A Couple Of Wants - Caesars, Lovations

Steve G

Hi anyone got for sale or prepared to part with?:

The Caesars Girl I miss you Lanie 2002

Lovations I keep singing La la la Cap City 109 - not the second issue on Phase III please

First issue (blue & white 1958) of Eddie & Starlites "To make a long story short".

SP&C.

Thanks

Steve

Edited by Steve G
Social source share

soul auctionsTap here for 24hr ebay Lists  Sign in to Switch Ebay Lists OFF 
  • Replies 8
  • Views 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

I'm pretty sure the part iii record was first. The lovations were from Pittsburgh. All the people on the Part III record are Pittsburgh dudes. they got the record picked up on Cap City afterwards and Cap City released their subsequent records. Additionally, in soul harmony singles we have it as one year earlier, not two years later, and most of the dates in the book are pretty on. What is your source for two years later? And why would they just reissue that one single?

Social source share

Part III was issued January 1969 after Cap City. It was kind of like a second role of the dice for the song. I know it goes against" conventional thinking" which tends to become lazy "fact" but I "carbon dated" by checking the Columbia plant matrix number which confirm Part III as a January 1969 press. I hope I am getting a free copy of the new Soul Harmonies book when it comes out :lol:

Edited by Steve G
Social source share

Part III was issued January 1969 after Cap City. It was kind of like a second role of the dice for the song. I know it goes against" conventional thinking" which tends to become lazy "fact" but I "carbon dated" by checking the Columbia plant matrix number which confirm Part III as a January 1969 press. I hope I am getting a free copy of the new Soul Harmonies book when it comes out :lol:

matrix numbers don't lie. Thanks a lot.

• Helpful 1
Social source share