Jimmy Conwell - Cigarette Ashes

Impact

• Replies 16
  • Views 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Morning folks,

Could anybody tell me whether this was originally issued on vinyl as well as styrene please?

Many thanks in advance

ATB

Stew

Hi Stew

Originals of this are Styrene with a Matt finished Blue  label 

atb Kev  :hatsoff2:

Social source share

I may not have been paying attention, but in all my years of collecting I have never seen a styrene issue of Cigarette Ashes! 

All the original Demos and Issues I have ever seen are Vinyl!

I thought Mirwood had stopped using styrene on these later releases, 5530.

If someone has it on styrene I would be very interested to see a scan of it.

Edited by Guest
Social source share

The original has a narrower run-out and the "66-3088-B" is in larger letters, also "H" stamped in run-out. The boot has a wide run-out and the text is smaller than the original. The run-out width and stamped letter "H" is the best indicator. Here are label scans.

Original                                                                                 Boot

post-4408-0-13184600-1377966522_thumb.jp                  post-4408-0-45420700-1377966534_thumb.jp

One can't trust the Manship/Brown/Knowitalls of this world 100% The books they publish are great guides but I've yet to find anyone who'll stick his head and say that all the Los Angeles issued Okeh singles are stamped in the run-out. Arthur Wright say not he would know won't he?

Good luck.

PS : Don't know how old you are, I know instrumentals are not in vogue this day and age but bewt this shook those wooden floors like no other did in its day.

Chris

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert