After A Hard Day's Work, It's Nice To

Supercorsa

Got home today and found two records waiting for me. Both of which I got off Ebay, at less than what Mr Manship was asking for! whistling.gif

The Superiors - Let Me Make You Happy b/w Can't Make It Without You (MGM Promo)

The Avons - Since I Met You Baby b/w He's My Hero (Excello)

I bought The Avons blind after asking on here about, The Hytones - Bigger & Better, and someone suggested the Kent CD, Uptown Down South. I saw it listed on there and thought gotta be worth buying, when I saw it at less than a tenner (was $9.99, Manship wanted £30)! whistling.gif

Like everybody keeps saying, "Cheap Originals- You Can't Beat 'Em!"

Social source share

• Replies 11
  • Views 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Guest LeoLyxxx

love the Avons.......nice Girly soul that is sometimes frowned upon.

link

Seconded! (and what a great cd btw)

Got my copy of King Diamond on Power House yesterday.. was very happy about it :):D

best

Leo

Social source share

Seconded! (and what a great cd btw)

Got my copy of King Diamond on Power House yesterday.. was very happy about it  :)   :D

best

Leo

link

Hi there, just got through my door this morning Josie Armsead - Vibes (Gospel Truth) and Intruders - Nice Girl Like You (TSOP), have the Lp but wanted the 45 too, at moment am getting either 45 or cd through door daily its great, although my bank manager disagrees!!

Chees Jock

PS Leo what label design is your King Diamond, I have a blue label but all scans I have seen up to now are different.

Social source share

Mine's the red/white/orangeish label.. with a black note.. GREAT 45 imo :thumbsup: do you know anything regarding the different label designs?

best

Leo

link

I dont, hadnt seen a blue one till I bought it. Anyone know anything? Any other things on this label?

I remember the King Diamond tracks came out on great Charly comps some time ago, at that time it was rumoured that these tracks were unissued.

Cheers

Jock

link

Social source share

I thought King Diamond definitely had a connection with Detroit's O.C. Tolbert. Is he the Tolbert of "I Got It" on Rojac fame? I've never heard it mentioned that they are one in the same, but then again I'm relatively new to this forum. Can anyone confirm?

Social source share

Guest LeoLyxxx

I thought King Diamond definitely had a connection with Detroit's O.C. Tolbert. Is he the Tolbert of "I Got It" on Rojac fame? I've never heard it mentioned that they are one in the same, but then again I'm relatively new to this forum. Can anyone confirm?

link

yup i believe its the same..

I think theres an unrel. version of "thats all she wrote" by OC, or am i dreaming again? :thumbsup:

best

Leo

Social source share

yup i believe its the same..

I think theres an unrel. version of "thats all she wrote" by OC, or am i dreaming again?  :thumbsup:

best

Leo

link

Anyone wants to swap a King Diamond M- for a Tolbert then :thumbsup::lol:

Social source share

Guest LeoLyxxx

Anyone wants to swap a King Diamond M- for a Tolbert then  :thumbsup:   :lol:

link

ooooh sounds like a fair deal wink.gif if someone wants to trade one of their other top rarities i can offer a broken copy of Jimmy Cliffs "waterfall" with label tear and a bite taken out of the vinyl.. :thumbsup:

Sorry.. :4:

best

Leo

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!