So Called Accusations Against Exisiting Members

although my reg name is Paul Donely I am in fact Paul Donnelly, if anyone is going to slag me orf can they slag Paul Donely off not Paul Donnelly.

Phew... :ohmy:

Social source share

• Replies 126
  • Views 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Conturary to popular belief I am not Ian Cunliffe but a Android

the real Ian Cunliffe was abducted several years ago by a certain

Ian Levine,s henchmen and the real Ian Cunliffe now resides

in Mr Levine,s Dr Who Museum in the basement of his huge palace !

Social source share

Guest WPaulVanDyk

To be fair. Why don't if you wish to use another name as your name you sign on fair enough but make sure there is a place to put real name like in profile so that you can be known by it if wanted.

New members should be told that anything posted that is not relevent will be deleted as we are all a nice bunch here and don't want any trouble. I am sure we are all here like a laugh and joke with each other and don't take anything too seriously.

If any member sees things they not happy with they don't have to reply and move on

Social source share

Personally I prefer the anonymity of pseudonyms. This is the internet and there are times when we just don't want other people - and potentiallly anything that you say on the internet can be attributed to you - to know what we are up to. And this doesn't mean in most cases that we are hiding behind a false identity because we are up to no good. The fact is that just being on some sites is enough to get you into trouble with some people. This is something that Soulfulsaint found out recently. In Billy Freemantle's case, if Mr and Mrs Forbes-Pendleton knew that he was a member of Soul Source all invitations to Polo would cease forthwith and there would be a severe shortage of cucumber sandwiches at the Freemantle's mansion.

Social source share

I think it's fine the way it is, as anything else would be too Big Brother and censorial, which I wouldn't want and would stifle interesting debates/revelations. A pain at time for the mods as they do have legal responsibilities, but there is no better way of doing it I'm afraid.

I also feel slightly sorry for Soulsearcher (Sharon) in that she has provided her name and so is hardly anonymous. Think your comments Winnie are a bit self righteous saying that nobody appears to know her etc - what is she meant to do when she joins, get 10 recommendations from Soul Sourcers or provide pictorial evidence of her on the dancefloor? Are we turning into the sodding masons? :ohmy: This is meant to be an informative and fun forum not some sort of weird insular society. As with any other member she needs to stick to the rules and fair play, but equally if other members have made threats by PM or email (and I have no clue either way or much interest for that matter whether there's any truth in that or not) then they need to be kept in check too. It should be a level playing field, irrespective of whether you're a "celebrity" of the scene, a regular poster or a newbie. Sometimes on here it gets all a bit too incestuous and self-righteous :ohmy:

Rich

Good post up there my freind....I know of freinds who are members on here and have been for a few years,they don't post because they are not so called regulars and think its a closed shop sometimes...I would like to see some different faces on here to keep things fresh :D as long as they play by the rules.. Soul source is for all points of view i hope..Welcome soul searcher....

Social source share

To be fair. Why don't if you wish to use another name as your name you sign on fair enough but make sure there is a place to put real name like in profile so that you can be known by it if wanted.

A new entry at No 7 in the all time top 10 of the most confusing couple of sentences ever written on soul source :ohmy:

Note: not said in a bullying tone of type

Social source share

Good post up there my freind....I know of freinds who are members on here and have been for a few years,they don't post because they are not so called regulars and think its a closed shop sometimes...I would like to see some different faces on here to keep things fresh :ohmy: as long as they play by the rules.. Soul source is for all points of view i hope..Welcome soul searcher....

I dunno about that Steve, when I joined most of you lot were regulars and I didn't really know anyone, if you come on and try and give the impression of being confident even if you're not, you'll usually be okay.

Social source share

I dunno about that Steve, when I joined most of you lot were regulars and I didn't really know anyone, if you come on and try and give the impression of being confident even if you're not, you'll usually be okay.

Good point made Pete..I just think some aint as confident as you and just read the posts without joining in...We have all made some good freinds on here and met some fine people,lets hope we meet a few more..Onwards and upwards with Soul Source... :ohmy:

Social source share

A new entry at No 7 in the all time top 10 of the most confusing couple of sentences ever written on soul source :ohmy:

Because there was no opportunity to pause after the first full stop, I passed out while reading it Dan :D

Social source share

original post was started as a rant by myself but caught myself before went off on one

thanks for all views and suggestions, lot of issues covered and while main concern is the original one will add my comments /thoughts on some of others raised later

Main gripe was as said at start, the fact someone yet again , showed up, used the board to make some serious accusations, all serious stuff but and here's the main gripe, what was the reaction after members posted up info to clear the matter up..... no retraction or ought just more of the same

