dthedrug profile photo

Soulsource Rare Record Club,summer 2013, Looking Back 40Years

Posted

Reminds me of our youth club - great memories.

:thumbup:

you must be younger than me paul , i was past me youth club days when this got played , still a young pup though , great memories to . :thumbsup:

Share this forum post

soul source url
Posted

the zoo / the commodores

tamla motown label , a lot don't like this one , sure i heard it at the mecca first , i still love it today. 

Gogger

One I remember buying back in the 70t's but must admit not one I've heard for years & not one I've dug out the back of the cupboard to play either since god knows when.Sounds better then I thought it was going to after all these years :thumbsup:

Cheers

Martyn

Share this forum post

soul source url
Posted

Gogger

One I remember buying back in the 70t's but must admit not one I've heard for years & not one I've dug out the back of the cupboard to play either since god knows when.Sounds better then I thought it was going to after all these years :thumbsup:

Cheers

Martyn

martyn , don't think it ever gets played out know , but it does not seem to age like some sounds , it,s just something i have always liked  :thumbsup:

Share this forum post

soul source url
Posted

martyn , don't think it ever gets played out know , but it does not seem to age like some sounds , it,s just something i have always liked  :thumbsup:

Gogger , I'm sure this was an a Mecca/Cleethorpes spin , I like it still :wink:

Share this forum post

soul source url
Posted

Gogger , I'm sure this was an a Mecca/Cleethorpes spin , I like it still :wink:

it's a mecca sound for me swifty or first played there  :g:  :thumbsup:

Share this forum post

soul source url
Posted (edited)

Had it years ago and it's another that I don't know what I did with , had a good lot nicked once and may have been then but got this one for $22 which I thought was a good price. Don't you just wish you'd kept them all eh? Had stuff like Innersection Demo in a soul pack , where did that go ?

Enjoying buying bits now again , like a kid when I'm waiting for them to arrive  :lol:

Have you got youtube sorted yet Kev  :g:

take care mate

Swifty :thumbsup:

Hi Swifty

sorry 4 the late reply 

Yes my YT got sound & Vision Now  :D

BH came out in UK as well i think it was on the  EMI label ?

atb Kev  :hatsoff2:

Edited by Kev John

Share this forum post

soul source url
Posted

it's a mecca sound for me swifty or first played there  :g:  :thumbsup:

Had a nice demo for $9.99 last year , I was the only bidder . Was this around the same time as 'Control Tower' can't remember ? was it Motown Magic Disco Machine or am I talking bollox as usual :lol:

Swifty :wink:

Share this forum post

soul source url
Posted

have a copy of this myself  two great sides nice one

kev

Share this forum post

soul source url
Posted

Couldn't decide which side to post, here's both

Elliot Small - Stay in my heart / Girls are made for loving - New Miss

gary

Share this forum post

soul source url
Posted

Share this forum post

soul source url
Posted

:hatsoff2: WOW! OVER 1000  ENTRIES ON THIS THREAD, I WAS MEANING TO END THIS "40 YEARS ON" LAST WEEKEND, HOWEVER, IT WILL BE ON SUNDAY, WHEN I GET IN FROM THE TOP EVENT OF THE YEAR, "CLASS OF 72", 40 YEARS ON, PLUS MY FAVE ALLNIGHTER LIFELINE AT SHARESHILL Nr WOLVES, I HAVE MISSED ALL EVENTS SINCE JUNE, SO ALL THOE NOT BETTER, I WILL BE AT BOTH EVENTS :thumbsup:

MY PLAY FOR TODAY,

40 Years ago if you went to the TORCH, UP THE JUNCTION, THE CATS OR BLETSOE, a new release was being played, apart from Allen Daye breaking Archie Bells Classic  "here I go again", it was this instrumental by the JUST BROS that I loved, in fact although we all got a copy of the Music Merchant 45s with their great B sides, the record "Sliced Tomatoes" was a reissue of the mid 6ts stomper, and very rare to own, most copies that I have seen looked rough to me (I have only seen 3 copies to be truthful"),  although this rhythm is now well known across the globe fanx to Fat Boy Slim, we all know we could of done the same, infract Sidras Theme is the one to sample if you want a ~#1 am I right or am I right, any way $) years on the Just Bros 

PS:- Don't forget new thread starts Sunday I hope, may see some of you this weekend :huh: DAVE K

http://youtu.be/TQ05TOj4NYc

Share this forum post

soul source url
Posted

:hatsoff2: WOW! OVER 1000  ENTRIES ON THIS THREAD, I WAS MEANING TO END THIS "40 YEARS ON" LAST WEEKEND, HOWEVER, IT WILL BE ON SUNDAY, WHEN I GET IN FROM THE TOP EVENT OF THE YEAR, "CLASS OF 72", 40 YEARS ON, PLUS MY FAVE ALLNIGHTER LIFELINE AT SHARESHILL Nr WOLVES, I HAVE MISSED ALL EVENTS SINCE JUNE, SO ALL THOE NOT BETTER, I WILL BE AT BOTH EVENTS :thumbsup:

MY PLAY FOR TODAY,

40 Years ago if you went to the TORCH, UP THE JUNCTION, THE CATS OR BLETSOE, a new release was being played, apart from Allen Daye breaking Archie Bells Classic  "here I go again", it was this instrumental by the JUST BROS that I loved, in fact although we all got a copy of the Music Merchant 45s with their great B sides, the record "Sliced Tomatoes" was a reissue of the mid 6ts stomper, and very rare to own, most copies that I have seen looked rough to me (I have only seen 3 copies to be truthful"),  although this rhythm is now well known across the globe fanx to Fat Boy Slim, we all know we could of done the same, infract Sidras Theme is the one to sample if you want a ~#1 am I right or am I right, any way $) years on the Just Bros 

PS:- Don't forget new thread starts Sunday I hope, may see some of you this weekend :huh: DAVE K

http://youtu.be/TQ05TOj4NYc

Hi Dave

I love the threads. Discovering loads of new records and really enjoy spinning a few mesen! Got me buying again too.

