Just Like The Weather - Demo, Plain Blue Or Speckled ?

Chris L

Around 10 years ago me and 2 mates were driving south side of Chicargo when we saw a open trailer full of records We stopped and enquired at the church charity shop next door They let us search through the trailer which was about a third full of 45s and 33s The only decent item we came away with was a demo of Nolan Chance So my vote goes to the demo

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Is this one of those records that are 'of a time', as in 'you had to have been there'? I'm not meaning this post to be one of those 'sh*t record' comments by any means, as they serve no purpose, that's not what I mean. I genuinely don't think much to it, not even Butch's one. I'm not knocking the record for the sake of it, I just wondered is it just me? If so, I really am 'the odd one out'

All the best,

Len :thumbsup: 

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Is this one of those records that are 'of a time', as in 'you had to have been there'? I'm not meaning this post to be one of those 'sh*t record' comments by any means, as they serve no purpose, that's not what I mean. I genuinely don't think much to it, not even Butch's one. I'm not knocking the record for the sake of it, I just wondered is it just me? If so, I really am 'the odd one out'

All the best,

:hatsoff2: HI ALL WHAT'S YOUR PIONT LEN? :ohmy: DAVE K 

Social source share

:hatsoff2: HI ALL WHAT'S YOUR PIONT LEN? :ohmy: DAVE K 

Hi mate,

My point is, that I'm actually wondering if my taste is 'unique' :D I was having a 'discussion' with Pete S about 'Romona Collins - You've Been Cheating' - I absolutely love it - he don't, and with ref this record, I get the impression that everyone (except me) absolutely loves it. I'm aware that people's different histories influence their taste, and can relate to people around the time this was first played loved it then, so obviously love it now - especially with their memories attached.

Does that make sense?

All the best,

Edited by LEN
  • Helpful 1
Social source share

Hi mate,

My point is, that I'm actually wondering if my taste is 'unique' :D I was having a 'discussion' with Pete S about 'Romona Collins - You've Been Cheating' - I absolutely love it - he don't, and with ref this record, I get the impression that everyone (except me) absolutely loves it. I'm aware that people's different histories influence their taste, and can relate to people around the time this was first played loved it then, so obviously love it now - especially with their memories attached.

Does that make sense?

All the best,

Ramona Collins a top sound. IMO

• Helpful 1
Social source share

All the best,

HI LEN, 

JUST TO CONFIRM, Yes you are an odd one! Wierdo. :yes:  :yes:  :yes:

kidding about the weirdo bit!!!!!

ROY

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Guest Dave Turner

Is there not a yellow issue as well?

I think it's generally assumed to be a mock up  ????

post-13147-0-63030500-1379092552_thumb.j

Edited by Dave Turner
Social source share

It's one of those records where you can have a sort of lazy, laid back, dance to - almost a cocky sort of walk type thing. If you know what I mean.

I like it.

Peter

:thumbsup:

:lol: ....Oh god, I know exactly what you mean - That was priceless! - Consider yourself back in my good books :wink:  :D .......I'll dance to 'Just like the Weather' (in a c*cky fashion as described) if you dance to 'Romana Collins' (As if ya really mean it!) :D 

All the best,

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Great Northern Soul classic from the golden era, I think all the label variations look desirable if they are in mint condition!

Edited by Guest
Social source share

....Oh god, I know exactly what you mean - That was priceless! - Consider yourself back in my good books .......I'll dance to 'Just like the Weather' (in a c*cky fashion as described) if you dance to 'Romana Collins' (As if ya really mean it!

All the best,

Len  

Doh! - you're the wrong Pete! :huh: 

Hey ho  

'Pete' whichever one you are - Still in my good books anyway

Len  

I was about to say that I didn't know I was in your bad book Len! :(

Peter

:D

• Helpful 1
Social source share

I think our tastes are quite in tune Len - mide tempo, 70's, crossover.

I think you have Smiffy in mind! :wicked:

Peter

:lol:

Yes I did have him in mind - again! God this is confusing at times :huh: :D  

Neither Pete's (Or any other Pete's for that matter) are in my bad books, and never were (Just thought I'd confirm that) :D  :thumbsup: 

Right - Out tonight, so 'we'll meet again' on Wednesday......or as the last time - Sunday night! :D 

Have a good weekend everyone.

All the best,

Social source share

But it's a reissue isn't it, came after all the others  :wicked:   did it not meet its reserve, something like £2400 final price, not the interest in it the seller thought?

Ask Mr Manship, he knows. He says it is the rarest issue, I am a mere mortal in these matters. Don't think it is re-issue, just one a few pressed at the same time as a Bunky Pick?

Social source share

Ask Mr Manship, he knows. He says it is the rarest issue, I am a mere mortal in these matters. Don't think it is re-issue, just one a few pressed at the same time as a Bunky Pick?

Why do I need to ask John?  I know what John thinks, talked to him about it when he auction it.  It is obviously the rarest of the Nolan Chance releases, anyone knows that.  Pretty sure the Bunky release was done from the same stampers as the constellation release afterwards for some self promotion, maybe to get a release overseas?  I can't find the topic started by guy who found one in Aus.

Edited by chalky
Social source share

What detirmines a "rare record" ?

They are all rare in the grand scheme of things just some are rarer than others.  I agree with Nev for the amount of copies about and what you see for sale on a regular basis it should sell for half what it does.  It's a classic though so will always sell.

Social source share

I always liked the 70s LP track version that John Vincent used to spin at the end of the 70's/early 80's and whose name has completely escaped now that I'm typing!

According to Ady in a previous topic he sold his "Bunky" one to JV.  Wasn't there also an acetate by supposedly Ritchie Parker, not very good if I remember rightly, have it on a disc somewhere.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!