Can Some One Tell Me Please ?

Woza1

• Replies 8
  • Views 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Can someone please tell me the background to these David & Ruben (I love her so much it hurts me ) and the Majestics same song , or is it not , how , and possibly even why , or is it just simple , anything ,

They are indeed both exactly the same tune.  Not sure why there was a change of artist name between the two releases though.  The Linda release, credited to The Majestics, was released late 1965, whilst the Rampart and Warner Bros releases, both credited to David and Ruben, date from 1969. 

Edited by Gene-R
Social source share

Majestics:David & Ruben. LINDA records date back to the 50s and featured some great tunes and turned a lot of young singers into household names. Unfortunately, the majestics "l love her". . .wasn't the simple 2.5 minute sing a long/dance to record that Dick Clark and Jerry Blavatt were featuring on US TV coast to coast, so its quite plausible to suggest that a name change, a new label and more importantly...a record buying public, bored with novelty hits who were turning their attention away from itsy bitsy teeny weeny polka dot stuff...so Rampart records reinvented them as David and Ruben...very jewish, (as were leiber and stoller) and again it fell below expectation. As for the Warner Bros revamp...someone told me the brass intro was deliberately edited off because the radio dj's talked over it and went unnoticed. I hope this answers your plea for help. Tony Warot.

Edited by westrex
  • Helpful 1
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!