Nice one buddy.

Peter

:thumbsup:

Share this forum post

soul source url
Posted

Trawling through my tunes making sure I'd not missed anything for the playbox for Wetherby tomorrow night & I came across this?Played it & thought of you lot as I know some have got a copy & like me might not have turned it over.Bit nice for me but thought some of you would like it?

B side of "Betcha If You Check It Out"

The Quadrophonics-To Prove My Love Innovation

Share this forum post

soul source url
Posted

Share this forum post

soul source url
Posted

gary

Gary

New to me & liked Stay In My Heart straight away :thumbsup:

Cheers

Martyn

Share this forum post

soul source url
Posted

gary

Hi Gary 

Great tooooooooooooooooon  SIMH m8   :thumbsup:   i've got this on the BANG label  

atb Kev  :hatsoff2:

Share this forum post

soul source url
Posted

Brilliant double sider Martyn, gets plenty of plays in this house

Kev

Share this forum post

soul source url
Posted

gary

Great stuff Gary, mine is on Bang

Kev

Share this forum post

soul source url
Posted

Brilliant double sider Martyn, gets plenty of plays in this house

Kev

Kev

This side will be a stomper in your house :lol:

How was the head Monday morning :facepalm: ........Trevor looked fighting fit when we left :thumbsup:

Cheers

Martyn

Share this forum post

soul source url
Posted

Kev

This side will be a stomper in your house :lol:

How was the head Monday morning :facepalm: ........Trevor looked fighting fit when we left :thumbsup:

Cheers

Martyn

Martyn

Its probably the soberest we,ve ever been pissed at The Groom :ohmy: in fact Berbick turned into the fleet footed Cassius Clay to the station, things started to get normal again after another can on the train and more Kingfisher with the curry :lol: 

Best

Kev

Share this forum post

soul source url
Posted

A bit of a down tempo groove from me today. Together Forever Ray Pettis

I hope you like it.

Peter

:wink:

Share this forum post

soul source url
Posted

Brilliant Peter, my mate Peter Foster (PJF) has been championing this for ages, cheap aswell :thumbup:

Kev

Share this forum post

soul source url
Posted

Brilliant Peter, my mate Peter Foster (PJF) has been championing this for ages, cheap aswell :thumbup:

Kev

Soul as good as this should have a minimum price of a ton our kid.

Peter

Share this forum post

soul source url
Posted (edited)

Martyn

Its probably the soberest we,ve ever been pissed at The Groom :ohmy: in fact Berbick turned into the fleet footed Cassius Clay to the station, things started to get normal again after another can on the train and more Kingfisher with the curry :lol: 

Best

Kev

Kev

Cassius Berbick it is.........more like Trevor Clay  :lol: 

Glad you didn't let the side down in the end.........who fell asleep in the curry first :thumbup:

Cheers

Martyn

Edited by hullsoul

Share this forum post

soul source url
Posted

Kev

Kev

What does he know :wicked:

Cheers

Martyn

PS Can't wait for Wilton :thumbsup: 

Share this forum post

soul source url
Posted

Kev

What does he know :wicked:

Cheers

Martyn

PS Can't wait for Wilton :thumbsup: 

Absolutely on both counts my man :lol: 

Kev

Share this forum post

soul source url
Posted

A bit of a down tempo groove from me today. Together Forever Ray Pettis

I hope you like it.

Peter

:wink:

Peter

This a great tune! Been a BIG hit in my wee record room for many years now.

GREAT post.

gary

Share this forum post

soul source url
Posted

Dreamy one from me with gorgeous harmonies.

Robert Lee and the Exquisites - Tears are falling - Steeltown

gary

Share this forum post

soul source url
Posted

Share this forum post

soul source url
Posted

:hatsoff2: Hi All For some odd reason, I have dug this one out of a miscellaneous box of soul, it's a box of good records that I like, but can not remember where & when they got played originally? I guess this one was a 100 club sound of the 8ts? and again I could not put a value on it (that means I paid a couple of quid for it), it has that early soul sound from 63, a great year to explore,  However as this is on JOSIE 45-915 It must be later, THE ORIGINAL CADILACS - "I'LL NEVER LET YOU GO" 

DON'T FORGET A NEW THREAD STARTS 3 am MONDAY MORNING :thumbsup: DAVE K

http://youtu.be/qRLefXGBGpw

Share this forum post

soul source url
Posted

:hatsoff2: Hi All For some odd reason, I have dug this one out of a miscellaneous box of soul, it's a box of good records that I like, but can not remember where & when they got played originally? I guess this one was a 100 club sound of the 8ts? and again I could not put a value on it (that means I paid a couple of quid for it), it has that early soul sound from 63, a great year to explore,  However as this is on JOSIE 45-915 It must be later, THE ORIGINAL CADILACS - "I'LL NEVER LET YOU GO" 

DON'T FORGET A NEW THREAD STARTS 3 am MONDAY MORNING :thumbsup: DAVE K

http://youtu.be/qRLefXGBGpw

hi dave , i think we are all waiting for a new thread , hope all is well  :thumbsup:

Share this forum post

soul source url
Posted

hi dave , i think we are all waiting for a new thread , hope all is well  :thumbsup:

Gogger

Yes keep thinking it's moved but can't see where?

Hope Dave's OK.

Cheers

Martyn

Share this forum post

soul source url
Guest profile photo