Andrew Squiggly

Intro - Andrew "squiggly" Saqladi

Hi, Andrew from Sheffield. My passions are Soul, Running and Dancing...So if you see me in a race and my arms and legs are swinging in strange angles thats normal, it just means i've got a stomper playing in my ears and i'm enjoying my run. Both my wife (Joanne Squiggly Saqladi) and I will get across the length and breadth of the UK to venues. We bring energy, friendliness, honesty and an abundance of Soul...........ktf

Hi, Andrew from Sheffield. My passions are Soul, Running and Dancing...So if you see me in a race and my arms and legs are swinging in strange angles thats normal, it just means i've got a stomper playing in my ears and i'm enjoying my run. Both my wife (Joanne Squiggly Saqladi) and I will get across the length and breadth of the UK to venues. We bring energy, friendliness, honesty and an abundance of Soul...........ktf

Welcome and hope to see you at one of those venues soon

Welcome to SS.

Did you used to go to Clifton Hall/Cleethorpes?

Petre

:thumbsup:

Hi Peter, I could write an essay on my life to respond, alas being born in 72 with an Arabic Father and a Spanish / Italian Mother i was brought up on a mixture of Yemen Arabic Music and Barry Manilow! When i got my first chance to listen to mainstream radio channels i found soul music, disco and emerging electro music. My early years were more around breakdancing, blues clubs and raves (both legal and illegal raves) but kept soul at the centre. Got Married, had family, weekends was family comprising football (for son) watching on Saturday and him playing on Sunday, running (raising money for charity) and the occasional time out with Joanne (wife) developed my career and after 22 years took redundancy and went into semi-retirement (aged 39!). Now our son has grown up both Joanne and i "Live it like we love it"...After 32years as an avid club runner...I now say "Northern Soul isn't a matter of life or death............Its much more important than that!" Hope to see you soon. Andrew.

Hi Peter, I could write an essay on my life to respond, alas being born in 72 with an Arabic Father and a Spanish / Italian Mother i was brought up on a mixture of Yemen Arabic Music and Barry Manilow! When i got my first chance to listen to mainstream radio channels i found soul music, disco and emerging electro music. My early years were more around breakdancing, blues clubs and raves (both legal and illegal raves) but kept soul at the centre. Got Married, had family, weekends was family comprising football (for son) watching on Saturday and him playing on Sunday, running (raising money for charity) and the occasional time out with Joanne (wife) developed my career and after 22 years took redundancy and went into semi-retirement (aged 39!). Now our son has grown up both Joanne and i "Live it like we love it"...After 32years as an avid club runner...I now say "Northern Soul isn't a matter of life or death............Its much more important than that!" Hope to see you soon. Andrew.

Hi Andrew

Thanks for the nice reply.

I thought you might have been one of the yourkshire lads that I was friends with back in the 80's - we used to meet up at Cleethorpes and Rotherham. You're obviously not him but I'm very pleased to make your acquaintance Sir.

:hatsoff2:

Peter

:thumbsup:

Comment now!

Comments are members only

Join Soul Source - Free & easy!

Sign in

Sign in here.

Sign in now!

Related Soul Music Links

• 1 posts
    • 194 reads
    • nobby1
    • 01 Apr 2018
    • 1 posts
    • 174 reads
    • SOOTY
    • 20 Mar 2018
    • 331 posts
    • 24404 reads
    • RICK SCOTT
    • 22 Feb 2018
    • 63 posts
    • 4923 reads
    • doog
    • 03 Feb 2018
    • 1 posts
    • 299 reads
    • Dave Thorley
    • 23 Jan 2018
    • 23 posts
    • 1843 reads
    • tomangoes
    • 28 Sep 2017
    • 1 posts
    • 158 reads
    • SouledTrafford
    • 03 Sep 2017

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.