R Kelly......share My Love...12Inch

zmpromo

soul auctionsTap here for 24hr ebay Lists  Sign in to Switch Ebay Lists OFF 

There is 12" white label copies available.

But to the best of my knowledge this must be a boot.

If that's right, this is the bit I just don't get.........when people say OVO only, is that what theey really mean, or do they really mean it's vinyl at all costs etc?

Cheers,

Mark R

Social source share

If that's right, this is the bit I just don't get.........when people say OVO only, is that what theey really mean, or do they really mean it's vinyl at all costs etc?

Cheers,

Mark 

.... And unless these white label 12's actually exist and are legitimately licensed and were issued first,  then the first and only legitimate vinyl release  is the Soul Togetherness 2012 LP isn't it ?

Edited by sunnysoul
  • Helpful 1
Social source share

Cheers,

Mark R

The guy asked for 12" nothing mentioned about OVO.

Social source share

The guy asked for 12" nothing mentioned about OVO.

And that's why I stressed that I wasn't having a dig at the original poster............just making a general point around the ensuing comments.

Not the right place for this, and it's all been said before, so I'll let the guy get on with looking for a 12" of it.

Cheers,

Mark R

• Helpful 2
Social source share

If getting a carver put the better track from the cd on the other side of it "Lady Sunday" Sam plays both of these.............from Carvers

Why has Sam been able to play Carvers of CD releases, for many years now, with impunity? Yet some guy puts a playlist up, which includes the legit reissue of John Harries, and he gets slaughtered off the OVO brigade.

Double standards or what?

• Helpful 2
Social source share

Guest acky6859

Definitely no vinyl available on this.  I'd be amazed if Soul Sam hasn't got a 7" carver of this, but no official vinyl release I'm afraid!

Cheers,

Mark R

he has got a carver seen him play it last year lol

Social source share

Why has Sam been able to play Carvers of CD releases, for many years now, with impunity? Yet some guy puts a playlist up, which includes the legit reissue of John Harries, and he gets slaughtered off the OVO brigade.

Double standards or what?

To be fair Pete, and make of this what you will, Sam would tell you it's more to do with a fear of technology, though clearly he does prefer vinyl anyway.  It is my understanding that his Manifesto columns are hand-written, which tells you all you need to know in that respect...........who else would hand write that kind of thing nowdays!!

Cheers,

Mark R

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Erm Why do venues not have CD players ?  It's not because they're cost prohibitive to buy.  It's down to OVO policy, which effectively dismisses many great tracks from being played, unless of course you're a stalwart dj on the scene, and it's ok to play a bootleg of one :g:

Edited by Guest
Social source share

some of us have CD players Pete but seems one rule for one and another rule for others.

If that was aimed at mey Sam post Barry, I remind you I said "make of this what you will.........."

In other words I was stating what I know, not passing an opinion on it.

Cheers,

Mark R

Social source share

If getting a carver put the better track from the cd on the other side of it "Lady Sunday" Sam plays both of these.............from Carvers

Best track from the CD is track 1, Love Is. Been criminally overlooked in the Share My Love & Lazy Sunday stampede.

Now where the hell are the vinyl only fans going to get a three sided carver from :lol:

• Helpful 3
Social source share

To be fair Pete, and make of this what you will, Sam would tell you it's more to do with a fear of technology, though clearly he does prefer vinyl anyway.  It is my understanding that his Manifesto columns are hand-written, which tells you all you need to know in that respect...........who else would hand write that kind of thing nowdays!!

Cheers,

Mark R

Actually used to handwrite my 'Out & About In Yorkshire' column & post them to Mike Ritson so that makes 2 of us.

Also used to occasionally put tracks onto CD for Sam & he managed to play them OK :thumbsup:  :D 

Social source share

Guest SteveJohnston

If it did not get released on vinyl I don't play it! There are plenty of good modern tracks to play from OV, leave the CD only tracks to the ones that collect on that format! Simples

Social source share

Cheers,

Mark R

To be fair its a 2 edged sword Mark. I hire sound equipment and the customers insist on Cd Players in the Modern Room and insist no cd players in the Northern rooms. Strange but true

Social source share

I will NEVER understand for the life of me.......I buy/play/collect music that I like, be it 7", 12", CD, MP3.

Surely it's about the music you like, not a format?

I love vinyl, but it's bizarre to just limit yourself basrd on a format.......I sorry, I don't want an argument and don't want to sound like I disrespect others opinions, but I find that kind of thing incredulous.

Some of you come at this from a completely different angle to me..... .

Cheers,

Mark R

Exactly Mark. Some people are fans of Soul music regardless & some limit themselves & miss out.
  • Helpful 2
Social source share

Guest SteveJohnston

How can any one with a vinyl only collection miss out? There are so many media options for home enjoyment of soul as we all know just because I collect vinyl only to play out It don't mean I'm not listening!

Edited by SteveJohnston
Social source share

Guest SteveJohnston

Mark I'm not saying I don't buy CD's its just that I never play them out! And would never think about playing a carver of a CD or MP3 only track. That's just me mate if others want to do it live and let live!

Social source share

Actually used to handwrite my 'Out & About In Yorkshire' column & post them to Mike Ritson so that makes 2 of us.

Also used to occasionally put tracks onto CD for Sam & he managed to play them OK :thumbsup:  :D 

Aye and that wer ont slate wit scratcher coz we didn't have paper t rite on tha knows, computers !!!  them's for soft southern jessies. :thumbsup:

Social source share

Just play the CD........it's all bullshit.......I thought it was an original format scene..........oh, unless the original format is CD!

Jeez.........

P.S. I'm not having a dig at the poor fella who simply asked about a 12" version......just making a general point...

Cheers,

Mark R

Same point applies to Dri as a Bone. Original is in CD format so why not play the cd of R Kelly
Social source share

didnt mean to cause such a fuss....i wouldnt play this at a northern nite myself as i only play ovo at these nites but i would play it at an across the board event and dont see the problem with that...hope this answers any qestions of why i wanted it...and i think its a great track....thanks

• Helpful 1
Social source share

didnt mean to cause such a fuss....i wouldnt play this at a northern nite myself as i only play ovo at these nites but i would play it at an across the board event and dont see the problem with that...hope this answers any qestions of why i wanted it...and i think its a great track....thanks

if your playing it .. at a ATB NIGHT they should have Cd decks in or play it of the Soul Togetherness 2012 LP 

soulfun & love sam evans xx

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Some of you come at this from a completely different angle to me..... .

Cheers,

Mark R

Yes we do. Get over it.  You tell me I can't possibly like soul music because I don't like the same music as you, then can't be bothered to comment on two of the most soulful podcasts ever posted up on here which I compiled, now you're telling people what format they can and can't use.  Who put you in charge?

Edited by Pete S
Social source share

Guest acky6859

you always cause a Fuss Z :yes:  :thumbsup:

Social source share

Yes we do. Get over it.  You tell me I can't possibly like soul music because I don't like the same music as you, then can't be bothered to comment on two of the most soulful podcasts ever posted up on here which I compiled, now you're telling people what format they can and can't use.  Who put you in charge?

You really are hilarious.  Take a look at some of your own contributions before critiscising me for forthright opinions!

I hadn't even seen your podcasts, and I'll be the judge of how soulful they are if I get around to listening to them thanks very much.  It's F all to to with liking the same music as me, it's just an observation that you appear to be a NS fan, not a soul fan......would you disagree with that?

Let people use whatever format they like, but can you really NOT see the irony and bigotry in the "original format" stance )understandably) strongly preferred by members here and the cutting of a track ORIGINALLY released on CD only, onto vinyl to play out........tell me that's not hard to understand.  Can you tell me that makes sense?  It's contradictory - fact.

It's as simple as that really.

Cheers,

Mark R

Social source share

Why do people think that rules that (should) apply to NS and Rare soul, also apply to the modern scene? Format isn't important in modern rooms if you don't believe me look at all the top names who carry their collections around on CD-R. Completely different scene, no hang ups about vinyl.....

That being said I can remember doing a "modern night" where there were no CD players "because they cost £50 to rent" I was told.......furious I was since I'd just spent more than that on a load of brand new CD's to play. :dash2: and couldn't play them.

• Helpful 1
Social source share

That being said I can remember doing a "modern night" where there were no CD players "because they cost £50 to rent" I was told.......furious I was since I'd just spent more than that on a load of brand new CD's to play. :dash2: and couldn't play them.

I can imagine how cross you were Steve, as i know how bemused I was when i turned up at an all nighter modern room to find only one CD player...........at least I had one!

I explained to the guy that if it's a modern room it needed CD players.

What I find quite frightening is that clearly some people just don't understand that there's any form of soul music outside of rare soul/vinyl etc.  In fairness there's a proportion of modern fans who don't see anything other than their take on it too.........in fact, I get frustrated by modern fans who take a swipe at the rare soul scene when they have never been part of it or understand it.

I like to think I understand a bit about the mechanisms of both scenes........and the associated vaugaries of each!!  LOL

Cheers,

Mark R

• Helpful 2
Social source share