** Mr Fish - September Sales List**

Mister Fish

Welcome to September's main list.

My apologies for the delay of this list but my Father passed away after a long illness so I dedicate this list to him and some of the proceeds will go to the charities Parkinson's UK and Dementia UK.

I hope you find something of interest.

All sound files are from the actual records - just click on the titles.

Best,

Steve
Shipping: 
Uk £2 (1st)  £3.50 (Recorded) £7 (Special)
Europe £4 (ask for registered)
World £5.50 (ask for registered)

Paypal as 'gift' or bank transfer preferred.
----------------------------------------------------------

*Just click on the titles to hear*

RALPH WEEKS  & The TELECASTERS SOMETHING DEEP INSIDE GUA JAZZ - (4 STARS) M-  £300
Monster mid-tempo magnificence from Panama. Highly sought after not just for this side but the latin jazz flip too. Really tough in this condition.

JIMMIE ELLIS - HAPPY TO BE (CENTURY CITY) VG++  £275  SOLD
Demand has probably never been higher than now for this great crossover classic. Condition is close to M-

JAY GRIFFIN - LUCKY ME / HOW SWEET IT IS (NOW) M-  £275
Unique, tough frenetic dancer flipped with a gorgeous mid-tempo number on this Washington,D.C label.

JOHN JONES - TOUGH LOVE (
JO-LUX) VG+  £250
Possible one of two known copies for this gritty Pasadena dancer with gospel undertones. Rare as hens teeth and previously covered-up.

TONY BAXTER - WHY IS IT TAKING SO LONG LET THE PAST BE THE PAST (GATES) M-  £250
Best versions of the these two magnificent Brantley tunes.
Immense two-sided mid-tempo!

JAMES KELLY DUHON - SO TRUSTING (JUDE) M-  £225  SOLD
By far his rarest 45 and such a great 70's dancer. Watch the price rise when this gets known. Slight warp dnap.

JAMES TAYLOR - LOVE WITH HOPE  / EVERYTHING ABOUT YOU (OVIDE) M-  £195  SOLD
Arranged by the TSU Tornadoes the front man does the business Up-tempo or mid-tempo just Class whichever side you choose.

TRUTH & DEVOTION - I'M SO HAPPY (CHAMP) VG  £195 HOLD
Thought to be LP only until this copy turned up but it's also a completely different mix and arrangement. Much more dance-floor friendly and what a thumping tune it is! Mega-Rare, perhaps one of two known copies, Greg Belson having the other.

WILLIE WHITE - I'M LEAVING BABY / NOBODY LIKES ME (GOLD SOUL) VG+/VG++  £195
Two rare Detroit dancers from 1970. "leaving'' is a previously overlooked gem ripe for today's dancefloors where as the flip is more old school Northern. A rare 45.

JESSE RICO - OH WHAT A GIRL (RICO) VG-  £195
I thought this was unknown until I saw it on a current Steve Guanori playlist. Blue-eyed private press from parts unknown as there's scant info on the label. They don't come much more obscure and I doubt there are many more copies out there. I can only find these two referenced.
The bad news; There is a stress crack which hasn't gone all the way through yet. It doesn't affect play but it's styrene so be careful!

TSU TORONADOS - PLEASE HEART DON'T BREAK (RAMPART STREET) M-  £175  SOLD
For me the best TSU tune and one of the rarest seeing as it was withdrawn soon after release. Lovely minty copy too!

SAM SAVAGE - MY LADY (RRS) M-  £175  SOLD
Another obscurity this time in a sweet soul crossover vein from Florida. A very recent find and just gone for good money on the bay.

Only seen two copies of this also.

'
'SENSATIONAL'' LITTLE DOC - LOOKING FOR MY BABY (MUSIC-GO-ROUND) M-  £150  SOLD
Rarely crops up and a lovely piece of crossover that's still to reach it's potential. Very slight lift dnap.

ERIC LOMAX - SEVEN THE LOSER (COLUMBIA PROMO) VG+ £125 SOLD
Memories of St.Ives for me but in recent years has gone big all over again and it's not surprising as the energy & choppy rhythm translates well to today's dance floors. Light marks only plays EX.

WALTER (BUTTERBALL) DAVIS - GIRL STOP BEGGING (LA CADE) M-  £120  SOLD
Fabulous funky crossover from Chicago. Another one hiding it's light under a bushel!

HAROLD BOWEN - FAITH (BO-MAC) M-  £120  SOLD
Another recent discovery and another thought to be LP only.
This version is 45 only and I've only seen one other and that's my keeper copy!

TOP SHELF - DOGGONE BABY I LOVE YOU YOU'RE HURTING ME (SPECTRUM) M-  £120  SOLD
Fantastic group dancer in impeccable condition. Still waiting for this get better known and it's much harder to find than you may imagine. Don't miss the great harmony flip too.

BRETHREN - CAN THIS BE REAL (TEEN TOWN) M-  £90  SOLD
Another one in waiting. Has appeared on a few playlists 
recently and with justification as it's a great 70's dancer.

JACKIE RHETT & SINGERS - GET HIM IN YOUR LIFE (RAINES) M-  £90
Funky & fantastic gospel crossover. The vinyl is M but has inherent dimples making background noise. Of  the two I've seen, both have it, so it must be a pressing issue. It's a great tune just needs some exposure from enterprising DJ's.

MARVELS - KEEP ON SEARCHING (FRANKIE) M-  £75  SOLD
Belgian large hole release. No USA release for this In-demand dancer commanding £150 on some sites!

RICHARD BLANDON & THE DUBS - LOST IN THE WILDERNESS (VICKI) VG+  £65
Atmospheric, unique sounding 45. Reminds me a bit of Bobby Lee Fears 'Exodus' so not a bad thing at all. Listen out for that drum break!

JACKIE JOHNSON & BACKBEATS - 
HOW TOUGH IT WAS (RANBILSON) M-  £75 
Private press Trinidadian Crossover dancer. Charming, not widely known and a potential investment?

===================FIN ==thanks for looking===========

Edited by Mister Fish
  • Helpful 1
Social source share

soul auctionsTap here for 24hr ebay Lists  Sign in to Switch Ebay Lists OFF 
  • Replies 2
  • Views 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now