At same time had someone "anonymous" post up on front page that two other members who are currently taking time and effort to release soul tracks the right way are bootleggers, and again once after an answer whats the reaction... nothing

Two are just yet more recent events in a long line of similar posts, to be blunt its about time that some people wise up to the fact that this site is not some playground where they can come along and post half baked serious accusations with no or little thought behind them and then expect to walk away whistling with no comeback when the accusations are found to be lacking

This site does have responsiblities both legal and more importantly to the members on here, and while the idea of allowing such posts was so soul fans can air "genuine" grievences it does seem that the actions of a few are now making this unworkable

Are looking at a lot of things and there are other outstanding issues that need to be resolved asp

Thanks again to all views and suggestions, and apoligies to the vast majority of members who have made this site what it is, for the rant and tone style of above.

mike

Social source share

Guest vinylvixen

although my reg name is Paul Donely I am in fact Paul Donnelly, if anyone is going to slag me orf can they slag Paul Donely off not Paul Donnelly.

Phew...
:thumbsup:

You imposter, sir
:lol:
posing as that fine figure of a man, Mr Donnelly......I'm never going to reveal my alternative Isley Brothers to you again.....
:thumbsup:
Jo - sometimes called Joanna by her mum

Social source share

Guest WPaulVanDyk

well for all you lot care i could be someone else not that i am but i speak for my dad here at times as if it's 2 of us lol. He can't even use a computer so anything he needs to know i ask here and have to tell him. Printed some topic off here once. I just think if he joined instead of me there would be many on here who know him maybe and you know what friends are like when they talk to old friends on scene. It's a pain being out and he sees all the soulies who still go and they just talk about it. or some random person would say to him from his jacket you are into Northern soul great stuff.

Social source share

Guest martyn

well for all you lot care i could be someone else not that i am but i speak for my dad here at times as if it's 2 of us lol. He can't even use a computer so anything he needs to know i ask here and have to tell him. Printed some topic off here once. I just think if he joined instead of me there would be many on here who know him maybe and you know what friends are like when they talk to old friends on scene. It's a pain being out and he sees all the soulies who still go and they just talk about it. or some random person would say to him from his jacket you are into Northern soul great stuff.

Why would a random person be in your dads jacket? :tumbleweed3:

Social source share

Can't stop laughing at this :tumbleweed3: Keep em coming.

Drew.

Same here :tumbleweed3:laugh.gif

martynWhy would a random person be in your dads jacket? smile.gif

Funniest thing I've read on here in ages. :wicked::wicked:smile.gif Annie

P.S. Sorry Paul no offence against you. I know what you mean about what you said.

Edited by asboannie
Social source share

Sorry, I thought you were someone else. thumbsup.gif In fact there is a current thread discussing this.

BTW what sort of jacket indicates that you are into Northern Soul? I must get one.

Social source share

well for one I'm better known by my nickname :wicked:

or because your real name is a closely guarded secret :shhh:

How far should we go with this - who's telling Butch and Soul Sam that they must use their real names now? :P

Personally I'd struggle if I had to post my full name up here. This is a public list, so if you have a rather conservative job as well (or other such 'separate' part of your life), you'd understand. Besides, some of the nicknames on here are bordering on funny :wicked:

I find these emplty accusers destructive as well, but Mike has a tall order here I'm guessing. Privacy laws do not allow names to be confirmed from an IP address, and Internet cafes allow anonymity if some nutter wants it. An IP address can still be reported, but it does not mean that we'll ever know who it was

Good luck,

m

Social source share

or because your real name is a closely guarded secret :shhh:

How far should we go with this - who's telling Butch and Soul Sam that they must use their real names now? :wicked:

Personally I'd struggle if I had to post my full name up here. This is a public list, so if you have a rather conservative job as well (or other such 'separate' part of your life), you'd understand. Besides, some of the nicknames on here are bordering on funny :wicked:

I find these emplty accusers destructive as well, but Mike has a tall order here I'm guessing. Privacy laws do not allow names to be confirmed from an IP address, and Internet cafes allow anonymity if some nutter wants it. An IP address can still be reported, but it does not mean that we'll ever know who it was

Good luck,

m

Well its about time a face was put to a name then ...confirmed just the same as a passport...........ATB Stevie z.If you don't know me ,get out a little more Kev :P
Social source share

I know - I remember when you bought something off me once I had to ring you back cos I'd forgotten you real first name! Sorry about that Quentin.

Your one of the few who know my real name too Pete :wicked:

Been known as Baz since school and its just bloody stuck with me :angry:

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!