Barbara Wilson Acetates- Anyone Know These Songs?

Hi, I currently have listed on eBay a couple of acetates credited to Barbara Wilson. I'm guessing this is the same Barbara Wilson that was married to Frank Wilson, and who died in 1966, but I'm not 100% sure. Both discs have the song "I Have Something New," and one disc also has the B-side "Whad' Ya Know?" I can't find any evidence of either song online anywhere, so I'm wondering if anyone here has any additional info. You can hear excerpts from both songs here:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/13224402/bw02.mp3

Thanks in advance for any input!

peahix

post-29224-0-63797000-1378097674_thumb.j

post-29224-0-14916700-1378097674_thumb.j

post-29224-0-78761600-1378097673_thumb.j

Social source share

• Replies 12
  • Views 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Thanks for the info, Ady. Can you clarify, though, that the songs were never released in the 60s, and that you simply have access to the material via the master tapes? Do you know of other acetates of this floating around, or if these songs are currently available broadly in any other form? Also, am I correct that this is the same Barbara Wilson that passed away in 1966? I just want to revise my ebay listing to be as accurate as possible. Thanks!

Edited by Guest
Social source share

I'd bet the farm that this singer IS DEFINITELY the same Barbara Wilson that was Frank Wilson's wife.  Not only is her voice familiar, as on her Motown demos for Brenda Holloway.  But, these songs both sound like Wilson-Gordon songs (without a doubt).  The instrumentals sound a bit like Frank Wilson's A&M work.  But the songs sound like they were written for Brenda Holloway and to be sold to Jobete Music.  Perhaps they were offered to Motown, and rejected? 

Can anyone tell me why Mrs. Wilson died so young?

What a great find this was!

Social source share

• 3 months later...
  • 4 months later...

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert