Paypal Dispute: Can Any Record Dealer Help Me?

Hi, this post is to do with my previous thread on record packaging where I received a copy of Jimmy Burns - I Tried that was cracked due to poor packaging.

https://www.soul-source.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=28491

Paypal have asked for the following:

In order to continue with the investigation of your claim, we must request documentation to support your claim that the item is damaged or significantly not as described. Please obtain a document (such as an estimate or invoice) from an unbiased third-party, such as a dealer; repair shop, appraiser, or another individual or organisation that is qualified in the area of the item in question (other than yourself), which details the extent of the damage or clearly explains how the item received significantly differs from the item advertised. Please do not proceed with any repairs or alterations to the item, as doing so will limit PayPals ability to successfully resolve your claim, and may result in the cancellation of your dispute. If possible, the document should include a serial number and description of the item, and the amount required to complete the repairs necessary to correct the damage. This document must be on letterhead that includes the name, address, and phone number of the individual, business, or organisation so that PayPal may contact them if necessary.

I have posted up a picture of the record and still have the original packaging.

Can anyone provide me with a document similar to that described above please? I have to fax it to PayPal within 10 days.

Thanks

Paul

Edited by ShaneH
Social source share

• Replies 7
  • Views 855
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Guest Netspeaky

Hi, this post is to do with my previous thread on record packaging where I received a copy of Jimmy Burns - I Tried that was cracked due to poor packaging.

https://www.soul-source.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=28491

Paypal have asked for the following:

In order to continue with the investigation of your claim, we must request documentation to support your claim that the item is damaged or significantly not as described. Please obtain a document (such as an estimate or invoice) from an unbiased third-party, such as a dealer; repair shop, appraiser, or another individual or organisation that is qualified in the area of the item in question (other than yourself), which details the extent of the damage or clearly explains how the item received significantly differs from the item advertised. Please do not proceed with any repairs or alterations to the item, as doing so will limit PayPals ability to successfully resolve your claim, and may result in the cancellation of your dispute. If possible, the document should include a serial number and description of the item, and the amount required to complete the repairs necessary to correct the damage. This document must be on letterhead that includes the name, address, and phone number of the individual, business, or organisation so that PayPal may contact them if necessary.

I have posted up a picture of the record and still have the original packaging.

Can anyone provide me with a document similar to that described above please? I have to fax it to PayPal within 10 days.

Thanks

Paul

Why don't you ask JM with his book being a bible on the price of Rare Soul Records, they would be hard pressed to turn it down as evidence to back your claim on the value, regarding the condition is another thing. :thumbsup:
Social source share

Why don't you ask JM with his book being a bible on the price of Rare Soul Records, they would be hard pressed to turn it down as evidence to back your claim on the value, regarding the condition is another thing. :thumbsup:

Thanks but it's not the value that is at issue as I can only claim what I paid for it. I actually need a statement on headed paper regarding the actual item, specifically an independent confirmation of the damage.

I am also disputing on the basis of "not as described" in that the seller stated he would use a heavy duty mailer and didn't. I could do with an additional statement regarding the packaging.

My missus can draft up what is required but the statement must come from an independent third party. I can also bring the item & packaging to anyone who is prepard to do this for inspection.

Cheers

Paul

Edited by paultp
Social source share

Thanks but it's not the value that is at issue as I can only claim what I paid for it. I actually need a statement on headed paper regarding the actual item, specifically an independent confirmation of the damage.

I am also disputing on the basis of "not as described" in that the seller stated he would use a heavy duty mailer and didn't. I could do with an additional statement regarding the packaging.

My missus can draft up what is required but the statement must come from an independent third party. I can also bring the item & packaging to anyone who is prepard to do this for inspection.

Cheers

Paul

Which area to you live in?. Perhaps then we could find a dealer close to you?

Just a thought.

Kirsty

Social source share

Which area to you live in?. Perhaps then we could find a dealer close to you?

Just a thought.

Kirsty

I live near Thirsk, North Yorkshire so York, Leeds, Teeside etc are all easy travelling, But I can email scans of the record and packaging so any dealer with headed paper could do it really. I don't want to bug someone to help I'd rather they PM me and agree to it. It's not a lot of money, its more the principle really as the seller's attitude stank.

Thanks

Paul

Social source share

I live near Thirsk, North Yorkshire so York, Leeds, Teeside etc are all easy travelling, But I can email scans of the record and packaging so any dealer with headed paper could do it really. I don't want to bug someone to help I'd rather they PM me and agree to it. It's not a lot of money, its more the principle really as the seller's attitude stank.

Thanks

Paul

Not far from me then. I have always found Pat Brady to be helpful. When we insured my ex husbands records he did an independent valuation on them for free. You could try ringing him, I find him very approachable. Failing that you can could pm safc soulboy, (Ewan) who is from Richmond, now Darlington. He isnt a dealer, but may know of one in your area.

Let me know if you need Pat's number.

Good luck. I know my hubby has had trouble with damaged records in the past it is fustrating.

Social source share

Thanks Kirsty, I think I'll give Pat a call. I've dealt with him before and he's always been great. I've spoken to him a few times at do's so he may remember me, I'll let you know how it goes. Could you PM me his number please?

Thanks

Paul

Social source share

Just an update on this as I know you've all been waiting with bated breath whistling.gif

I contacted Pat Brady who has assessed and confirmed the damage and produced the required document which is now with PayPal.

Can't thank the man enough really, top of my top bloke list. Thanks also to KirstyM for her help too.

I just hope they find in my favour now as I'd really like to be one up on the smug b*st*rd in Chicago who has caused all this hassle. ebay id: hydeparkrecords! (with an exclamation mark).

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!