Cruisin' With Mr Hollywood

Triode

Yep. Still got my copy tucked away somewhere.

Bought it back in the late 70's / early 80's. Might have been from foxes, Bradleys or Halls records in doncaster.

Bought this and another boot album around the same time with all of the big plays of the day on it.

Happy days :)

Social source share

Guest Byrney

'When all the others are laughing and joking, mr Hollywood will be cooking and smoking'

Funny when delivered with a twang of north notts accent ;)

Social source share

• 2 years later...

Track listing taken from YouTube, for those who can't bring themselves to listen to it:

1. Jr Walker & The All Stars - Cleo's Mood 2. The Toys - I got my heart set on you 3. The Human Beinz - Nobody but me 4. The Steinways - My heart's not in it anymore 5. Jackie Wilson - I get the sweetest feeling 6. Brenda Holloway - When I'm gone 7. Ruby Winters - Just like a yoyo 8. Leroy Taylor - Oh Linda 9. Joyce Bond - Do the teasy 10. Jay & The Techniques - Apples, Peaches Pumpkin pie 11. Barry St. John - Everything I touch turns to tears 12. The Dynatones - The fife piper 13. Steve Alaimo - Everyday I have to cry 14. The Exciters - Reaching for the best 15. Dee Edwards - Loving you is all I want to do

Edited by Gene-R
Social source share

I think this is brilliant Kev. I don't agree with all you say and do, you're a person who creates strong opinions, but as an attempt at 70s cool, presumably more than a bit tongue in cheek, sheer class! 

If anyone had recordings of my conversations at nighters from the 70s and posted them I wouldn't come out for years. We've all done some daft things and I'm sure hearing this is a bit on the cringe-side (8th wonder of the world?) but what the hell, it's funny. I want the album.

Social source share

3 hours ago, Russell Gilbert said:

Blimey, I've got one of these as well. Found it in a 2nd-hand record shop in London in the early 90s, I think.

Have to say I was rather crestfallen when I listened to it. Cruisin' with Mr Hollywood, indeed...

Still, I can see that it must have been a lot of fun to do, but at the same time would like to get my money back? :wink::lol:

How much Russ, before it's on auction sites? 

Social source share

• 3 years later...

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!