NOW £2.40 FOR ONE RECORD
WITH NO EXTRA CHARGE FOR 2 ADDITIONAL ITEMS.

SPECIAL DELIVERY IS £7.00

OVERSEAS: EUROPE IS £3.50 AIRMAIL, £9.00 REGISTERED POST. ITEMS OVER £40 NEED

TO GO BY REGISTERED POST.

REST OF THE WORLD IS £4.50 AIRMAIL, £10.00 REGISTERED POST. ITEMS OVER £40 NEED
TO GO BY REGISTERED POST.

Social source share

soul auctionsTap here for 24hr ebay Lists  Sign in to Switch Ebay Lists OFF 
  • Replies 4
  • Views 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Hi Pete ... Not sue that the facts on Don Hart are correct ?

I always thought they changed it from "Soldier coming home " to " Keep on holding on"  to try and help sales and steer from the political Vietnam message ?

Either way .. the one you have does seem to be the harder of the two though .

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!