Muscle Shoals Documentary

Roburt

...... COMING SOON .........

Muscle Shoals (director Greg “Freddy Camalier)
A new documentary that has the impact of a musical freight train, Muscle Shoals chronicles the men and stars behind Fame Recording Studios in the small Alabama town called Muscle Shoals. Narrated by Bono (watch his talk, “The good news on poverty”), Keith Richards, Percy Sledge, Aretha Franklin, Alicia Keys and others, the film features interviews with founder Rick Hall and his surprising back-up band, The Swampers, a group of local white teenagers. They looked, as the film says, like they worked at Walmart, but found within themselves the miraculous ability to endow singers like Franklin — not to mention bands from the Stones to Traffic – with a missing ingredient called soul. The Swampers eventually become Hall’s rivals, but the film wraps the whole story in glorious music and feel-good imagery. This Southern place exudes a special charm keyed to the rhythms of the Tennessee River and its green fields. Less known than it should be to music lovers, Muscle Shoals documents a center of the music scene that rivals Motown.
........................................ AND ..............
Muscle Shoals (Original Motion Picture Soundtrack)  -- Various Artists   (Soundtrack Music)
Expected Release Date : September 24th, 2013
â„— 2013 Universal Republic Records, a division of UMG Recordings, Inc.

TRACKLISTING
You Better Move On  -- Arthur Alexander
Steal Away  --   Jimmy Hughes
When a Man Loves a Woman  --  Percy Sledge
I Never Loved a Man (The Way I Love You)  -- Aretha Franklin
Tell Mama  --  Etta James
Patches  --  Clarence Carter
Hey Jude  -- Wilson Pickett
Free Bird  --  Lynyrd Skynyrd
I'll Take You There  --  The Staple Singers
Sitting In Limbo  --  Jimmy Cliff
(Sometimes I Feel So) Uninspired  --  Traffic
Kodachrome  --  Paul Simon
Pressing On  --  Alicia Keys

post-22122-0-38303900-1378909721_thumb.j

Edited by Roburt
  • Helpful 1
Social source share

I've seen it already, with my pal Tony Rounce, courtesy of Ady Croasdell, who couldn't make it. A case of his unfortunate loss was most definitely my gain.  :wink:

I have to say, it was brilliant. Do NOT miss this, it's a MUST SEE documentary that leaves you hypnotised.  :thumbsup:

I wouldn't mind watching it again to be honest.

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!