Mid-Week Mix: Modern & Northern Sevens

Beatin Rhythm

Hi, Soul Diggers, hoping you're well throughout all the the Back To School rushing around and Transfer Deadline delights or disappointments, got some vinyl vitamins for your consideration. If you see anything here that you'd like to buy then please reply via Soul Source or phone us on 0161 834 7783 to order/reserve an item.

1. Just a Dream - THE IMPERIAL WONDERS (Day-Wood)...........VG++..............£65

2. Try To Understand - CINDY MALONE (Capitol)..............Mint-...............£50

3. Um Um Um Um Um Um - MAJOR LANCE (Okeh, gold print/deep plum background)..............VG++...........£12

4. Love Music - LLOYD PRICE (GSF)..............VG++..........£10

5. Across The Street - LENNY O'HENRY (Atco).......classy, cool mid-60's Northern dressed like a Good Fella, would sound great in a Robert De Niro or Tarantino film, capeesh?..............£30

6. Ride On - THE LAMP SISTERS (Duke demo).............VG++.......£20

7. I'm Your Love, Man - THE LOST SOULS (Glasco).................VG++............potential big-hitter with storming intro, a big bully of a sound trying to make itself heard contains loud trumpets and shouty vocals straight from the off, not suitable for anyone allergic to enjoyment..............£75

8. I've Been Cheated - THE DALTON BOYS (V.I.P. demo).............Motown rarity, all-the-way Northern, do we love it? Indeed we do......................£125

9. Pigtails - TIMOTHY WILSON (Buddah)...............VG++...............320

10. More Today Than Yesterday - SPIRAL STARECASE (Columbia),,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,VG++...............£15

11. Bad For Each Other - LITTLE CARL CARLTON (Back Beat).................Mint-...............£30

12. Goodbye School - THE COOPERETTES (Brunswick)...................VG++...............£30

13. It's You For Me - THE AMAZERS (Thomas demo)...................Mint-.................£15

14. Love Bug - CHUCK BERNARD (Zodiac)...........Mint-........excellent low-pricer capable of working it's way up through the ranks; you wouldn't walk out of the room or go to the bar while this was on; a nice blend of Northern meets Southern Soul.....................£15                                                                        15. Come On Let's Dance - FILETS OF SOUL (Savoy).................Mint-.................£120

16. Chains Of Love / Someone Out There - CANDY & THE KISSES (Decca demo).................VG++.........................£40

17. You Are - BOBBY REED (Brunswick demo)...............Mint-............this is brilliant in every way, a tonic for those who love to dance, sounds like -if you can imagine it- Jackie Wilson singing over a Soul Brothers Six backing track. Grips you at the intro, pushes you onto the dance floor and gives you two and a half minutes of pleasure you weren't expecting.....................£75........but don't sit down yet as we've got..............

18. Where Are You? - JOHNNY DIXON (Boss)................Mint-................a big daddy of a Northern Soul dancer, a powerful presence on any turntable..............£90

19. Baby I Like It - GODOY COLBERT (Revue)................Mint-.............employing the same backing track as Len Jewell's "All My Good Loving", this will not fail to please the dancing fraternity, a challenge is as good as a rest!....................£75

20. (They Call Me) Jesse James - THE DREAMS (D.C. Sound)..........Mint-...............£15

21. Daylight - BOBBY WOMACK (United Artists)..............VG++...............beautiful summer of '75 Blues & Soul chart topper that is now becoming a well-liked Modern Soul spin; thus proving that form is temporary but Class is permanent.................£10

Many thanks for reading through the list, enjoy your day,

Cheers, Carl (Beatin Rhythm).

Social source share

soul auctionsTap here for 24hr ebay Lists  Sign in to Switch Ebay Lists OFF 
  • Replies 0
  • Views 680
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now