Who Played These First And Where

Ady Croasdell

Pretty certain Billy Watkins was Richard Searling at Wigan late 76 or early 77, dropped when Dave McCadden revealed who it actually was in Black Echoes.

That's what I'd have said.

Social source share

Guest DaveSwift

i don't think Othello Robertson was played much before it came out on various artists album - one with Gil Blanding - Rules amongst others 

Probably too slow for Wigan - great Mecca type sound for mid  70s but i don't rememner hearing it there

Social source share

i don't think Othello Robertson was played much before it came out on various artists album - one with Gil Blanding - Rules amongst others 

Probably too slow for Wigan - great Mecca type sound for mid  70s but i don't rememner hearing it there

YEP THAT WAS THE DESTINY LP "THE RECORD COLLECTOR" FROM 1979.  I NEVER HEARD IT BEFORE IT APPEARED ON THERE EITHER.  Sorry about the caps lock!

Social source share

Can't remember who it was cover up as though, can you?

I do remember Dave McCadden uncovered Billy Watkins, Joey Heatherton and Paula Durante all at the same time...to much consternation

Billy Watkins covered up as HB Barnum

Social source share

Guest brivinyl

Othello Robertson was played by Ian Levine at the Mecca 1974/75.

Social source share

Jesse Davis was being played by Butch & Dave Raistrick before Keb got hold of it!

True, but I thought the thrust of Adys request was who really pushed it through to the masses and Keb was more active on the decks at that point?

Social source share

Othello Robertson was played by Ian Levine at the Mecca 1974/75.

Apparently it was played at The Pendulum in Manchester in the early 70's, I don't know by whom though. I was told the lead singer was also the lead singer of The Inticers.

All the best,

Len :thumbsup: 

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!